Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 12:07:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMemory of a Broken Dimension
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Memory of a Broken Dimension  (Read 35962 times)
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2012, 02:14:38 AM »

I've been following this for a while, and it might be the first thing to convince me to install Unity player My Word!

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2012, 12:44:48 AM »

Yeah currently the console doesn't load into any other tools, I realized after putting the link up that maybe I should be storing what people type in a database and then reusing that data for other stuff in the game, might still do that at some point.

The command prompt is amazing! It's absolutely beautiful to play with.

"Login: Case" - fan of Neuromancer by any chance? Smiley

yup, I sure am Smiley

Wow, that login screen is just... Frightening..
I was constantly waiting for something to jump at my face at sometime.. Really well done. I can see this building up suspense alot. I dont know what to do at the interface though, I couldnt login. I imagine these "broken signs" could be something you have to race against if you want to login, before they take over the console.
The other visuals you posted kind of remind me of the whole berlin dubtechno glitchy / experimental flair like work by Shed, Marcel Dettmann, Ben Klock.. Looks like some spot on cover-art.
Is it all (also the 3d shaders) done in unity?

Eventually things may jump at your face Wink  right now I'm thinking the console mode will act as the main menu for the game, players will use it to load into other programs/tools that lead into the virtual reality / exploration mode. 
I'm still deciding if I should go the first-person using a computer route (walking around a room, walk up to computers to use..), or stick to making it seem like the game is an actual program you load up on your real physical computer.  I think it is a little more compelling treating it as a simulator, that YOU are the player using the tools on your computer, but having a 3d room to walk around in could help with some story ideas I'd like to try... Either way the system is planned to glitch out and mess with the player based on what is happening with the story.

I was checking out some Shed and Ben Klock, awesome stuff!
And yeah it is all done in Unity, a lot of custom shaders. Lately I've been using Vectrosity for helping with line drawing for the HUD visuals.

dasdsad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2012, 01:57:41 AM »

YES   Hand Shake RightKissHand Shake Left
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2012, 03:49:48 AM »

been thinking about the audio lately, so I took a break from code and grafxx to explore possible sound directions in Renoise...
http://soundcloud.com/datatragedy/trace

I've got the next few days off so there should be more work done on the game hopefully Ninja

Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2012, 05:31:52 AM »

That's pretty much exactly the sort of thing I imagined when I saw the screenshots. Not too disimilar from the sort of stuff I've been working on recently actually. Really dig that. Consider yourself followed on SoundCloud (I'm icefishing on there).

Overpass
Devlog
A hot air balloon exploration game.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »

holy crap dude. this is better than all the stuff from other people you sent me.
that higher yet deep, stringy alternating note is amazing. I just want it to spread out a little more (in stereo)

So pumped for this. This game better have something interesting to say. Or I will be sad.
Gib
Level 0

sup?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2012, 02:09:11 AM »

This is sick. Just looking at your previous gifs while listening to the audio gives me goosebumps. It has this fantastic anti-Proteus feel. Awesome.  Addicted

Welp, twitter and stuff. And b__g.
namragog
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2012, 01:25:17 PM »

Yeah currently the console doesn't load into any other tools, I realized after putting the link up that maybe I should be storing what people type in a database and then reusing that data for other stuff in the game, might still do that at some point.

Oh my gosh. You have to do this. That way people can 'talk' and interact with people that have been to these dimensions in the past, and see what their data ghosts have left behind and stuff. That would be so great. Loving the menu thingy.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »

Anti-Proteus indeed.

spolvid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »

I am instantly excited for this.
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »

I like Proteus Well, hello there!

been going through notes for the game and simplifying some things, also working on HUD/UI stuff in Vectrosity, it was being difficult but I think I've wrangled it under control.
Since I don't have any grafx to post, here's some weird notes pulled from intercepted packets...

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2012, 03:10:09 AM »

You should probably get a new notebook. There's some really bad compression errors on your current one. How do you even read your notes?
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2012, 01:20:07 AM »

Glitches give me nasty papercuts.
XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2012, 11:00:03 PM »

UPDATE
Really excited because I finally achieved my ideal dream goal of handling all the secretive mesh manipulation inside the vertex shader.  What this means is now instead of doing it slow in code with ridiculous numbers of drawcalls I've got it down to 1 drawcall with all the math happening in the vertex shader, super fast... smuggling position data and other stuff in via vertex colors.  Well, hello there!

more level design related updates soon...

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:20:49 PM by XRA » Logged

orihaus
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2012, 01:28:33 AM »

This is looking great! I love it when people go out of their way to try something new visually. Hand Thumbs Up Left

peous
Level 2

Indie opportunist

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »

Anyway screens looks really good!
I can't see vertex shader processing, but mainly pixel shader/postfx processing

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2012, 01:51:02 AM »

Looks awesome!
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 06:05:04 PM »

The feelings of these screenshots are amazing. dat intrigue. dat creeping horror. glorious.
Kurai
Level 0

Game Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2012, 12:01:53 AM »

Oh, man, I suck. I can't get past the boot screen Sad

Federico Fasce
http://kurai.eu
Urustar
http://urustar.net
"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams."
chainedchaos31
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2012, 04:14:32 AM »

I just played this at Lunarcade in Sydney and I loved it! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all weekend! Is there any way I can somehow play that particular build again? I found the build on your website but it looks like an earlier version - playing with sound made a huge difference. I'll gladly pay for the chance to play this again!

One piece of feedback though, it was rather difficult to work out the controls - I was getting nowhere until the event organiser told me what I should be pressing.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic