Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:27:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Tutorialsex2D for Unity: Build 2D sprite animation heavy game with easy steps!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ex2D for Unity: Build 2D sprite animation heavy game with easy steps!  (Read 5479 times)
nantas
Level 0

Daytime Level designer, Nighttime indie dev

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:20:06 AM »

Watch the video tutorial on youtube:

Here's the first episode of ex2D video tutorial series, in this video I walked through a simple example about making static sprite, sprite animation and texture atlas with ex2D in Unity. ex2D is our home made Unity extension currently in its beta.

This tool provides easy-to-use 2D sprite development interface and workflow, and has high performance on mobile devices. If you are a Unity user or just interested in watching how a sprite animation heavy game can be done nice and easy in Unity, please watch the video:D

Checkout the frontpage of ex2D for detailed feature list and beta download link:
http://www.ex-dev.com/ex2d/index.html

Hope you like it, more tutorial with advanced technique is on the way!

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:05:33 AM »

I like the look of this so far. I'm a Unity user and I like making 2d game in Unity. Currently I'm using SpriteManager2 so I'll try the beta and come back with more feedback. Maybe some compare and contrast.

One thing I'd like to know is, while the beta is free, will the end product be free or open source?  I'm asking this because I would like to make an open source Unity 2D game, but the license of SpriteManager2 prevents me from doing so. Currently I cannot find a good alternative yet. There's an orthello2D package, and it's pretty good but it isn't as feature-rish as SpriteManager2 yet.

Anyway, will be trying this and come back with feedbacks Smiley

EDIT :
Duh. I should have read more carefully. Just found this on your site
You are free to use the ex2D source code in your comercial project
You are free to modify the ex2D source code in your comercial project
You can not sell the original or the modified version of ex2D source code in any purpose
So I guess it's fine if I open source my project with your code then.  Tears of Joy
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:10:40 AM by Hima » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic