Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:47:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesSexy Seaside Beachball [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Sexy Seaside Beachball [FINISHED]  (Read 108250 times)
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »

"How do you know which gift to give to which person. I got 4 friends but no "close" friends. Is there benefits to getting "close" friends, aside from a warm fuzzy feeling?"

Well there's certain animations and a whopping highscore! Grin The character bios at the start of the game have some clues as what gifts to buy.

We're gonna do another release with online scores, this one was supposed to but we it wasn't working right so we cut it cause of time.

Thanks all for the comments! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 01:48:50 PM by lemmy101 » Logged

Retro
Level 2

Matej Jan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2008, 07:51:22 AM »

*sigh* Here we have a game with jubbling boobs and the conversation has devolved to complaining about XNA.

Shoulda used Allegro.

While reading Shawn Hargreaves' blog I just realized, how - ironic, perhaps - this suggestion is, since Shawn is one of the most known developers of XNA (and obviously advocating and caring a lot about it) while he's also the guy who started Allegro. Smiley I do agree on the suckines of deploying XNA based games though.

As for the topic, obvious from my avatar, I loved the way this game was demaked. Kudos!

captainbinky
Level 0

My dog's got no nose...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2008, 02:09:36 AM »

Thanks to everyone who tried and played this, and especially those of you who voted for us! :D

We're delighted with our top 10 ranking, congrats to everyone who entered! It was fun, and we hope to participate again! Beer!

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2008, 06:46:45 AM »

Congratulations on finishing in the top 10!

By the way, I've just been playing 'Ben There, Dan That' recently, and I noticed you guys in the intro credits! What kind of input did you have?

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
captainbinky
Level 0

My dog's got no nose...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2008, 06:55:01 AM »

Congratulations on finishing in the top 10!

By the way, I've just been playing 'Ben There, Dan That' recently, and I noticed you guys in the intro credits! What kind of input did you have?
Yay, thanks!

Well technically according to the game, Lemmy was 'code consultant' and I was 'art consultant'. But really, I think Dan and Ben were just being nice by putting us in the credits Smiley Good game though, innit?

thezombiecow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2008, 07:19:47 AM »

Awww come on!

Lemmy put up with me pesting him on MSN about how to 'do this' and how to 'do that' in the early days of BTDT's development.

Binky was the go-to guy for 'how do I make this look good?'. Hence code and art consultants.

Credits well deserved!

:D

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2008, 08:08:52 AM »

Good game though, innit?

Yes, it's excellent! I find myself trying every type of action on everything when I enter a new room, simply to see the dialogue. Needs more jokes about wanking, though.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Souseiseki
Level 0

so fackin pised of

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »

I swear this game needs a sequel of its own on the next system up.

$
DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2008, 04:58:15 AM »

How do you know which gift to give to which person?

In the store, certain items are highlighted in the color that corresponds to the sprite of the character that would like it. For instance, items that Kasuki would like are sometimes highlighted in red while items that Tika would like are cyan.
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2008, 05:23:09 AM »

How do you know which gift to give to which person?

In the store, certain items are highlighted in the color that corresponds to the sprite of the character that would like it. For instance, items that Kasuki would like are sometimes highlighted in red while items that Tika would like are cyan.

That's not all though. It might be an item the person hates, that happens to be in a colour they like. Wink Colours are just the icing on the cake. You can read what their general likes/dislikes are on the bio screen (as in DOA) or there's always trial and error. Smiley

DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »

What determines what color the items are? Or is it random? And if so, why?
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2008, 09:24:53 AM »

Certain items, such as lipstick, can come in multiple colours. Some items, like say a mango, it doesn't make sense to have cyan or purple variants, whereas a bucket and spade can come in all colours.

An item a character loves, that is also in their favourite colour, will therefore be more effective than an item they love in the wrong colour, but colour is by no means the only thing to go by. Smiley

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2008, 01:02:33 PM »

So the question still becomes how do you get "good" friends? Is it just to give more gifts to those that already are your friend?

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »

Yeah. Smiley The amount and size of hearts shows how friendly they are to you. Presents they like more will make them more friendly. Get the big heart and they are a 'close' friend.

Rahul1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2010, 01:47:24 AM »

This game is awesome, when we able to get its original version? i really excited to get this game.

indienewb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »

the download link is down, any chance to renew it ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic