Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:08:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVenusian Vengeance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Venusian Vengeance  (Read 25697 times)
TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »

Are those head crab like enemies?  Kiss
Dig the hud by the way, can't wait to play!

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 04:05:37 PM »

This is pretty, is it still in development? Smiley

It's still in development, but it may not be as pretty anymore, as Sir Ranshar Nakk has done what artists do best and quietly dropped of the face of the earth, which means unless he contacts me some time soon, I'm probably going to have to take over doing the art.  I'm going to do my best to incorporate elements of the current style into my own art for the game, and use similar color schemes.

This game has come too far and is too fun to drop.  I don't abandon projects this far in development unless there is something fundamentally wrong with them (as was the case with Dadaists 2).  I'm going to be fairly busy in the next couple weeks with the next Renegade Sector episode, but after that, expect more development here.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 04:23:37 PM »

God Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Looking good. Glad you're continuing despite the artist's absence. Though, surely you can find someone willing to play with the current style and continue the work? Would make it easier on you.

Keep it up!  Beer!
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »

Here's a peek at the new art.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:26:29 PM by Alec S. » Logged

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »

i like your new tiles, but i preferred the older sprite, decked out in official fsa colours
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »

Thanks.  Yeah, I'm not entirely happy with the new player sprite (and I'm always going to miss the old one), but I'll probably keep on tweaking it as development continues.

Anyway, more screenshot:

NemoDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »

Really appreciate that look! Game looks promising as well. Definitely following  Smiley
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 12:44:37 PM »

Thanks.  Yeah, I'm not entirely happy with the new player sprite (and I'm always going to miss the old one), but I'll probably keep on tweaking it as development continues.

Anyway, more screenshot:

Are you redoing ALL of the art now that your artist disappeared? What's keeping you from keeping the old player sprite?

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 01:13:55 PM »

The fact that this is a flash game means that I'm planning on making money from this (through sponsorship/advertisement) which gets messy if I start using someone else's art.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »

The fact that this is a flash game means that I'm planning on making money from this (through sponsorship/advertisement) which gets messy if I start using someone else's art.
Ah, understood. I didn't realize it was a Flash game. Anyways, good luck with the art revision. Smiley It's looking good so far, though yeah, the old player sprite was pretty awesome.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »

I got an email from Ranshar Nakk.  He's confirmed that he's gotten too busy to work on this.  However, the good news is he has said that I'm free to use the artwork he's already done.  At the very least, I'll be using the player sprite and some of the miscellaneous sprites.  I'm not sure yet if I'll be using the old enemy art, as it might look odd next to other enemies with my art.  We'll see.  Also I'm keeping the new tileset.

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »

make sure you use the same palette as the characters he's done, to help with consistency

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »

Yeah, I've gone in and edited the new soldier sprite with the new palette (the old soldier sprite will now become the first mini-boss, who uses a rocket launcher.)

Anyway, now that work on the new Renegade Sector is winding down, time to focus more on this.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

Screenshot Saturday:

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »

Progress is coming along pretty well on this now that it's become my primary project.  I've been working a lot on enemies and boss battles before getting too carried away designing levels.

I've also been planning out levels on paper before I make them.  It makes me focus more on making each part of the game serve a purpose or be memorable in some way if I have to describe it using words and sketches.

Anyway, have another screenshot:

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 08:32:04 PM »

Title screen:

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »

Looking good  Smiley

Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »

Will all the red on-screen, I think the cross could be of a different color.. Then again, I'm also color blind.

keoni29
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 04:54:24 AM »

Will all the red on-screen, I think the cross could be of a different color.. Then again, I'm also color blind.
Indeed. There is a lot of red/orange on the screen, so it might be a good idea to make the crosshair blue.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »

Yeah, white could also be a good color, since you're not using it in any of the sprites. Great graphics, still.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic