Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:22:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsYou Have to Win the Game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: You Have to Win the Game  (Read 44299 times)
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

I'm somewhere around 84%. Nice game, I appreciate the challenge presented.  Smiley

The only thing that I stumbled on was the endless pit area. It took me probably a little while to realize the trick there.

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »

Awesome game! I second the desire for some in-game bg music, but it was good fun either way. No other criticism... ran great on an old mobile intel gpu. 27% and then I had to give it a break, but I look forward to another play soon. Thanks  Grin

whoisbma
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2012, 03:43:38 AM »

Just lost at about 75%. Really amazed at the look, playing CGA games in dosbox would feel much better with the CRT. Subtle glow is great.

The game is definitely difficult, not always in a good way. Things get frustrating really fast on some areas, while the rest is a breeze. But I do generally appreciate the bullet-hell vibe of some of those bosses. (just not the one with the shrimps! Epileptic) Would love to hear some more sound too, but the minimalism is great overall. 

Great stuff!
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2012, 04:40:38 AM »

Just lost the game at 92% but am going to get that last 8% Addicted

mufasajones
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:01 AM »

I am really liking your game I think it is fantastic. I am 99% and just trying to find that last little percent and happen to find a part where I can get out of the map and doesn't seem like i am supposed to be there. It is rooms of complete black and there is no specific room names.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »

I'm stuck at 99% as well. My assumption is that I need to type in the magic symbil & word at some point, the symbol being ~ and the word being ARC or possibly something beginning with those letters. This is kind of far-fetched, but it's the only solution I can think of since I drew out the map of the game and there really is only one room that could technically exist inside the boundaries of the area. However, how what I suggested is actually done in-game is another question.

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »

I'm stuck at 99% as well. My assumption is that I need to type in the magic symbil & word at some point, the symbol being ~ and the word being ARC or possibly something beginning with those letters. This is kind of far-fetched, but it's the only solution I can think of since I drew out the map of the game and there really is only one room that could technically exist inside the boundaries of the area. However, how what I suggested is actually done in-game is another question.

You are on the right track. There is another clue that tells you where.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2012, 02:35:04 PM »

Problem is, I can't find ~ from this keyboard because it doesn't use the american layout. I'm quite sure I know the correct room; it's one with the text "What is the magic work" with an empty, unvisited room next to it.

rdein
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 03:35:04 PM »

those screenshots look incredibly charming :O really nice job!
lukke
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »

Great game ! so tight. I want more.
thanks a lot Hempuli for bringing the keyboard issue ! didn't had to draw a map on paper since Dungeon Master and was really wondering what I was doing wrong :D
Vom
Level 0

i'm a clothes climber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »

The button that brings up the console on my keyboard is the one top-left of the keyboard under Escape, with ` and ¬ and ¦ on it.

"good news for mouse. he's hired."
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:22 PM »

Yeah, since ~ is actually shift+` the ` button should work if you have that.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »

Problem is, I can't find ~ from this keyboard because it doesn't use the american layout. I'm quite sure I know the correct room; it's one with the text "What is the magic work" with an empty, unvisited room next to it.

I just checked out the finnish keyboard and that may be an issue that breaks the puzzle, although not necessarily the game. I would notify the developer. As for the room, you're close, and i don't know how it's mapped out, but there may be a way to enter a room from one that's not adjacent.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2012, 12:28:34 AM »

99% so almost there, but that last 1% is turning into a pain Shocked Such a great game, long time since I was this invested in one and was actually writing stuff down in the hope that it was clues.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2012, 12:48:27 AM »

The button that brings up the console on my keyboard is the one top-left of the keyboard under Escape, with ` and ¬ and ¦ on it.

Yeah, this I found out, but with my keyboard layout it appears that I'm unable to finish the game, since the console doesn't accept copypasting nor Alt Gr -based symbols.

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2012, 01:02:02 AM »

Yeah, this I found out, but with my keyboard layout it appears that I'm unable to finish the game, since the console doesn't accept copypasting nor Alt Gr -based symbols.

Maybe you can get around it with joytokey?

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2012, 02:41:43 AM »

Maybe you can get around it with joytokey?

Maybe I'll just change my language settings temporarily. However, I must say that this particular puzzle wasn't very well-thought-out by the developer, since it requires both finding the weird console box that wasn't mentioned previously in any way, while also requiring typing a certain symbol with a specific keyboard layout. Out-of-the-box is fine, but this requires too much knowledge of obscure stuff.

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2012, 03:46:51 AM »

Finished it. I didn't make the leap from wave symbol to console button without reading this thread. I think it would've worked better if you'd been asked to choose the symbol inside the game world (by standing under it or something) and then typed the magic word.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:13:12 AM by Ninja Dodo » Logged

J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »

Aw man, I didn't even think about how different keyboard layouts would affect that.  Embarrassed

Out of curiosity, what layout are you using, and which characters are you unable to type into the console?

ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »

Edit: 100.00% now.
But somehow I feel like I missed something?

Thoughts (avert your cursor if you wish to stray from spoilers):
About the magic word. (mouse-over to see)
About the CRT monitor look. (mouse-over to see)
About the collectibles. (mouse-over to see)

I don't know about everyone else specifically, but my keyboard-layout related issue (mouse-over to see) is rather silly. Edit: Nevermind that on my end.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:57:40 AM by ElTipejoLoco » Logged

Currently brainstorming for a project
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic