Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 08:03:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1462046 times)
McKnas
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 10, 2013, 02:42:50 PM »

Have to say that I like the old one alot more. Old one fits more with the game, new one is too strict or not rough enough, don't know exactly what. But as long as I can play the game I'm happy either way  Smiley
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 11, 2013, 02:27:07 AM »

When making a logo, do you use existing fonts? Or just make it yourself?
For this I make the letters myself.

Have to say that I like the old one alot more. Old one fits more with the game, new one is too strict or not rough enough, don't know exactly what. But as long as I can play the game I'm happy either way  Smiley
Hm... Why can't you all keep to one single oppinion, internet guys!?  Angry
I agree though - there's some kind of graffitiesque quality to the old one that I'm missing in the new one. What do ya'll think about these?

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2013, 03:50:25 AM »

Yes! definitely readable and it has a nice feeling to it!

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2013, 03:14:52 PM »

just to chime in, i like the top-most font here, but without the x's :O

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 12, 2013, 01:20:37 AM »

Cry

Which one is best, objectively?
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: August 12, 2013, 01:22:54 AM »

I prefer the bottom, but I think the top would be fine if you widen the part connecting the bottom right of the R so it doesn't look like a P.
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: August 12, 2013, 01:46:34 AM »

Also voting for the bottom one, but I'd reduce the X count - they make it more noisy than it needs to be

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: August 12, 2013, 02:29:10 AM »

Hm... Why can't you all keep to one single oppinion, internet guys!?  Angry
I agree though - there's some kind of graffitiesque quality to the old one that I'm missing in the new one. What do ya'll think about these?

Sorry for ruff scribbling over your logo but I prefered the dynamics in the old logo too. Just the R character wasn't too clear... you just have to watch out where your lines get to thin... in kalligraphy your approach would work due to the even spacing but in your case you have to put some variety on the line flow to keep it readable from a fair distance.

But overall still lovely stuff dude! Keep it that way! Hope my sketchy mock up explains the idea ... youd have to model it into the overall image though... oh, and if you look at the part where the lower hook tranitions into the letter's "pole" how sharp and smooth transitions make a difference. That snaky line I highlighted in with red breaks the flow of an R (the starting piont is that transition I ment)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 03:20:51 AM by c023-DeV » Logged

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 12, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »

Thank you! I'll see if I can make the old one work better...
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »

Update 158

Worked on the art, created a few new assets:

(Click for full size)

There's more than this image, but I think there should be something left for you guys when playing the thing as well Tongue
Dayvi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: August 13, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »

What made you choose scanner lines?

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: August 13, 2013, 04:49:42 PM »

There's more than this image, but I think there should be something left for you guys when playing the thing as well

Haha, don't mistake us for your customers. We are your colleagues and harshest critics.  Hand JoystickApoplecticHand Any Key

Great mood in that image, very dystopian..

artemi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 13, 2013, 08:11:29 PM »

Maybe try to replace the "X"s with shapes that are closer to raindrops? Cutouts that are fat and round at the bottom that narrow to sharper tops? Another idea might be to round them off and make them look more like the eyes of the squirrels?

And I personally like the new crop of fonts more, I think they're more readable, but if you are trying to instead modify the first I might also change the Rain "I" with a slightly less 'z' shape then it is currently.

Edit: Something kind of like this?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:36:25 PM by artemi » Logged
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: August 13, 2013, 11:44:16 PM »

That new screenshot is beautiful.

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: August 14, 2013, 12:01:36 AM »

Update 158

(Click for full size)

There's more than this image, but I think there should be something left for you guys when playing the thing as well Tongue

This looks really good.

Re the logo - the word WORLD is readable, but RAIN is a bit of a struggle - I think its down to the R mostly.
it reads like a P with something ouzing out below

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: August 14, 2013, 12:33:18 AM »

Update 158

(Click for full size)

hnnnnnnnnnnnng so good. instant mood.

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 14, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »

saw this in the epic post thread, so come here to sub. Shocked

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 15, 2013, 05:35:07 AM »

What made you choose scanner lines?
It makes it a little less flat. They might be better if a little bit more subtle though...

Hm... I like the idea of somehow showing a little of what the world is about, but I think straight up depiction is too blunt. I'll give it a thought. You're totally right that the "i" is too much like a "z".

Update 159
I'm putting the logo stuff on hold - instead I've for the first time started to seriously create the world. I'm making art and implementing it in the levels - a lot of fun but a rather slow process. I'll have some screen shots soon.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2013, 08:03:37 AM »

Update 160
I felt like doing something fun today, so I implemented sticking creatures to walls with spears. In the gif I pull the lizard into position with the mouse. The movement is jerky and the lizard looks chopped up, but needless to say there won't be any such behaviour  in the final game. It's just a convinient dev tool to be able to instantly move creatures around like that.

(When I look at this thing now I realize how horribly brutal it is  Shocked I don't exactly think of it that way, because to me it's all numbers and testing functionality. Don't worry though, the game won't play like this. It's not about cold-bloodedly placing helpless creatures in position for butchering - actually the real thing will rather have you at a disadvantage to the enemy.)

In the actual game there are very few situations where this happens, as it's not often a lizard is climbing next to a wall. But I like to have neat little details like this, even if they occur rarely. It gives the game another dimension of depth.

The spears can be wiggeled out, if the body they are stuck in moves around a lot. That means that a living lizard will sooner or later get free, and that a dead one can fall down if you jump on it/mess around with it enough.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »

Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil  Evil

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic