Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412057 Posts in 69447 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: Exye

June 23, 2024, 11:21:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTheseus and the maze, a finished game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Theseus and the maze, a finished game  (Read 3808 times)
JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:00:12 AM »

Since this game has been finished for a long time now, it's not likely I will change anything about it anymore, unless something is really wrong. The main perpose I'm posting this here is so that I don't make the same mistakes in the future, not to actually improve this game.

I'm not sure what the system requirements are, but if you can play other gamemaker games, you should be able to play this one. What I do know is that it will only work with windows, and that it should work on Windows XP and Vista.

The game is a platform exploration game, but it's pretty linear at that. It also has a lot of classical platform elements so it's also about skill and reaction.

Posting more than one screenshot would be useless since there isn't much graphical variaty.

You can download it or play it with yoyogames' instant play here:
http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/34165

(download button is in the bottom part of the right corner)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 10:25:59 AM by JaJ » Logged

MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:12:09 PM »

Cave Story ?

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 07:23:43 AM »

Cave Story ?

Shut up.

I still have to play the game. I'll let you kow my thoughts once I do.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 07:33:01 AM »

I didn't finish it yet, but from what I saw, I thought it was a very pleasant game.  The music was nice, and everything seemed to fit together to make an ideal example of  the genre, yet in an original manner.  Good work!

~ Theta Games

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »

Cave Story?
Kiss Cave Story  (Vague questions, vague answers.)

I didn't finish it yet, but from what I saw, I thought it was a very pleasant game.  The music was nice, and everything seemed to fit together to make an ideal example of  the genre, yet in an original manner.  Good work!

~ Theta Games

Thank you Smiley I hope you don't get scared away by the difficulty later on, that seems to be the biggest flaw for as far as I've heard.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:48:33 AM »

I played for a little while yesterday, saved my game, and just now wanted to continue and couldn't Cry
JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 06:16:21 PM »

Thats really odd, never heard that problem before, is there a savefile in the same folder as the game?
I really don't know what could be wrong...

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 04:55:56 AM »

Hmm. No, there was none. But I just copied it to a different folder and ran it again, and this time it created the savegame just fine. Very, very odd. But at least it works now! Smiley
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 05:32:42 PM »

This game runs so slowly on my machine it's unplayable.  Just like 90% of GM games.  Too bad, because explorey platformers are my favorite, and this one looks kinda neat Sad

Don't they have any hardware acceleration in GM?  If not, they should. 

And how the heck does Cactus make his games run so smoothly?

tweet tweet @j_younger
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »

GM has hardware acceleration, it uses DirectX 8. GM games tend to slow way down if you have an ancient video card or integrated video, or if your CPU is below around 1.0 ghz. Also keep in mind that the default frame rate for GM games is 30 fps (you can change it, but most don't), which can feel slow if you're used to most games which run at 60 fps.

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »

None of that explains why it runs slow for me  Undecided

tweet tweet @j_younger
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »

Oh, I've heard of a problem similar to this before, and it has to do with not having one's drivers updated. Are you sure your video card driver is the latest version? I've seen a couple of people report that GM games go very slowly and updating the drivers fixed the problem.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic