Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:53:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDust: An Elysian Tail XBLA Launch
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dust: An Elysian Tail XBLA Launch  (Read 3371 times)
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 11:48:30 PM »

Thank you! Really appreciate all the kind words and support we get, just settling back into non-Dust making mode feels a bit weird after so long, but getting there.. slowly.

PixelMonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 07:32:33 AM »

I've been back-and-forth debating about whether to get a 360 for ages now, and this game has pushed me over the edge. I love what I've seen from the trailers, and I'm looking forward to actually playing it!
FemtoKitten
Level 0

Everyone deserves a cuddle or two!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »

Yeah I think he's just saying it looks like it was a whole studio considering the level of quality Dean put in. Dean did all the art, animation and coding himself, and wrote the story (mostly, with editing help and dialogue direction from Alex Kain) too. Only thing he didn't have a hand in was the audio. The man is a skilled fellow indeed!
Yes, that was the point. The audio is top-notch as well, I noted some similarities with some Final Fantasy in terms of music... but everything was fantastic (except just maybe Dust's voice, but I must be mistaken because everyone else but me likes Dust but dislikes Fidget who I enjoy).

P.S She, Not He

Lonely Girl in Denver, I like making  games that require thought (Puzzles, 4Xs, Strategy, Turn-Based board games). Currently working on a Cute Collectible Card Game for Console and Mobile devices
ink.inc
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »

the cutscene animations looks kind of amateurish but the game in general looks really top notch

wowzers
ink.inc
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 08:41:49 PM »

by cutscene animation, i mean stuff like this:

http://youtu.be/Cg81GcutanQ?t=47s

and like this:

http://youtu.be/Cg81GcutanQ?hd=1&t=1m48s

it's not TERRIBLE, but it really reminds me of flash animations of the 00's, and doesn't really fit in with the high quality of the rest of the game

DISCLAIMER: I AM BASING ALL MY JUDGEMENT ON THIS AND MAYBE ONE OTHER TRAILER
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:50:06 PM by John Sandoval » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2012, 09:40:40 PM »

the voice acting feels a bit overacted, but that's forgivable since AAA game voice acting isn't much better

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »

I think it's pretty in line with the style of the game, with a nod back to older cartoons where this was pretty much the norm in the 90s. As for the final fantasy music references, I'd love to hear em, since I don't have any FF stuff apart from advent children OST so I am not sure where the references were pulled from.

When I get a chance I will promise to sit down and talk about my/our influences for the games music though, alas I don't think we ever talked about anything Final Fantasy related. Though I take that as a compliment Smiley since FF music calibre is pretty damn high. So thank you! Gabe if you want to ask Dean you can always say I sent you, however he'll be releasing a post mortem soon (which will have us on it too actually I think) so there might be some information in there. If not, he's a great guy to talk to and would hopefully have a bit more energy soon to do so. He better have it! I'll beat him if he doesn't!

Also I don't recommend basing your judgement of the cut scene quality on the trailer. Since that's how it is done in the game. I would recommend seeing a Lets Play or buying the game to see how the animation work is done in game, but that's all I can say.

Cheers folks! And thanks for the support once again, really appreciate it.

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »

I see what John said though and I agree that the quality of the cutscene animation is lower than the sprite animation in the game. Probably the only thing that throw me off a bit in the trailer but the overall trailer is still awesome Smiley

Chris, will this be exclusive to XBox or will there be a PC version in the future?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 02:57:23 AM »

am I the only one to think that there is maybe a little bit too much of effects?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »

I'm gonna wait 'till I play. ... I can't tell anything anymore.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 07:31:18 AM »

@Hima: You'd have to ask Dean about that, for now it's XBLA Exclusive I'm fairly sure, but again, probably better to ask Dean!

@moi: Far too many, I told him to stop, but he was like a crazed lunatic, effects here! effects there! Had to tranq the poor guy before cert to stop him putting another 50 effects in!

Morroque
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 08:03:43 AM »

This seems like a beautiful game. Add me to the list of people who will await a PC port.

I've also been a bit of a fan of your works, Hyper, ever since Iji. I hope merely listening to the soundtrack won't spoil anything.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 12:10:09 AM »

@MW: It really is, and hopefully PC Port will happen some day, I've no info on that sadly, but I know a lot of people want to see this come to PC, so who knows!

Thanks for the kind nod back to my first ever works Smiley nice to know people have been following me as I learn throughout the years, and hopefully follow me to many more years of learning! I'm touched by the constant support given.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic