Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 01:44:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsMini Golf Master [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Mini Golf Master [FINISHED]  (Read 15457 times)
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 12:28:04 AM »

Looks like you're really close to being done! I'm almost there, too.

Here's to deadlines Beer!

My game is almost nothing like minigolf at this point, but I still feel like we're comrades.  Gentleman

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 04:35:09 AM »

Looks like you're really close to being done! I'm almost there, too.

Here's to deadlines Beer!

My game is almost nothing like minigolf at this point, but I still feel like we're comrades.  Gentleman

Here here, harumph, and that old timey hand-twirly bow thing  Gentleman

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »

-17 items on the backlog, 5 "gating"
-2 Slices of pizza
-1 can of Grape Crush
-~6 hours

Toast Left Addicted Hand Thumbs Up Right

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »

Love that aerial map and digging the Win 95 aesthetic as well. Good luck! Coffee
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:41 PM »

Love that aerial map and digging the Win 95 aesthetic as well. Good luck! Coffee

Thank you kindly! Smiley I just finished, and boy-howdy did I creep out that scope down to the wire.

Time to zip and post for download! Woohoo!  Beer!

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2012, 09:19:49 PM »

Hand Clap Sweeeeeeeet.
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 09:45:05 PM »

Hand Clap Sweeeeeeeet.

I just posted it for download if you want to give it a try  Grin

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 09:48:49 PM »

First go on the front 9 without debug controls. I blame that I picked the player name "ZAZZYBLAMO"...

It IS possible to get a hole in one on every hole (I think). Sometimes it might require some co-op multiplayer though *hint*  Wink

Be sure to post a screenshot of your scorecards! Gentleman

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »

Lol  - I tried all 18... (I raged quit at the second go last hole).
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 10:33:59 PM »

Lol  - I tried all 18... (I raged quit at the second go last hole).

Oh no - that last hole is mischievous. I am thinking of adding a "Practice a Hole" mode so you can just pick one hole to practice. I think that would help a bit. I could add a generic putting green as well, to allow people to practice with ramps and stuff.

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »

I finished 18 holes on par! I took advantage of the "Restart Hole" option at least a few times...hehe.

That last hole took ages, but I finally figured out that a bank shot hole in one is the way to go.

louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »

Solid minigolf game. I managed -4 on the front 9 (okay, with a handful of non-penalty mulligans Wink). I like the simple control system.

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »

Solid minigolf game. I managed -4 on the front 9 (okay, with a handful of non-penalty mulligans Wink). I like the simple control system.

Woah, good score! I'm glad you liked it Smiley

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 08:43:08 PM »

Well, this is *tough*. You say you can have a hole-in-one in every hole?! What about those hole-to-pipe things?

It didn't have sound here, I suppose because I'm using Wine on a Mac, but thanks to that I guess I couldn't experience the whole deal, sadly. Also there was annoying, distracting flickering in the background outside the game image. But I could play it, despite being on a Mac, yes.

So yeah, solid, simple mini-golf. I'll have to try it with more people later to take advantage of the multiplayer, which is a cool addition.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »

My friend and I played a round.

Some thoughts:

- The game controlled well and felt nice and whole.
- The banter was a nice touch.
- It would have been nice to be able to see under the tree canopies without having to be underneath them.
- The pars felt almost random at times.  Most of these did NOT feel like par 2.
- Since the game played fullscreen, it was often not possible to get the mouse far enough away from the ball for full power when it was near the edge.
- Needs more food-related war cries.

Overall, it was pretty enjoyable.
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 05:54:56 AM »

Well, this is *tough*. You say you can have a hole-in-one in every hole?! What about those hole-to-pipe things?

It didn't have sound here, I suppose because I'm using Wine on a Mac, but thanks to that I guess I couldn't experience the whole deal, sadly. Also there was annoying, distracting flickering in the background outside the game image. But I could play it, despite being on a Mac, yes.

So yeah, solid, simple mini-golf. I'll have to try it with more people later to take advantage of the multiplayer, which is a cool addition.

I think the hole in one comment was inaccurate, for the exact reason of holes 4, 8, 12, 14, 16, and 17 :\ Admittedly, the pars were punched into the game in about 30 seconds at 11:58 on Friday night when I thought the game was due. I am working on a list of fixes that I hope to release in a post-compo version of the game.

Thanks for playing!  Coffee

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 05:59:44 AM »

My friend and I played a round.

Some thoughts:

- The game controlled well and felt nice and whole.
- The banter was a nice touch.
- It would have been nice to be able to see under the tree canopies without having to be underneath them.
- The pars felt almost random at times.  Most of these did NOT feel like par 2.
- Since the game played fullscreen, it was often not possible to get the mouse far enough away from the ball for full power when it was near the edge.
- Needs more food-related war cries.

Overall, it was pretty enjoyable.

Oh MAN, I am so glad you played multiplayer! I also noticed your score card image is called mashed_potatoes.gif  Grin

Along with well thought out par scores (see my previous reply to agj above), fixing the canopy transparency and making the mouse drag power better near the screen edges are on my todo list for the post-compo version of the game. Thanks for the honest feedback! I appreciate it. And thanks for playing!  Gentleman

Pierrec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:46 AM »

I'm not a big fan of mini-golf games (Ok...I just don't like them, mostly because I suck at it), but I still really enjoyed the atmosphere of the game : the weird avatars, the cheering voices (<3), the menu screen...

As far as I'm concerned, I wasn't bothered by the canopy thing. Maybe especially because I don't like minigolf games much, and it was something unusual for a minigolf game. A bit of random that could make me say "Hey, I didn't failed because I suck, I failed because of the canopu". Comforting thoughts ^^

Anyway, this is an impressive work for a one-month-game! Congratulations!   

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »

@Pierrec

Thank you for your feedback! Smiley I'm glad you enjoyed this mini golf experience  Coffee

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »

I'll just leave this here:

Also, post-compo update coming soon Smiley

Edit: See top of thread. Small update for v1.1 to address a couple issues
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:31:13 PM by whilefun » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: