_speed_ is an adrenaline fuelled top down racing game set in 2100, the turn of the century where the worlds first anti gravity racing league is taking place. Pilots are put in state of the art crafts in which they race against each other or the clock using various weapons and power-ups all at over 400MPH.
Upon release _speed_ will have an arcade mode and career mode. Arcade mode will contain every track, craft and feature unlocked from the start, here you can practice your skills or compete for online and personal records. In addition to this _speed_ will also ship with a career mode where you will participate in race events from around the world to further unlock events and points to upgrade your craft.
_speed_ is currently in alpha and because of this not all the planned content is in the game yet, upon release I would like to have the following modes and features in!
I am getting close to having all of the game modes into the game, at the moment there is standard race, time trial, head to head and endurance apart from this all I need to implement is eliminator mode and design a lot more tracks as I currently have three. All six power-ups are currently in the game and working along with arcade mode._speed_ contains 12 countries that each have their own unique craft with different statistics.
- Career Mode
- Arcade Mode
- Challenge Mode
Everything will be unlocked, all tracks, crafts, craft variants, mode etc will all be available to play. What you do in arcade mode will not effect Career mode.
Career mode will set you up with a map of the world with countries and continents offering multiple race events for you to earn commendations which can be used during your career. The use of commendations is yet to be decided.
- Standard Race (just a simple race )
- Time Trial (Beat a certain time to earn certain medal tiers)
- Head to Head (1v1 race)
- Endurance (Using each teams prototype craft, starting at the slowest speed and each lap the speed increases, race finishes when craft is destroyed)
- Eliminator (No lap limit, first to x ship kills wins)
- Leach Beam = Attaches onto enemy craft for a short while draining their shield and adding it to yours.
- Missile = Fire at a enenmy craft and it will guide it's self to the target and explode.
- Rocket = Dumb fire three rockets in a spread pattern which explode on contact.
- Mines = Lay down three mines behind your craft for an unsuspecting opponant.
- Shield = temporarily protect your self from enemy fire and collision damage.
- Boost = Give your self a sudden speed boost to charge ahead of the crowd.
Aidan Lee - Programming, Art
Tim "CoLD SToRAGE" wright - Music
TheConzio - MusicWebsite & Dev Blog_speed_ Twitter[/url
[url=http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/]CoLD SToRAGE Bandcamp