Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:02:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFull Moon Rising
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Full Moon Rising  (Read 17077 times)
DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 02:38:30 PM »

A new build is up that should fix the problem. Hopefully I didn't just make it worse since I now have to leave for work.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 04:36:02 PM »

It works great! Thanks!

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »

Hi, I'm new here but I must say that your pixel art is one of the nicest I saw on the forum - it's EXCELLENT and also the style is a bit different.

Contrast is very good, balanced. Low number of colors but used as it should.
I like the details, for example the dialog box... nice.
I'm really impressed.

Only one thing: I don't like too much the 2 btns, NEW and CONT.
Colors are perfect (they jump out) but for me a bit too big. And "CONT."... really? :D I honesty don't like cutted words, maybe a symbol or icon?

I'm downloading right now the game, let's see if it's also good Wink

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2013, 02:51:54 PM »

I appreciate your kind words, thank you. There are many more talented artist here than I, but I try make up for it by working hard. I can't take much credit for the palette, it's mostly DawnBringer's 16 color palette plus a few here and there. I tried to find a style that looked unique, and was simple enough for me have a quick turn around time on.

For the menu screen I was emulating Victorian era poster and newspaper design. The major themes I took from this style was playful use of type, and very little negative space. Abbreviation is commonly found in this time, and personally I like it. Smiley

I do hope you enjoy the game!

geepit
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2013, 06:01:16 PM »

Awesome game! Really enjoyed it, fun, challenging and humorous! Also the art is fantastic. Well done guys, great game  Beer!

Super happy everyone has been enjoying the game. Btw, 1 free internet to who ever can find the "A Man's Quest" Easter egg, and post a screen shot of it.
I'll take my internet as a cheque please Wink
http://i.imgur.com/7bG0llP.png (Linked in case anyone wants to keep looking themselves)
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »

I appreciate your kind words, thank you. There are many more talented artist here than I, but I try make up for it by working hard. I can't take much credit for the palette, it's mostly DawnBringer's 16 color palette plus a few here and there. I tried to find a style that looked unique, and was simple enough for me have a quick turn around time on.

For the menu screen I was emulating Victorian era poster and newspaper design. The major themes I took from this style was playful use of type, and very little negative space. Abbreviation is commonly found in this time, and personally I like it. Smiley

I do hope you enjoy the game!
Back again. Wink Played ^_^

If the gfx are amazing, I think the gameplay is A BIT boring, but not because the game himself is boring but for the level design. I think it could be build with more attention, I had the feeling that at some point it just put more-put more-put more. Uhm, I don't know if you will understand me Tongue

And even if the wolf ability is cool, the exploding bodies are top Wink , sometimes it was more a problem then an helper - and I mean when I risk to fall in the water. -_-
The boss fight is good BUT for me the boss "shield" is not that clear where it comes from and looks a bit like cheating. I think a different gfx could be much more appropriated to the gfx style - for example if the hero was a vampire the shield could be some kind of garlic essence. With the were wolf I have no idea.  Grin

At least that my fealing, hope to be helpful. For me the game should stay as it is, but for the sequel.. Wink
Still love the gfx :D

mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2013, 02:50:52 PM »

oh, forgot: werewolf sex.  Grin Grin Grin

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2013, 06:05:58 AM »

All games should have this plot.
DrunkDevs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »

Thank you for the critique mrKaizen. Some good stuff in there, we will keep in mind while working on future projects.

All games should have this plot.
They don't? What have I been playing all my life then?

Want more Drunk Devs?

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »

I like it a lot! Two things though, which may or may not be related to individual stupidity or that really horrible rig I have.

1. While the dialogue is easily among the best things in this game, the display speed is O k a m i   l e v e l s   o f    s  l   o   w... Also while boxes are skippable, there doesn't seem to be a double-press system going on, with the first press showing the complete text and the second one actually starting the next box.
 While the wakka-wakka voices are really fun to listen to, I don't think it would hurt anyone to speed up the display and/or have the first button press display the full box content instead of just skipping.

2. The thing - you know, the thing - is completely off-timing on my old, pre-war era PC (Pentium 4, 2,6 GHz, 2GB, XP). I'm guessing that's just due to minimum specs not reached, right? Or is that something still being worked on?

(← new art twitter)
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »

Completely agree with Miguelito on the text boxes.
Also, I guess you noticed it already, you're mentioned on RPS Live Free, Play Hard

DrunkDevs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2013, 12:01:26 PM »

1. While the dialogue is easily among the best things in this game, the display speed is O k a m i   l e v e l s   o f    s  l   o   w... Also while boxes are skippable, there doesn't seem to be a double-press system going on, with the first press showing the complete text and the second one actually starting the next box.
 While the wakka-wakka voices are really fun to listen to, I don't think it would hurt anyone to speed up the display and/or have the first button press display the full box content instead of just skipping.
All good ideas. Moving forward, I will make sure text speed is faster, and text skipping will always use the double tap method (I have always used it in previous games, so I'm not sure why I forgot to this time around). If I can find some time in the next few days I will make those improvements.

2. The thing - you know, the thing - is completely off-timing on my old, pre-war era PC (Pentium 4, 2,6 GHz, 2GB, XP). I'm guessing that's just due to minimum specs not reached, right? Or is that something still being worked on?
[SPOILER] This problem is a comes from me being new at creating music games. I understood how to compensate for some of the lag that occurred during that segment, but not all of it. I'm also going to try something too see if I can fix this as well.

Also, I guess you noticed it already, you're mentioned on RPS Live Free, Play Hard
I did not notice that awesome piece of news, thank you for showing me.  Grin

Want more Drunk Devs?

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic