Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:00:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNo Time To Stop (Jun 30 - Video running on Android Tablet)(Arcade / Platformer)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: No Time To Stop (Jun 30 - Video running on Android Tablet)(Arcade / Platformer)  (Read 10373 times)
matriax
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:45:29 AM »

Provisional Name: No time to Stop

The game pretend to be an Arcade/platformer tooking references of "Another World" and various games but as most minimalist possible with some logic/puzzles.

If you think my previous game Ninja Twins was hard, wait the hell in this game!.

Now game uploaded to Greenlight

Firsts mockups:
First Pixel-Art Mockup with a 16 color palette
Second mockup: Ilumination Tests and effects
Third mockup: Ilumination Tests and effects 2
First Ingame Screenshots

Actual Ingame Screenshot 27 Jun

Click to see the full version

Note: The actual screenshots are not representative of the final graphics and can change a bit to fit with the gameplay restrictions.

Videos:

21 seconds of Gameplay in HD (Jun 27)

FIRST GAMEPLAY VIDEO! (Jun 11)

Prototype 1 : Gameplay (May 21)
Prototype 2 : Particles (May 22)
Prototype 3 : Elevators (May 24)
Prototype 4 : Lamps (Jun 25)
Prototype 5 : Final Lamps and Dead Man(Jun 26)

Gameplay(Provisional):

The character will be always moving in one direction and when touch with any wall will change his direction.

You only have 3 keys to control it: Jump, Slide and Shoot.With this 3 keys you will can move and do anything in the maps.

The main objective is get the user always in concentration, you always will need to push any button in X time to avoid the death. Also, when you die you will start automatically from the last checkpoint.

Some logic/puzzles/interactions

Also, sometimes you will find a computer or a control panel on you will use the mouse to manage/solve the puzzles for:

- Activate the elevators
- Unlock sectors
- Turn off some spikes
- Decrease the power of anything to pass X zone
etc....

The puzzles/activations will be from the most basic ones to the most complicated thing you ever seen.

Why only 3 keys+mouse?

Because the game is also planned for mobile devices and i not like much the virtual pads. For this better control the game with 2 keys(Jump and slide) with one adititional for shoot some enemies or break some wall.

The mouse will act as the touch in the mobile devices that will give the users some moments of relax when they find a computer/control panel to interact, solve some puzzles,etc...

Gamestyle:

The graphics are made in a 120x80 resolution and up to 8x until 960x640. After i add lights and special effects.

Platforms that will be planned:
Windows, Mac, Linux, Flash, Android and iOS (Also probably for OUYA and GameStick)

-
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:25:43 AM by matriax » Logged
mindbrk;
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »

This looks really interesting Smiley
matriax
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:54:01 AM »

This looks really interesting Smiley

Thanks for the comments!

Working on collisions and trying the character always bounce and never stop.

This is an image of the first prototype i'm working now:
Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »

Loved the graphical style of the first pic.
Sounds like a fun game.

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
matriax
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:39:57 AM »

Loved the graphical style of the first pic.
Sounds like a fun game.

Thanks for the comments!

------

Now the first prototype video:
Prototype 1 Gameplay

Now working on cristal doors and windows to break using particles.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:26:08 AM by matriax » Logged
Artylo
Level 0

I'm just a voice, pal - a most talented failure, b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:48:27 AM »

1. Your art looks amazing.
2. I think if you set a constant +x or -x, that changes based on the direction that the "active" and then you should set up a kind of timer to activete the +x or -x thing.

OR

In some editors, if you change the speed of the "active" you get the same thing.

Hope it helped Wink
matriax
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:26 AM »

2. I think if you set a constant +x or -x, that changes based on the direction that the "active" and then you should set up a kind of timer to activete the +x or -x thing.

OR

In some editors, if you change the speed of the "active" you get the same thing.

Hope it helped Wink

Thanks!. I'm using multimedia fusion 2 and tried various ways to achieve the nonstop movement like the "bouncing ball" movement and only one graphic to change the direction instead Blue/red but at the moment with my skills was impossible and i'm sure this have to be easy :S

Now as prototype i want to create all the elements and get all the gameplay functions working and see how fun and playable is my idea Tongue and at the moment seems challenging.

I hope in a few days build some level and post it to the feedback thread to get the first impresions (Fingers crossed!)
Artylo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »

OR

Hope it helped Wink

Thanks!. I'm using multimedia fusion 2 and tried various ways to achieve the nonstop movement like the "bouncing ball" movement and only one graphic to change the direction instead Blue/red but at the moment with my skills was impossible and i'm sure this have to be easy :S

Now as prototype i want to create all the elements and get all the gameplay functions working and see how fun and playable is my idea Tongue and at the moment seems challenging.

I hope in a few days build some level and post it to the feedback thread to get the first impresions (Fingers crossed!)

Ok, I use MMF2 too, so you now are my new friend  Smiley
Here is how I did it in my "Canatrap" game.http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=33592.0

1.Every 2 seconds set speed of Active(I named mine runner) to 51.
- For some reason it gives it a boost and it moves continuously.

2.When the Active collides with a background ( or another active you chose as a platform)
Then set Active to Bounce.
- You need to have Platform Movement on the object for this to work.
-You get the movement you want and it activates the walking animation in both ways.

PM me if you need any help.
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »

This sounds pretty interesting. I'm loving the colors in the first image. Hopefully the controls you have in mind translate well on mobile devices. Subscribing for future updates!

matriax
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 05:28:27 AM »

This sounds pretty interesting. I'm loving the colors in the first image. Hopefully the controls you have in mind translate well on mobile devices. Subscribing for future updates!

Thanks, i hope so! .

----

First Particles added to the game. Still working on it but looks very acceptable now.
Prototype 2 : Particles
Artylo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 06:29:03 AM »

First Particles added to the game. Still working on it but looks very acceptable now.

Your particles look really good. Are those just actives with pinball movement or...?
matriax
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 11:00:28 PM »

Your particles look really good. Are those just actives with pinball movement or...?

Yes pinball movement the most easy way to get the particles explode/bouncing.

-----

Today it's time of elevators and maybe something more
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 11:05:59 PM »

love the look of this

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 02:35:42 AM »

Dat particles   Shocked

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
matriax
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »

After 2 days i get finally the elevator working well. I see a rare bug that needs to be investigated but at the moment all perfectly playable.

Video here: Prototype Video 3: Elevators
matriax
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 02:35:51 AM »

The elevator was redesigned yesterday in the prototype and today maybe change again with some improvements. Practically will be more bigger and possible with crystals to destroy  Evil

Also i worked a bit in the game style adding some iluminations and screen effects in the original pixel-art version and i get this:

(Click in the image for full version)

What you think? This better or still prefer the only 16 colors pixel-art version  ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:08:29 AM by matriax » Logged
laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 04:41:37 AM »

That looks incredibly beautiful. Much better! Grin

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
matriax
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »

That looks incredibly beautiful. Much better! Grin

Thanks!

I hope finish with the elevator and start to buil some interesting levels to play and launch a prototype for the first tests.

Actually the game is controled by:
Z= Jump
X= Slide
C= Shoot
matriax
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 02:47:56 AM »

Working to get the final gfx design/style:

Click to enlarge

Still not happy, needs minus colorfull/glow and a little more brighness in overall but each time i'm more close to find the final style  Wink
matriax
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »

Solving again the elevator bug after the re-desing, seems now all works correct again.

Working to get the final game style or at least some close to record a new video with a test level.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic