Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:33:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 386237 times)
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 15, 2013, 04:48:39 AM »

There was this famicom game that looked like River City Ransom but was a track and field theme.  No idea what it was called but I absolutely loved it.

Could it be as simple as... Track&Field?

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
nathan.wailes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 15, 2013, 07:52:34 PM »

Hi all,

I'm trying to remember a game I played in middle school around 1998-1999; it involved sailing between different islands/continents, and I think it involved buying and selling stuff, but the interface was very simple. I'm pretty sure it was running on a Mac. The heart of the gameplay (IIRC) was figuring out how to get your boat across the ocean. (Dealing with wind and stuff)

I don't think it was "The Patrician" (1992). IIRC most of the game was spent looking not at a static screen but at a top-down or isometric view of an ocean, with a boat moving around on it.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 16, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »

Dunno about boat thing, but later installments of Wonder Boy featured selling/buying stuff, though this is rather hit&miss as I don't know if Wonder Boy was ever released on a mac.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1223 on: December 16, 2013, 08:58:10 PM »

There was this famicom game that looked like River City Ransom but was a track and field theme.  No idea what it was called but I absolutely loved it.

Could it be as simple as... Track&Field?

Someone got this one already - it was Crash 'N' The Boys: Street Challenge.
garceaj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 17, 2013, 12:21:22 AM »

Hi there, you'll not have heard from me on this forum for a while. But I posted a question earlier, and so far I haven't seen anyone else ask a similar question. But this game I'm looking for, I only have a vague recollection of it, and I'm sorry about that. It had a plot mode and a free play mode, I believe, and it was a shmup, top-down scrolling game; it was on either the Macintosh or Windows 95. I'm thinking Macintosh, because it seemed to me to be black and white. I was five, six, or seven years old when it came out. So my guess on the date, it came out 1993, 1994, or 1995 or earlier. My dad got it for me while I had an ear infection, and so I stayed up playing it.

You had walls on either side of the screen, and some enemies were called wall-crawlers in the manual that came with the game, and you had smart bombs you could pick up. It also seemed to me that you could switch between the cockpit view and the top-down view. It was definitely in space. I think I also saw a face at the beginning of each free run, like he was the prince, or emperor of the universe or something. Or else he might have been the bad guy I was trying to beat. I'm sorry if it's very foggy, but I hope someone can help me figure it out because I always lost before i could finish it. I can add to this as I remember more details. Thanks for your time.

Ooh, shiny!
dekality
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 09, 2014, 06:12:48 AM »

Hello people
I would like to know the name of a game i forgot :/
It had 4 monsters in it 1 skinny and fast 1 fat 1 normal and i cant remember the 4th
It had different monsters like spiders troll like creatures and etc
I remember i played the demo of it and that i know at the near end of the demo i got a ranged grenade launcher like power which all characters got in their left(?) hand
It was made around 2000 thats all i know

Thanks in advice

so nobody knows ?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:34:13 AM by dekality » Logged
Gameonaise
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 10, 2014, 07:13:54 AM »

PLEASE HELP THIS GAME HAS MY CHILDHOOD WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!!

O.K First it is a first person shooter in a call of duty style game, i think its world war 1 or 2 and you start of in a jungle then you move around a bit surviving ambushes and stuff, then you reach an airport.

you then you steal an airplane or you get one,( i forgot) then you are the gunner at the back while your friend is piloting you defen for a bit then your pilot gets scared and ejects, so then you have to climb on top of the plane and get into the pilots seat and you take control of it,

After that you see a battle shit on the sea and you have to droop bombs so you hit metal platings on the side of the ship,after the ship gets blown up and sink your then tasked to go back and pick up your friend who ejected before.

This is tyhe only missions i remember so if anyone haas any idea PLEASE HELP! Thank you all in advance
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1227 on: January 10, 2014, 03:46:14 PM »

Daggerfall?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 13, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »

I can remember everything about this game except the name.

It was a browser game, probably flash, mostly played with the keyboard. The game had a bunch of levels, like 20 to 25 of them, and each was a short wario-ware style game based on an element of a 16 bit JRPG. For example, in one level you have to loot all the chests in a one-screen town (and you lose if you leave the house and miss one hidden item) and in another screen you have to talk to all the NPCs, but when you talk to one NPC they drone on and the hero appears, so you have to quickly scroll through the text in time to catch the hero before he leaves. The last level requires you to input a code to make the boss vulnerable. I'm pretty sure you can play the levels in any order, except I think maybe the last one.

I'm pretty sure I saw it on JayIsGames, but I can't remember if it was in a link dump or had a review to itself (I'm pretty sure it got a full review).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 14, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »

sounds like a skipmore game: http://www.skipmore.com/

btw: i'm looking also looking for a flash game. it was an older one, like from around the mid 00s. it was a "rail shooter" in the vein of time crisis (same cover mechanic too) with pseudo-3d graphics. the main character was a woman with a pistol and the enemies were generic masked terrorists or w/e. the game had an over the shoulder camera angle similar to resident evil 4. pretty sure it was a japanese game too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:20:12 PM by C.A. Sinner » Logged
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1230 on: January 14, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »

i'm looking also looking for a flash game. it was an older one, like from around the mid 00s. it was a "rail shooter" in the vein of time crisis (same cover mechanic too) with pseudo-3d graphics. the main character was a woman with a pistol and the enemies were generic masked terrorists or w/e. the game had an over the shoulder camera angle similar to resident evil 4. pretty sure it was a japanese game too.

It sounds like Nobuyuki Forces 3:

You can play it here (official author site):
http://skt-products.com/contents/nobuyuki3rd14.swf?skt=3

If it's the one, the creator of the game also made a 4th episode, looking way better:

You can play it here:
http://www.kongregate.com/fr/games/takahirou/nobuyuki-forces-4

And I just noticed that the creator of this game is also the author of the "Moai" series of Flash games - loved those games!

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 14, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »

sounds like a skipmore game: http://www.skipmore.com/

That's it! The game is "Synopsis Quest". Would've never guessed that one. Plus, there are some other good looking games on this site.

Thanks a bunch!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 14, 2014, 03:38:58 PM »

yep that's it, thank you! Smiley looks like i remembered the camera angle wrong.

i actually knew about the sequel or at least it looks familiar.
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1233 on: January 14, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »

yep that's it, thank you! Smiley looks like i remembered the camera angle wrong.

i actually knew about the sequel or at least it looks familiar.

I've just played both of them, and I definitively like the 4th episode better, the 3D effect is very nice and forces you to move camera to shoot everyone down.

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Liita
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 27, 2014, 10:02:46 PM »

An ancient arcade game.
Green spaceship fixed at the center of the tube.
Moving the joystick, moves space. Not the ship.
Joystick had movement in 8 directions.
Smaller enemies would explode when hit anywhere (once or more).
Larger enemy space craft needed to be hit many, many times exactly at a center glowing spot. Adding to the difficulty, the glowing center spot could only be hit by shooting exactly through 2 or more "tunnels"/openings (in the space craft itself) leading to it.

Some details might be my mind glorifying the memory I have of this game.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:08:53 PM by Liita » Logged
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 29, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »

I'm trying to remember the name of a role-playing game.

It was a shareware game. I never owned the full version and only played the levels of it that were free.
It was an old Windows game with an ugly 3.1-like interface. (I don't remember exactly which Windows it was, but probably somewhere around Windows 95)
It was an RPG where you controlled multiple characters. You selected which characters you wanted to take with you to a level, and the gameplay was turn-based on a grid (which, again, had very simple early-Windows-like graphics). You could play the levels in whatever order you wanted.

Maybe it's too vague, but that's all I remember. And no, I don't know if it was any good, but I'd like to see it again for nostalgic reasons. It was an inspiration to me when I started making my own games way back then in childhoodland.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Liita
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 29, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »

I've found the game! At the MameDB website: http://www.mamedb.com/game/bosco
It's called Bosconian. And the player's spaceship is white. The large enemy spacecraft is green.
Youtube gameplay:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:38 AM »

I'm trying to remember the name of a role-playing game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realmz was the first thing that came to mind

could have been one of the earlier spiderweb software games too. exile or avernum maybe?
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 29, 2014, 10:58:38 AM »

Nope, but thanks anyway. The game did not have any hub level like a town, it just had a bunch of monster killing areas. I also remember that the interface was mostly white, or close to it (something like this 3.1 program but instead of a clock in the middle, there's a grid with heroes and monsters)

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 29, 2014, 11:13:43 AM »

i edited my previous post.

the only other thing i can think of is castle of the winds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_of_the_Winds but that's not party-based
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic