Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:55:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNo Man's Sky
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61
Print
Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 80312 times)
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

I remain skeptical of this game,
If I let myself dream, this game becomes something totally awesome that I've wanted for a long time, but if I try to be more realistic with my expectations it probably won't be very exciting.

Is anything other than asteroids breakable? Can you dig or build like minecraft? Is it an MMO? Can you kill other players?
Lots of things confuse me about what they've shown and said

primaerfunktion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2013, 09:39:04 AM »

I have just seen that Interview with Rev3Games (

) and it's really annoying how vague he keeps with his explanations of how the stuff is supposed to work in the game. It could be for marketing reasons but it made me really skeptical.

Although I really want this to be great.

RK3000 - A city destruction game inspired by Godzilla and Megazords.
DevlogIndieDB

twitter.com/primaerfunktion
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »

It's a cool idea in terms of looks, but I'm not hyped for it. I feel like it'll be a type of game where you have a universe to explore but nothing to really "do".
but there IS something to "do", i.e. explore planets and share your findings. from your post it sounds like what you really want is a totally different game.

Well, I was looking back on Scribblenauts when thinking about this game. It was fun for a while when you typed in the crazy words people discovered to create things, but eventually it proved lackluster as an actual video game. Same thing happened with Spore. So, I stand by my idea that it will be fun for a while, but ultimately they will have to create some sort of mission or obstacle the player must surpass to retain their interest, and make the exploration process fun and engaging.

andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »

In the interview I read, it was said that the goal is to get to the center of the galaxy and the closer you get, the more dangerous and exotic the planets become. That seems like an interesting enough overall game arc for me

JimmyJ
Level 1

Hi!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:25 AM »

I hope multiplayer isn't required, it gets talked about a lot.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 04:22:13 AM »

When watching indie game trailers one should always think
"What is the bare minimum functionality and content I would need to replicate this video?"
And that is what the game is likely to ACTUALLY have

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 07:27:58 AM »

Oh shush you. Let me dream of the concept behind the game, rather than worry about what the game will actually be like.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
antoniodamala
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 07:34:07 AM »

I'm ok with just walking around and enjoying the view of a bunch procedurally generated planets and stuff. Also I'm pretty ok with the whole aesthethics, it's very generic graphic designerish approach, but I like it.  

Edit: okay I saw the noctis game that casinner said and that game looks incredible.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:40:31 AM by antoniodamala » Logged
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2013, 07:54:52 AM »

I'm ok with just walking around and enjoying the view of a bunch procedurally generated planets and stuff.
I'd also be ok with this if all the planets weren't recolored Earths :/

antoniodamala
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »

Proteus is a recolored Earth too and it's omgsobeautiful
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »

ok it sounds like no man's sky isn't going to be a pure exploration game after all, which kinda makes my post moot, but i'm still going to respond to sundownkid:

Well, I was looking back on Scribblenauts when thinking about this game. It was fun for a while when you typed in the crazy words people discovered to create things, but eventually it proved lackluster as an actual video game. Same thing happened with Spore. So, I stand by my idea that it will be fun for a while, but ultimately they will have to create some sort of mission or obstacle the player must surpass to retain their interest, and make the exploration process fun and engaging.
yes, but: in both of these games the exploration aspect was gimped due to "gamey" elements and scribblenauts (as far as i know) didn't have all that much to actually discover. what if the exploration IS the whole game? noctis (yeah i know im talking about it too much) first came out in 96 and still has a small but dedicated playerbase, despite having nothing to "do" other than exploring planets.
antoniodamala
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2013, 08:56:12 AM »

yeah scribblenauts was dum, and spore was broken after the first two stages, not much to compare here. I read a interview on rps where they say that it has some minecraft influences, which does look closer conceptwise.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »

Proteus is a recolored Earth too and it's omgsobeautiful
have u been there yet?

antoniodamala
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »

Yes and it's omgsobeautiful.
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 04:49:57 AM »

I'll certainly get this game. I like sandbox and other games that makes great use of procedural content generation. I'm kinda obsessed with procedural gen.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-02-christmas-storms-flood-no-mans-sky-dev-hello-games

Sad
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »

Hope they had off-site backups.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
antoniodamala
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »

oh man that's very sad to hear Sad
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »

excuses

they realized they couldn't deliver

Durr...?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »

so, i used to be somewhat hype for this game, but it's starting to look more and more like a typical minecrafty open world thing, but with instagram filter aesthetic and now im not really interested anymore. just thought i'd say that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic