Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:25:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCosmochoria
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cosmochoria  (Read 2926 times)
30/30
Level 0

Kickstarting Cosmochoria!!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2014, 05:50:21 PM »

Hey guys. This is my game. It's called "Cosmochoria" which is the scientific name for the method of planting seeds that involves a tiny naked guy with a jetpack.

It's like Soldat had sex with Super Mario Sunshine while Starseed Pilgrim watched.

Love Nate.

p.s. Click the pic for the trailer... if you dare!!! Id love your feedback on how it looks, etc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:49:46 PM by 30/30 » Logged

KICKSTART COSMOCHORIA!!!: Old-school arcade game about hopping between planets, killing aliens & planting seeds for high scores.
Matt Rohr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 08:21:10 PM »

Super cool concept man!
You should start with gameplay first in the trailer.

30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »

Thanks for checking the video man! Yeah it was hard... I had a trailer where it was 100% gameplay but people were like 'what is this even...' so i thought the little story thing would help set it up.. i am learning there's no 'right' way... haha.

KICKSTART COSMOCHORIA!!!: Old-school arcade game about hopping between planets, killing aliens & planting seeds for high scores.
30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:09:23 AM »

Also if you like the look of the game, and are on Steam, a greenlight page is up at: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219694672

Kiss  Waaagh!

30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »

Got some great comments on the Greenlight page. Here are a few of my favs:

Quote from: Hide|or|Escape
I think I already saw this game here.I voted NO because of the naked guy... Being naked in space isn't a good idea. This game contains nudity and it should be rated +18

Thanks, dude, I totally agree that being naked in space is a bad idea. The worst thing about being naked in space is the fact that there is zero atmosphere to protect you from the sun's harmful rays, so it almost definitely would result in sunburnt genitals. I do understand your desire to see this game rated 18+ due to the fact that there is a naked guy as the protagonist, but careful consideration was taken when crafting him to ensure that his private parts were covered at all time. Well, unless you consider nipples to be private parts... His nipples are definitely showing & would almost certainly be sunburnt. Not his penis though.

Quote from: Alix
Cosmochoria is still in pre-alpha development." Why even bother putting it on Greenlight if it's far from finished? Just why(?)

I appreciate your concern - to be honest, Cosmochoria is very far along in development. The reason it's on greenlight is twofold - one is to build awareness for the game so when it is released, more people know about it / are looking forward to it, etc. Im just a single guy working on the art, programming, promotion, management, etc. Im doing all this stuff so any opportunity I have to get the game out there until it's released I'm going to take it, because if I don't, by the time the game is out, no one is going to know about it and that will translate into zero sales. Its true I could put the game on greenlight once the game is done and try and build that awareness, but then what if it doesn't get greenlit for 6 months? A year? By the time it appears on Steam, it would be a year old and possibly not as many people would be interested in it anymore. By having it on greenlight now—while i finish development—I'm able to try and build some momentum for the game, not to mention I can have it available on Steam on DAY ONE of it's release.

I'm sorry that it bugs you, but I think this is the mentality that a lot of indie developers have - if they can get the support now, before the game is done, not only does it give you a chance to play a role in the development (as I'm always listening to the comments and those DO help shape the development of the game!) but it also increases the chances of a more successful launch once the game is done.

Quote from: IKEA Meatballs are good
Love this. Steam could use some more games like this :D
Thanks so much for your love man! Though, I think I would die a sad painful death if there were more games like this on Steam. One of the main reasons I've been so excited about making it is because I've never really played anything quite like it before, so the 'newness' was very inspiring to me. Smiley Your Steam name is awesome by the way. I've only ever smelled IKEA meatballs... I've never actually partook in their tender meaty deliciousness.

Quote from: KickAss
THIS GAME AMAZING !

Never before has someones name and comment held such a true double meaning. You, my friend are both Amazing & Kickass. Thanks for the support.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219694672

Liita
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »

I love the graphics. Would love to see a bit more gameplay though.
BTW, at certain angles it looks as if the naked guy is breaking wind. Johnny Fartpants style.
30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:15:58 AM »

Getting a version ready that I can share with some Let's Play-ers. Smiley Thanks so much for your feedback, and I totally agree, the number one danger in this game is too much spacefart. In space, no one can smell you .. ah.. nevermind..

Matt Rohr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 10:23:44 AM »

Thanks for checking the video man! Yeah it was hard... I had a trailer where it was 100% gameplay but people were like 'what is this even...' so i thought the little story thing would help set it up.. i am learning there's no 'right' way... haha.

Heh, yeah. Keep it up!

Liita
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »

.......... In space, no one can smell you .. ah.. nevermind..
LOL!
30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 01:24:30 AM »

Hey guys.. I have a playable alpha build of the game up at www.cosmochoria.com - i'd love to know your thoughts if you get a chance to check it out!

Neophen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 03:33:14 AM »

Looks Awesome!

30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:48 AM »

Just a heads up I've been working my nuts off to get everything up and ready in time for our April 1st Kickstarter launch. Going to be awesome with rewards ranging everywhere from digital copies of the game & soundtrack to plush dolls of "Cosmo" our cosmonaut hero. Keep your eyes here or on the official site @ cosmochoria.com for info. Smiley

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 08:17:23 AM »

Hey what's up! Nice to see you on TIGForums and that the game's getting some attention here. Eagerly awaiting the Kickstarter

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 08:18:40 AM »

Hey Christian, you rock - thanks a million man. Smiley Check NEOGaf for a question i posted re: video content. Maybe I should re-post here, too?

MysticXSab
Level 0

The Weave is calling...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »

Love the concept, and the art looks terrific.

30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »

Love the concept, and the art looks terrific.

Sweet, thanks so much for the kind words! Have you had a chance to check out the playable version on cosmochoria.com?

30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »

Kickstarter campaign is about half done - 13 days left and I just dropped the WiiU stretch goal to $25,000 - we're only $8000 away at this point (when i include the paypal backers)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nateschmold/cosmochoria

tuemiste
Level 0

Blurp is freshh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 04:28:19 AM »

The game looks fun, too bad your PS4&VITA goals are so high...

Lets be crazy for a second and picture a world without stress... All you have to do is follow the rules inside the book.... would you try it out ? Quarantime
30/30
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 05:49:11 PM »

Just wanted to proudly announce that the Wii U Stretch goal was met this afternoon thanks to so many awesome awesome people. The last day of the campaign is tomorrow, but Im already over the moon with how successfully it went. Thanks for all the support you guys, it is infinitely appreciated. Smiley

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nateschmold/cosmochoria

Respect,
nate

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic