Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 11:56:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMeldameum {Top-down space shooter]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Meldameum {Top-down space shooter]  (Read 1559 times)
bellmind
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »

Hello everyone! Meldameum is a game I have been working on for about a month now. Let me explain some of the details.

Meldameum is a top-down space shooter that focuses around the story of Jebs. Jebs is a bounty hunter, a quiet protagonist, who, throughout the game, gets a number of contracts from various people and organizations. These jobs have a tendency to involve pirates; and as the story progresses, you will see why.

I've only worked on combat and the main menu so far. I still need to work on how the story will unfold and some other stuff. Only after that will I be setting how much of a percentage this game is done.

For now though, have some GIFs'.

Early example of movement, main weapon, secondary weapon, and enemy.

Main menu [though there is now a ring that rotates as you scroll through the options; (as YM thankfully suggested) and the on/off selection for options has been replaced with them being highlighted (with thanks to SolarLune for pointing out that the on/off characters made the menu look crowded).

Most current example of the gameplay. [made to quickly showcase all the various types of enemies. (Hence the reason I'm playing so terribly in it)].
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:11:53 PM by bellmind » Logged

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »

This looks really sweet. Reminds me a ton of Vlambeer's Luftrausers mixed with some Asteroids, but in a good way.

bellmind
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »

Thanks! I just watched some gameplay of that (Luftrausers), and I can see what you mean.

GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 12:50:28 AM »

Yup yup. Keep on truckin though. Luftrausers is by no means an original gameplay idea, but it came into its own thing quite nicely. I can see this too creating its own unique imprint, whether it's a story or just feel different, etc. From your write up, it already has a story that sets itself apart. I'm a sucker for a good story, even in the simplest of games, so I'd say make sure that stays Smiley.

Random idea: Would be cool to have some star fox/metal gear esque popup boxes with people talking to you in em.

bellmind
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »

Got the ship selection menu working. Still need to work on a room transition and the new ships weapons.

bellmind
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »

Forgot to post this. I polished a few things and made this into an executable so you can playtest what I've made so far.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic