Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412086 Posts in 69450 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: holdemech

June 26, 2024, 11:38:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 2034430 times)
Grundislav
Level 0

Magic Smiling Cat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1240 on: October 16, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »

Hello Indie Gamers,

My name is Grundislav.  Well, actually my name is Francisco...if my name was Grundislav I'd get some really odd looks when meeting people.

Anyway, I'm a slave to a dead genre, namely adventure games.  I make freeware point and click adventure games using Adventure Game Studio (AGS).  You might be familiar with my Ben Jordan games.  If not, give them a try! I hope you like them.

I'm trying to expand out of the little AGS bubble and find other forums, and you guys seem like a cool bunch, so thanks for having me. 
increpare
« Reply #1241 on: October 16, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »

welcome!

I played about with ags a year or two ago; it's a lot of fun.  Kudos for involvement on LGIU.  I look forward to your contributions to this board, and will try check out your games soon as I have a moment to spare.
Mars
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 16, 2008, 05:35:11 PM »

Hi, im Mars!
And Im new to indieing.
=) greets!
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1243 on: October 16, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »

Are you named after the Roman god of war, Mars?

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
godsavant
« Reply #1244 on: October 16, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »

Are you named after the Roman god of war, Mars?

short for Marzone
KinokoFry
Level 0

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1245 on: October 16, 2008, 07:40:27 PM »

Hello Indie Gamers,

My name is Grundislav. 

Hey Grundislav! :D

Pah, typical. @_@ As soon as -I- make my way over here, all of AGS follows me.
Nidis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 17, 2008, 05:46:55 AM »

Hello!

I'm a prospective designer from Melbourne, Australia. That's me on the left.

And that's my girlfriend on the right, shes a member here too somewhere. She does the art and other design side of things. I just made my first post in the Art/Design forum (albeit not the best design idea to open on probably..) and was informed its a good idea to introduce yourself so people know you aren't just plugging your shit, which makes a lot of sense! So I'm here. I've got everything that can be crossed crossed for my chances at getting into Uni next year, I've been assembling/disassembling/creating/messing with/pulling apart games in my head for as long as I can remember and it's fairly decisive that Games Designer is my niche profession, no matter how much I ward myself away from the competitive and overcrowded market. I get good ideas, but to climb the ranks you have to start in either art or programming, or make a lucky design break on a project. So I'm here to join the nerd mating calls and mantras of design and to fling my ideas out into the abyss alongside the others. In the words of Ned Flanders; "Godspeed, little doodle."

You'll be hearing a lot more from me  Cool
jrothfork
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 17, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »

Hey everyone Smiley

My name is Jim, and I've been suckered into the game developing side of things for the past four years or so. I started working on a free game in a system called Active Worlds, and am now working on a game on that same system for release in about a year or so. The game I'm working on is called Ashianae's Journey and you can visit it at www.ashianae.com - I have also begun to dabble a bit in offering tips and tricks to people just beginning to get into the indie game dev scene at www.thegamestudio.com

I will probably post some screenshots of Ashianae's Journey on the feedback forum, as I'm curious to see what people think about the visuals ^_^

I am studying Architecture, but I'd love to dedicate myself to video games, heheh. Nice to meet you all!

Jim

Jim
(www.ashianae.com) - A new Indie Game & (www.thegamestudio.com) - A new Indie Game Resource
Josepho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 18, 2008, 11:20:02 AM »

Hi all, my name is Josepho, i am a game designer from spain. I have worked in GM in lots of projects but i only finnished two.

Rounded Bugs Ex: http://screen.uptodown.com/screen/screen.php?screen=Rounded%20Bugs%20Ex%201.1-1.jpg

and

Easter Avenger: http://www.questtracers.com/screenshotsEA/lev14.gif

Easter Avenger has more than 120 000 downloads and have won some game contest like playstation artfutura "completed award" and caiman easter contest.

Kukoo Kitchen: http://kukoo.questtracers.com/shots/screenshot1.jpg

Kukoo Kitchen will be our first commercial game, it is our first blitzmax game too, its a time management game that will feature some interesting things that will make it shine between all the other time management games.

Im working in a AAA company now, but im my free time, i still make indie games with my indie developer team, questtracers.

Hope you like it  Grin

-------------
Questtracers - Indie flash games!
http://www.questtracers.com/
Casey
Level 0

I sort in O(n) time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1249 on: October 18, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

Hi, so my name is Casey, I've been making games for probably 5 or 6 years now.  Mostly in Game Maker, although I've messed around with C# with XNA and Java a little bit.

I haven't really released anything very well known, my most popular game is Lab 14, which in my opinion is pretty bad, but it got really popular at YoYoGames (yeah I know...) but I like having people play my games so I'm not complaining.

Most of my games are pretty short and only focus on a few gameplay elements, but they are hopefully fun for a while anyway.  Most of the games I start, I do because I want to try something I haven't done before and want to see if I can do it, then once I get it working I usually lose interest.  Maybe one of these days I'll go back and finish some of my many unfinished games (I actually have quite a few that are only a few hours away from being completed).

All of my games can be found at my website if you want to check some of them out.

d4s
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1250 on: October 18, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »

Hi there,
my name is Matthias.
I love to code games on the Super Nintendo and I'm already loving this community here, very friendly atmosphere!

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 18, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »

Now that's a mighty fine shirt.
gb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 18, 2008, 09:16:26 PM »

Aloha!  I'm a butthead from Australia who likes games enough to finally try her hand at making them.  I have pretty much no experience yet, but I've had enough of letting that and "real life" stop me from trying!

Some of my favourite and most influential games are Secret of Mana, Terrangima, Yoshi's Island, Ico and Killer7 (first one to spot the odd one out gets a biscuit).  Apart from games I like all sorts of random junk, including HP Lovecraft which kicked me into joining this form and trying the latest competition.

I'm more inclined towards game design/mechanics and writing than art or programming, but I want to learn a bit of everything.

Pleased to meet you all!

Yyyep.
Jeff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1253 on: October 18, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »

Hey there.  I'm Jeffrey Rosen, co-founder of Wolfire Games.

I'm also a student at UC Berkeley... very part time.  I've been a part of a few web 2.0 startups during my stay at Cal, but I won't bore you guys with the details.  It's been my dream for a long time to work on video games, so I am really happy that my twin brother and I can finally make that happen.

Nice to meet you guys!

increpare
« Reply #1254 on: October 18, 2008, 10:19:25 PM »

new guys: welcome!  make yourselves at home: I'll have a pot of tea ready in a minute...

KniteBlargh
Level 4

Blargh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: October 19, 2008, 08:49:12 AM »

Yo, people call me Knite. I'm a cartoonist. I've started playing around with pixel art, and so far, I love it (I made my avatar just in case anyone wants to know, but the random guy within isn't supposed to be me).
I'd like to learn how to bring my pixely characters to life with Gamemaker, and it looks like Derek's tutorials (hope he continues to write them) are going to help me out lots.
The first game I beat was Kirby for the NES, and it felt good. Really good. Too good! Ever since then, I've been charging through various adventures left and right.
The first indie game I encountered was Cave Story, which I don't need to say much about, 'cause it rocks through and through. I'm quite a fan of some of Cactus' games.
I've said too much already. It's a pleasure to be here. Gentleman
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 07:53:15 PM by KniteBlargh » Logged

godsavant
« Reply #1256 on: October 19, 2008, 09:21:55 AM »

I'm...co-founder of Wolfire Games.

Mm...for such renown, you make quite a humble entrance. Gentleman
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1257 on: October 19, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »

Heyo Jeff Well, hello there!

Also, welcome, Knite, Josepho, Casey, gb, d4s, etc. Smiley

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Radial
« Reply #1258 on: October 19, 2008, 02:53:33 PM »

Hey, I have been spying on Tigsource for some time now and it looks great! I got into the indie gaming scene when I first played Cave Story a while back (courtesy of Tigsource) and I absolutely love it Smiley I have played the violin for about ten years now and I absolutely love it.

Hope to see you around
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 19, 2008, 03:06:19 PM »

Hey, I'm laremere. Radial is my friend and he just showed me this forum, and I couldn't help but sign up.  We met in an indi game (silly him, he forgets it's indi) called Blockland.  It's a great sandbox building game, but the community tends to be younger players, and the older group of players aren't the best community.  I owe a good amount of likeness for indi gaming to Radial, he showed my Cavestory recently, and has showed me many other fun games before that. 

I myself probably first played video games at my cousin's house on his N64.  I remember playing allot of Road Rage, as well as some other fun games.  I also played some Breakout, Mario teaches typing and Tetris on my families really old mac.  Over the years I've become a fan of many Nintendo games, my favorite being Zelda: Link to the Past.  I now do most of my game playing on the computer, and most of that being indi games.  I think indi games tend to be so much better because so much more care is added to the games, and they tend to be allot more origonal.

Well, thats me :D

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic