Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412110 Posts in 69451 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: tzdevil

June 29, 2024, 01:46:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 2038805 times)
Renton
« Reply #1200 on: October 03, 2008, 12:28:20 AM »

Welcome to the forums, guys. Always nice to have fresh blood.  Evil
Mush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 03, 2008, 06:07:45 AM »

Hello TIGsource. I am Mush, mark it down for you'll be hearing a lot of it  Cool
^^ Eh.. Anyway, I have recently got back into spriting after a very horrible start a few years ago.
Other than that I don't really have much experience in making games or much to do with art at all really, but that's kind of why I came here. To help improve my pixel art and if I ever want to code a game.
I found out about this site from a post on the fun-motion forum and have been lurking for a long time.

See yah  Smiley
jonaw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 03, 2008, 10:58:50 AM »

When waiting for the commies I look like this:

You scare me.

Aw, common, the picture isnt THAT lame. Posted it just for funs.
You know  they throw me in jail in I refuse to fight the commies right?
olio
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:21 AM »

hey, i am olio! i just started programming a few months ago. i like the competitions you guys run here. hopefully when i am better i will be able to compete in them!  Beer!
GalaethGames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1204 on: October 04, 2008, 08:35:39 AM »

good day. I'm Sion 23.

I first got into making games with Klick and Play, (the four disk version that included less graphics than the cd version, for which I was always jealous I didn't have).

Some of my awsome klick and play games included

Bebo - an awful platformer of a baby in a dicktracy style outfit except bright red and blue, and when he died he said in my teletubby(pre teletubby days)voice "eh-oh Bebo"
Military Bananas 1 (it was my take on worms, except it was a screen full of bananas on big vine platforms,)
Military Bananas 2, (the same as above but with different looking banana outfits)
Military Bananas 3
Military Bananas 4
Military Bananas 5 (I must have been short on ideas)
Military Bananas 5

I then took a break and finished school and a degree in CompSci in Uni (which I struggled to learn Java and never did, but managed to escape with 2:2)
I then left Uni, moved from the UK to Spain and dumped Java, and had a go of Game Maker, while I didn't finish anything, I got fed up of it,
I then moved on to a bit of Blitz3D last year, and now recently BlitzMax, which I find great my programming style for my 2d game needs, from this the only thing that I have finished is an educational game which I made for a children's academy - but now I have my own flat with studio and am hoping to expand on the educational games and also make some good proper games too.

So I haven't finished a proper game since 1997

I like beer and when babies hit each other.

rotten_tater
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1205 on: October 04, 2008, 05:23:42 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm Ted Lauterbach, also known as rotten_tater/cool_manga_boy around the Game Maker Community. I'm a 20 year old guy born and raised in the tiny town of Boscobel, Wisconsin, USA. More recently, I've relocated to Sun Prairie, a slightly larger small place.

I'm really big into Game Maker. I've been working with it since about version 4(?), but hadn't really gotten good at it until a couple of years ago.

Some of my games include:
 I.C.E.
       An icey looking 2 level shmup
 Wave Shock
       An abstract looking arena shooter
 Visit
       An adventure puzzle platformer. With blocks.
 Visit 2
       An adventure puzzle platormer that also has blocks. And an extra dude.

Some of you may have heard of the last two games? Visit 2 recently was featured in Bytejacker and got second place in YoYoGames's Competition03.

Well, about me then.
I like eating. A LOT. I'm often found living around my laptop, and eating. Usually potatoes. They're tasty. Oh yeah, I like making games too.  Smiley Apart from games and food, I also enjoy composing on my free time. I generally use FL Studio for my fancy stuff, and good ol' midis in my games (save Wave Shock). If you want to listen in, you can check out my Myspace Music Account. Also, I'm proud to say that all resources in my games belong to me, except fonts and some .dlls that help with overly technical stuff.

I'm also a cactus fan.

I've been lurking around TIGSource for about a year now, and finally decided that I needed to get... active?

This is me, after I became bored and tired at the same time  Shocked:

And this is where I work:

So, that's me. By the way, does anyone know a good/decent, free/inexpensive website host?

Hope to have fun,
Ted Smiley
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:44:11 PM by rotten_tater » Logged

increpare
« Reply #1206 on: October 04, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »

So, that's me. BTW, does anyone know a good decent free/inexpensive website host?
what level of functionality are you looking for?  Would google sites do, or do you need something a bit more functional?
rotten_tater
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1207 on: October 04, 2008, 05:47:19 PM »

what level of functionality are you looking for?  Would google sites do, or do you need something a bit more functional?

I guess, I'm looking for a place I can have a dev blog and host games/other stuff. Would you still recomend them?

increpare
« Reply #1208 on: October 04, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

I guess, I'm looking for a place I can have a dev blog and host games/other stuff. Would you still recomend them?
No.  I've not gotten about to setting up camp with my own host yet, so I can't do much more than hearsay.  I'm sure if you'd start a thread on this topic in the general board that you'd get more than a few contributions.  (I don't think there's such a thread already, having carried out a search just there).  I, for one, would be interested in hearing what others have to recommend.
ChevyRay
« Reply #1209 on: October 04, 2008, 06:45:02 PM »

Same here, funny that I stumbled on this. If one of you folks doesn't start it, I will Smiley
VultureOfCulture
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 06, 2008, 06:32:06 PM »

Hello all! I'm the VultureOfCulture. I'm a gamer and I've followed TGIS' blog for a while. I love the games on there and decided to go ahead and join the forums because it looks like there's more goodness to be had on here on here.

I'm a big music fan. So much, in fact my dream job is to become a sound engineer. Hopefully next year I'll have the funds to send my ass to Full Sail to study that.

I also have a love for movies and video games so I may lend my sound engineering talents towards those mediums as well.

It's a pleasure to be here and I hope give you guys some feed back about the games that you post up here.

-VOC Gentleman
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1211 on: October 06, 2008, 08:17:47 PM »

Welcome, everyone.
VultureOfCulture: What kind of music and movies ya' into? Smiley

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
theparticleman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1212 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:08 PM »

Hi, I'm Jon, also known as The Particle Man.  I've been into gaming for a long, long time.  I think the first video game I remember is my brother playing Pong and Tennis on some version of Atari, followed closely by Centipede on an old Sinclair-ish computer.  I really got introduced to gaming on the Commodore 64 though.  (Jumpman rules!)  In my golden age of gaming I moved into NES, SNES and PC.  For the past few years I haven't been as much into gaming though.  It seems like a lot of the focus has moved into flashiness and marketing.  Actually making games fun to play seems to be an afterthought for a lot of developers.  It doesn't help that a lot of new games now cost $50 or $60 or $70 or more.  And for what?  A game that's a lot like games that came out 5 or 10 years ago, just a little prettier.  Not really funner though.  But recently I've started being interested in indie game development because it seems like it's fueled more by passion than by money.  People making fun things for the sake of making fun things, rather than for the sake of making money.

Anyway, that's a little on my game related background.  In the real world I'm a senior software developer working on things that are much less fun than games.  I do get to do some architectural work which is more interesting, so that's nice.  I currently code primarily in C#, but I've also worked quite a bit in VB.NET, Java, C++, Pascal and good old BASIC.
VultureOfCulture
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 06, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »

Welcome, everyone.
VultureOfCulture: What kind of music and movies ya' into? Smiley
Music: Pretty much everything. Rock, Metal, Alternative, Country (don't taze me, bro!), Alt-country, Rap, Techno, 8-bit, classical. Lately I haven't been able to stop listening to Ryan Adams and Wilco. My all time favorite band is Queens of the Stone Age. Their first album and Songs for the Deaf are both classic.

Movies: I think my favorite director is Kevin Smith. He's such a good writer and is able to get so much out of the actors he works with. I even enjoyed Jersey Girls a little. lol I'm also a sucker for period pieces. The Godfather Parts 1 and 2, of course being the ultimate there. And the occasional action movie is always therapeutic. What kind of person would I be to NOT enjoy 300. And I'm a huge horror fan. The Thing Army of Darkness is probably my all time favorite horror movies.

I could seriously go on and on about movies.

Also, I'm not much of a TV watcher, but I do keep up with Heroes, Fringe and Burn Notice religiously.

Might as well also throw out that I'm an avid reader of books too. Currently reading House of Leaves.

I would also like to thank you for the warm welcome. Mighty kind of you.
Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 07, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »

Hello there. I'm strong414bad, and even though I have a number in the middle of my name I happen to not be a completely unintelligent fool. I made Mario fangames for a little while over at MFGG but eventually decided that I could do better than making Mario seem "epic" and thus decided to make a completely original game.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit lazy and said game has yet to be started.

Anyways, I use MMF2 for my assorted game-makings and I also make Youtube Poops (but the good kind that rape your ears, not the bad kind that use CD-i.)

So... yeah. I'm here and I hope to stay for a while and all that good stuff.
scar3crow
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: October 08, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »

Well, its obligatory so I guess my first post should be here. I'm David 'scar3crow' Queener, residing in Oregon but Tennessee by birth and raising. 24 years old, I just moved to Oregon for a job with GarageGames as a QA Analyst. In my free time I work on design docs, focusing primarily on a non-cinematic horror fps, and a goofy rts. The former has an engine in development and a small team, but is still beyond humble, despite the grandiose doc for it.

In my other free time, I am involved with the original Quake community, as a news guy for inside3d.com (which I am doing a terrible job of updating lately) and lurking various other Quake sites, and following projects based off of their engines.

Other stuff? I like music, namely extreme metal, ambiance, classical and romantic. I think a lot about politics (not parties or elections, but what individual rights mean and how they change in relationships), theology, nutrition and I always do my best to tie these all into game design. I am a nut about Halloween and anything of that mood.

I am sadly bereft of experience with games beyond the typical commercial venues, though I've been downloading a bunch of games from the news page, to try in some of that rare free time. Of the games that influenced me or have remained in my heart over the years, I would have to cite Doom/Doom2, Quake, Duke 3d, Blood, Heroes of Might and Magic 2/3, Diablo/2, and NetHack.

Here is what I look like when getting married:

Rifter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 08, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm David, also known as Rifter. I'm a 20 year old guy from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
My favorite game is probably Solar Winds (by Epic, painfully short).
I got into programming after trying to make a MOD for Half Life (Never actually finished the MOD, but got hooked with coding).
Nowadays I work as a junior software developer making really boring stuff with C++, and make games during my spare time (actually never finished any of those either).

My weapon of choice is SDL, and my goal in life is to finish a frakking game.

See you around
ChevyRay
« Reply #1217 on: October 09, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »

Hello there. I'm strong414bad, and even though I have a number in the middle of my name I happen to not be a completely unintelligent fool. I made Mario fangames for a little while over at MFGG but eventually decided that I could do better than making Mario seem "epic" and thus decided to make a completely original game.

Anyways, I use MMF2 for my assorted game-makings and I also make Youtube Poops (but the good kind that rape your ears, not the bad kind that use CD-i.)

There are no good kind of Youtube Poops.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 09, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »

I have to say that I quite like this one:

Strong
Level 1

Umm... okay.

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 09, 2008, 05:17:24 PM »

Well most of us poopers are probably certifiably insane so really anything that assaults your eyes and ears is good to us.
I have to say that I quite like this one:

Yep, that's the stuff right there.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic