Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412027 Posts in 69446 Topics- by 58483 Members - Latest Member: ZerusW

June 20, 2024, 03:25:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 2025927 times)
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1260 on: October 19, 2008, 05:09:33 PM »

Hey. I’m Shade. Shade Jackrabbit. At this point you’re all allowed to draw your swords, kunai, flaming potatoes and hadoukens. I’m prepared to counter-attack with my rapier.

Who am I? I’m a heavily opinionated upper-middleclass Canadian. I’m an artist, a writer, a singer (who has yet to sing), a director, an animator, a video editor, and a programmer. I have no clue what a c-clamp is though.

That’s really just a summary though. In reality, I look something like this:

So here comes the short autobiography. Back in the 90's, my grandfather bought me a game called Myst. I was rather young then, and it was the first game I can actually remember playing. And it was awesome.

Immediatly I was hooked. My senses tingled as I explored the island, discovering secrets and defeating dastardly puzzles. After that I began to play other games as well. Some more of my early favorites were Worms 2, Star Wars Pit Droids, and the godsend itself, Jazz Jackrabbit 2.

The inspiration of the latter of these is evident to this day, mostly seen in my internet persona, Shade Jackrabbit.

A few years passed, I don't really know what happened. Those memories are more of a blur and I do not really think of them often. At some point I started playing indie games, starting with Linux games and moving onto ones in windows as well. At some point I started drawing as well. Not well, sometimes horribly even, but I could draw.

At some point I also discovered the internet. And I discovered the JCF, where we talked about and shared levels for our favorite game involving rabbits and guns. Of course, I heavily reccomend nobody go there. It's not newbie-friendly at all. I learned that the hard way, and a cheerful persona I used back then left in a much more serious fashion.

At some point I learned about animation. A friend of mine runs a website where he valiantly tries to steal from the success of Homestar Runner. Together we worked on a few flash animations, but then I decided I had had enough and worked on more traditional work. I made a few sprite movies, none of which are online any more.

So enough with the past. Where am I now?

Well let's talk about each of those things I mentioned before. Briefly mind you, I don't want to take too much time. First off, traditional animation. I got a Nintendo DS a few years back and was unsatisfied by high prices for games. So I looked into homebrew. One of the programs in animanitee, where I put together movies such as this one:

Then I also do some writing, though my most impressive work isn't online. It may be in bookstores if I ever finish it though.

The only game I did wasn't that good and I don't really want to mention it.

None of the works I've directed are up on YouTube yet.

Video editing? Well I did an AMV...

And as for drawing? Well... my stuff's just awesome.

You can find out about all my rantings, new releases, and other crazy stuff on my blog at shadenexus.blogspot.com.

BONUS QUESTION: Can anybody pinpoint the exact point where I ran into a problem with the simultaneous development of my game as I was writing this?

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
godsavant
« Reply #1261 on: October 19, 2008, 05:24:40 PM »

Jazz Jackrabbit 2  Tears of Joy...I bought that game off a used electronics shelf and played it for three years straight, over and over, back when I ran Windows 95. Shareware was the shit.

Back when I had friends.
Eden
« Reply #1262 on: October 19, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »

I have played the violin for about ten years now and I absolutely love it.
I play violin too! What sort of stuff do you play?
Radial
« Reply #1263 on: October 19, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »

I have played the violin for about ten years now and I absolutely love it.
I play violin too! What sort of stuff do you play?
Grin I am currently playing in an orchestra (wow, Mozart 40 takes a good amount of work!) but I also have been taking private lessons and and skipping around in the Suzuki method

xgalaxy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 19, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »

Hello.

I guess the custom around here is to introduce yourself, so here I am. I'm just a nobody, trying to be a somebody.

I'm a programmer and like to pretend to be a writer on occasion.

I'm also apparently a man baby, but I don't want to be Sad
Edit: And now I no longer am :p
chris
Level 0

I like octopus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1265 on: October 20, 2008, 02:32:02 AM »

Allow myself to introduce...myself.
I've been visiting TIGsource for a good number of years.
I like sea creatures, smoked cheese, electronica and of course indie games.
I'm a bit of an illustrator/designer/whatever.
Gentlemen.
Gentleman
Likfisken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 20, 2008, 11:25:09 AM »

Howdy good people.

I am a silly teenager, and I like to make music.  Roll Eyes
To compose game soundtracks is a dream I have (hopefully on a professional level when I get old and stuff).
I did make a song for Daniel Remar's mind blowing platform shooter IJI.
The boss track that is.

Anyways I have kinda hard getting into new forums but I hope I'll enjoy this place good enough to stay for a while.

And for a little of my musicz: http://www.myspace.com/likfisken

http://www.myspace.com/mauritzon I wanna make music for your game. ;>
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1267 on: October 20, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »

Yes, Tom! Don't waste your manbaby post Grin

gregs
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 20, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »

Hello.

I am a 30-something ex-medical researcher, who had to do a lot of graphics programming as a part of his research. After several years of illness, I decided to come back to graphics programming by starting a little web design company with game programming tacked on, as it is something I'm quite good at, and as I'm still ill, it's something I can do when it's possible.

There are so few indie communities, it seemed like a good idea to join this one when I found out about it.
december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 20, 2008, 01:49:26 PM »

sup gregs?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ILikePie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 21, 2008, 12:27:02 AM »

Hi I am new.
 Cave Story Oh my god...
I am not sure how much I will attend these forums, but since this introduction thread seem to be mandatory, I present myself here.

I am mostly a programmer, but I can make some 3D game art. You know, modeling, rigging and stuff like that.
N
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 21, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »

Hello guys!
I'm a music addict and also a coder when I have free time.
My main project is a platform game that's being done from the ground up for a really long time because I'm a really busy person Gentleman. (Sometimes I make some other small silly games too.)
Never showed 'em in the intarwebs... who knows... maybe one day? Beer!
See ya guys!
Corvinex
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1272 on: October 21, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »

Hey everyone, im Oscar Gomez an indie programmer. I attend the University of Houston and im going for a Bachelors in Computer Science. Any Coogs out there contact me I would love to talk to a fellow indie game maker.

I started programming in middle school on a TI-83 plus, and thats when I found out I wanted to do this for a living.

I have been working on a 2D Platform RPG Shooter since around May 2008, I just recently started making head way since I found some people interested in helping me out on the game. I plan on entering it into the Student IGF Competition. I originaly started working on it to learn more aspects of game programming, but since I recieved good comments I plan on taking this as far as it will take me and now my team.

Virus Effect site

Here are some screen shots:

You can check out the game's history and other stuff here.
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:03:25 PM by Corvinex » Logged

My game's site - http://www.viruseffect.com/

"Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life."
Renton
« Reply #1273 on: October 21, 2008, 01:32:22 PM »

Welcome all new TIGers.
Likfisken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 21, 2008, 01:57:01 PM »

Welcome all new TIGers.

Thank you very much good sir.

http://www.myspace.com/mauritzon I wanna make music for your game. ;>
cyprien
« Reply #1275 on: October 21, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »

Hey guys and gals,

I've been reading the forums for a couple months now as I've been freeing up some spare time to start working on creating games and it wasn't until recently that I've actually joined.

I'm a graphic design intern(paid, yay!) by day and slowly working in some GameMaker learning by night.

This site has been a huge inspiration and help in getting started towards something I hope becomes a big deal eventually. Making  games.  Smiley
zamp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 22, 2008, 10:45:51 AM »

Hi

I'm a 22 yr old dude from Finland. I'm a composer, programmer and a graphics artist.
Here's my website http://fuck.just.undo.it

Cheers Beer!
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 22, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »

BRAAAAAAAAAAINS

detergent
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 22, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »

Howdy good people.

I am a silly teenager, and I like to make music.  Roll Eyes
To compose game soundtracks is a dream I have (hopefully on a professional level when I get old and stuff).
I did make a song for Daniel Remar's mind blowing platform shooter IJI.
The boss track that is.

Anyways I have kinda hard getting into new forums but I hope I'll enjoy this place good enough to stay for a while.

And for a little of my musicz: http://www.myspace.com/likfisken
Lawl, kristen rap  Gentleman
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1279 on: October 22, 2008, 11:27:28 PM »

Haha, that's funny  :D

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic