Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:30:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952425 times)
jarodrah
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: September 23, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »

My name is Adrian Wright, I am a long time video game industry professional who started out as a true "Garage" game developer.  I lead Max Gaming Technologies for almost a decade where I still advice and am helping them with design of a new product.

I was designer and producer on the 2005 IGF finalist Dark Horizons: Lore which allowed Max Gaming to grow as a indie studio, and they continue on today.

I currently work for a large media company producer AAA games, but I still lend my hand where needed in the indie scene.

http://www.maxgaming.net
http://www.playmech.com
lauris71
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5681 on: September 23, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Lauris Kaplinski - and I am one-man game development team with the same name.
I am molecular biologist by profession and programmer by hobby. I worked extensively in 2D vector graphics (Inkscape/Sodipodi original codebase is written mostly by me) until switched ot 3D land. Currently I am building medieval adventure/RPG "Shinya".

http://khayyam.kaplinski.com/
http://lauris.kaplinski.com/shinya

A screenshot of shinya techdemo.

I started programming in 80-s with pen and paper and fell in love with computer games when I got Commodore 128 few years later. From that time the most colorful memories have been "Ant Attack", "Warlords", "Quest for Glory" 1 & 4, "Doom 2", "Des Blood 4", "FF7" and some more. And my big motivation is to pass some of the original feeling of these games across generations...

An adventure game of teenage girl: http://lauris.kaplinski.com/shinya
Sughly
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5682 on: September 23, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »

Well, since I'm jumping in here to help promote my work, I should make some effort to get to know some of you guys and girls! My name's Dane Krams, I go by the development business name of 'Krams Design', making point and click adventures mostly but hoping to try some more experimental forms of interactive storytelling as I become more experienced.

So far I've finished and released 2 games - a freeware sci-fi called "Egress - The Test of STS-417", and more recently the first part of the "Anna's Quest" trilogy (below).

I've been a lurker for a while, but since I'm already knee deep in numerous forums I kind of avoided jumping in in fear of... kind of... drowning. Alas, I will make an effort from here on out! I hope you'll all forgive me for jumping in and promoting my game!
RizzoR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5683 on: September 24, 2012, 06:35:19 PM »

Hi  Gentleman,

My name is Ross and I'm part of small indie studio which was created for a game capstone university project -> yes, I study games at university  Smiley Cool huh?. We're set to release a puzzle platformer called Robot Misfits in a few weeks time - so stay tuned!

Studying games provides an insight into what works and what doesn't, as as great feedback and criticism techniques. Obviously, feedback and criticism is hugely important for an indie game , and I just so happen to enjoy critically analysing games  Cheesy

I'll gladly play and review your games as a fellow developer and hope to provide meaningful feedback.

Cheers
Ross

Daruman
Level 0

私は犬が大好きだよなぁぁ~

View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: September 27, 2012, 11:37:04 PM »

Hello, i am Jacob. Currently 17 and in my last year of high school in Australia. Next year i am going to Uni hopefully to do a degree in Music, if not Psychology or Journalism. I am a musician (obviously) and also an artist who is very interested in video games and the work that goes into them. I have been lurking this forum for years now and am finally ready to become a member and see if i can find anybody who is interested in using my music to make games with (all of it free). I joined this site mainly as a hobby interest and look forward to getting involved.

p.s
What are the standard settings for an avatar, like pixel wise. I couldn't seem to find any sort of guideline?

Kilig: noun. It is the sudden feeling of an inexplicable joy one gets when something romantic or idealistic occurs. I don\'t think there\'s an English word or phrase for it. even Butterfly Stomach doesn\'t do justice to \"kilig\".
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5685 on: September 28, 2012, 01:44:40 AM »

less than 128 by 128 i think, upload it from another source AKA use a URL of an existing internet image (upload backend disabled I think? so dont try to upload one)

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
GROM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5686 on: September 28, 2012, 02:26:15 AM »

Hi,

My name is Willem and I'm (obviously) here because I make games Smiley. Specifically, I'm working on the turn based strategy game Powargrid with my good friend Michiel. We have a playable alpha at www.powargrid.com. I'll post Powargrid in the feedback forum later today [EDIT: it's in there now Smiley], but here's a screenshot:

But since this is an 'introduce yourself' thread, here's some more about me:

Game design has always interested me, and I've been designing (mostly board) games on and off for as long as I can remember. Every now and then I hit upon a game idea that I think others may find cool, but, until recently, these projects never turned into something really serious. This probably has something to do with all the other things I want to spend my time on, such as:
- my family: I'm married, have a 1 year old boy and a second child underway Grin.
- my job: I'm an environmental scientist and work at an environmental protection agency
- gaming: duh Wink.
- ballroom dancing: ok, I don't do that anymore, but having danced in competitions for 12 years did push my game design aspirations to the background for a time.
- reading: just about anything that catches my attention, from Terry Pratchett to GEB to Hot, Flat and Crowded.
- and more: since I find way too many things interesting Smiley.

A little more than a year ago, Michiel (whom I'll annoy until he creates an account here too) and I started working on Powargrid, primarily as a proof of concept at first. But one thing lead to another, and since then we've become much more serious about creating (and finishing) Powargrid. About a month ago, we decided to put the first version up on a website to see if we could get other people to play the game and maybe give us some feedback. And we also decided that we had to start a game making studio, so we're now the proud founders of Wee Free Studio (www.weefreestudio.com). Since this all happened to coincide with the launch of Greenlight, we decided to put it up there as well (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95359349).

We quickly found that getting feedback (even critical feedback) was a great boost to our motivation, so we decided to look for more. And that's how I ended up here Smiley.

One last thing before I'm off. A couple of years ago, we joined in a competition to build an AI for OpenTTD (http://www.openttd.org/en/), together with our good friend Otto. We managed to win, and even got some critical acclaim on the interwebs ("A truly insidious AI" for instance Evil). Was one of the most fun things we ever did and you can read more about it here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=39756.

Well, I hope I've given you some insight into who I am Smiley. It'd be really cool if you could check out our game and leave a comment in the feedback thread.

-Willem-
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:42:12 PM by GROM » Logged

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
Daruman
Level 0

私は犬が大好きだよなぁぁ~

View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: September 28, 2012, 03:30:42 AM »

less than 128 by 128 i think, upload it from another source AKA use a URL of an existing internet image (upload backend disabled I think? so dont try to upload one)

Thank you.

Kilig: noun. It is the sudden feeling of an inexplicable joy one gets when something romantic or idealistic occurs. I don\'t think there\'s an English word or phrase for it. even Butterfly Stomach doesn\'t do justice to \"kilig\".
SeventhAgent
TIGBaby

What's this?

View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: September 28, 2012, 06:00:29 PM »

Hello there! I'm SeventhAgent--called Agent S7 on other forums, and even Secret7 one or two times.

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved telling stories. To me, that's what video games are: a new method of storytelling where the gamer and the designer(s) work together to create a story. Every victory, every punch, is stronger because of that interactivity...because of that connection with the avatar.

The first real video game I played was Star Wars: Dark Forces, and I loved it. The awful-looking beard I keep trying to grow is entirely the fault of the protagonist, Kyle Katarn, who grew his uber-beard in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (another game that I loved as a kid, and a much better one).

The first game that really influenced me, though, was Baldur's Gate. It was the first time I really saw writing at the forefront of a video game. The characters were so much fun, and the dialogue was better than anything I'd seen at the time. Most of all, I loved the exploration. There was always the feeling that you were discovering something new, and you made it your own by how you approached it.

I've only just started trying to get into the Indie Gaming scene, and this is the first community I've joined related to it. Fact is, despite my interest in games and game design, I barely know anything about it. I've got Unity, RPG Maker VX, the SDK, etc. All of that is meaningless without more understanding on how to USE them, not to mention good resources for learning how to code, animate, work on sound and all that jazz.

I was just chatting with one of my friends tonight (I believe he goes by AmanitaZest here) after watching

on getting into the game industry. On a whim, I asked him for the name of that one indie site he mentions every now and then...and here I am!  Smiley

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
claudiom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: September 29, 2012, 05:09:05 AM »

Hi all, I'm Claudio Musumeci.

I'm a 24 years old indie game developer. I recently left my professional job as a "standard" programmer to become a full-time indie game developer. I joined a little indie game company (Moonloop) and now we are working on a project that probably you've read about it in this forum: Dungeoncraft.

I have a strong experience in creating UI using .NET tecnologies and C#, but I've also worked on game development with Flash and XNA. At the moment I'm improving my C++ skills working on Dungeoncraft and I'm integrating the WPF C# editor with the C++ game engine.
I developed a 3D TileMap editor and implemented the algorithm used to generate procedural dungeons.

I’ve joined Microsoft Imagine Cup 2010 Game Design competition, winning the Italian first prize with the game

(sorry for the bad video resolution Sad ).

I'm not good in graphics and art but I'm able to use 3D modeling tools. For a University project I made this short film using Blender:

K1lo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5690 on: September 30, 2012, 06:59:14 AM »

Hello one and all! I probably should have started here but I hope you'll forgive me for not seeing Derek's post about forum etiquette ;-)

My name is Konrad, I've been writing code and working on little projects for many years. The first 'game' I made was right back on my first computer which was an Amstrad CPC464. I was quite young at the time but I got impatient waiting minutes for games to load from tape so I started learning BASIC. After university I worked for a few years at a large software company writing server based applications which was great fun for a while, but despite learning a lot the desire to branch out and do something a bit different was strong. I've literally (in the last few weeks) started my indie career and I am currently having a lot of fun working on a game called Isomer (obligatory devlog link).

So hello everyone, I only started hanging out here a couple of days ago but already it seems like a great community  Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right

digijin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: September 30, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »

hi all,

I'm James, I've been making games for a while, best one is probably Kill Kar 2.

I've always kinda done it as a hobby, but these days I'm trying to turn it into a full time job. I've got a lot of experience in flash, but now I'm moving into Unity.

That's a pretty short description but I can't think of much to say, hopefully you'll see me hanging around the feedback forums.
Richy19
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: October 01, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »

Hey guys,
The name's Richy, develop on/for PC but nothing to show at the moment
I have lurked here for a while but decided to take the plunge and get involved.
Hope I fit in here Smiley
Niels Bohr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: October 01, 2012, 02:45:54 PM »

Hey there my name is David Meade I sometimes go by "Dman757" I've been involved in HL2/Source Modding for a while now but just started my venture into the indie scene with some friends from the modding scene on a project titled "Contagion."

How did I get here?
The first project I ever joined and probably most popular right now is a HalfLife 2 Mod called No More Room in Hell. We were recently among the first batch of Greenlit games on Steam. My main job title is Public Relations but I also help out here and there with Story, 2D VFX/Textures, Programming really whatever I can/have time for.

More recently I joined a small Indie studio called Monochrome games to work a game called Contagion. It's a FPS Co-op zombie survival game. We're still in alpha but we do have this video to show. Also a few screenshots on our website.

That's all cool but what do you do do?
Other than working I currently go to school at Portland State studying computer science. I don't have too much free time but when I do I like to make animated gifs of random things, talk on twitter about games and anime @David_Meade or just play games.

This is me:
MurderPD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: October 01, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »

Hi
I'm Chris.  I mainly write business software.  I started writing a game, not sure why, I guess because I never made one before and it's been kind of fun.  I thought I might post it here.
Gregg Williams
Level 10

Retromite code daemon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5695 on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:32 AM »

Greetings, names Gregg. I co-founded a little retro focused game studio known as Retromite awhile back. I'm the coding head of that joint, with my partner pushing out the awesome pixels.

Finally thought I'd register an individual account here, and perhaps also play with a dev log, given we're starting up on a new PC/Mac game that is likely to take a good year of development or so.

spicy gyro games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5696 on: October 03, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »

Hello, I am the one man team called Spicy Gyro Games. I have released one iphone app so far, Clash Force (here), and my new game, Polyroll, should be coming out tomorrow. I am planning to post on this forum during development of my next project, Triceraboy.

pbaker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5697 on: October 03, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »

Hi,

I'm Paul, Technical Director at a small indie, Three Phase Interactive. We're based in Melbourne Australia and consist of an artist, an animator and a programmer. I'm into cars/bikes and games and I've recently been able to combine those two passions in our current project, Stunt Star: The Hollywood Years.
I love the unique gameplay indie games offer and hope to contribute over the next few years  Smiley

Paul

Technical Director, Three Phase Interactive
Carnefrisca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5698 on: October 04, 2012, 05:23:09 AM »

Hi,

I'm Giovanni, Software Engineer for a IT company and indie developer/programmer during the night.
Currently I've developed with two other guys (Giuseppe "Misbug" and Piero "Wanderlust") a videogame called "No, Birdie, No!" for the Edge Create Challenge (http://www.edge-online.com/features/edge-create-challenge-2012-best-rest/).

This is a screenshot:

Soon it will be available on Kongregate, and I hope for tablet, too.
A playable "preview" can be reached at the url http://goo.gl/wgoso

I've another pixelart-action-adventure under development, but it's too soon to talk about this videogame.

Cheers,
Giovanni
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:58:51 AM by Carnefrisca » Logged

I don't use Unity3D not for principle, but for a moral duty.
Coopaloops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5699 on: October 05, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »

Hey everyone, my name is Cooper and this is my first post here at TIGSource! I've been visiting the site for about four years now, and it has been a constant source of inspiration for me! I am constantly amazed at what the community here can do, and the heart and soul that goes into so many of the projects. I'm eager to get into indie development myself, and have tooled around with some side projects over the years...nothing big to show though haha. I love art and design and do a little bit of programming/scripting/prototyping as well. Nothing super hardcore though. Favorite game of all time is Super Metroid (best clear time is 1:38, 100%), and I am a huuuuge Nintendo fanboy. Super Nintendo was my golden era. Also can't wait for the Wii U! Haha...in any case, very nice to meet you all, and am looking forward to being more active in this community in the future. Cheers!

Congraturation this story is happy end. Thank you.

Sword Legends
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic