Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:07:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAxe, Bow and Staff [Side-scroller Running RPG] (GREENLIT)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Axe, Bow and Staff [Side-scroller Running RPG] (GREENLIT)  (Read 12352 times)
clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »

Hey there! Here's my Let's Play of the updated demo that I was graciously given! :D

The main focus of this episode is the redone boss fight, as well as the skill trees and the newly added Shop!

Written below is specifically for the developer: There are some grammatical errors/issues that I would like to take a moment to discuss (I have adjusted them below).  In my video I also mentioned some suggestions about character mannerisms and skill/item naming.

Characters

Poison Arrow
Your arrows apply a poison effect to the target, damaging them over time.

Piercing Shoot
A powerful shot that can pierce through all targets.

Enhanced Piercing Shot
Reduces the cool-down of Piercing Shot by xx%.

Frost Arrow
Reduces the target's movement speed by xx%.

Enhanced Dispel
After being dispelled of a negative effect, heroes are immune to them for 2 seconds.

Rain of Arrows (Rename it "Barrage" perhaps?)
Simultaneously shoot one arrow in each lane.

SHOP

Crystal Mint Leaf
Resist to all negative effects for 5 seconds.

Watch Me 3000
Slow down time when hovering over the equipped hero.

Thanks man! Gonna fix the texts soon  Toast Left

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2015, 02:45:03 PM »

Time for Level 6! Just realized that if any stalagmites happen to fall on the heads of my characters in this video, it was all in the name of science!

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »

Time for Level 6! Just realized that if any stalagmites happen to fall on the heads of my characters in this video, it was all in the name of science!

Yeah you know, the giant rat boss was the stabilizer of the cave, but since you killed it, bad things happened...

It seems you are good with the difficulty of this level Smiley The basis of most levels is you can beat them with only one hero, but you should lose 1 star of rating. So give it back before I fix the rating algorithm! Mock Anger

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »

Yeah you know, the giant rat boss was the stabilizer of the cave, but since you killed it, bad things happened...

It seems you are good with the difficulty of this level Smiley The basis of most levels is you can beat them with only one hero, but you should lose 1 star of rating. So give it back before I fix the rating algorithm! Mock Anger

Nope! The stars are forever mine! I was a good kid; I deserve a gold star! Tongue

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 01:21:45 PM »

Oh man, I guess I'm heading into the mountains/mines/my-own-death this time?! Those traps and bombs though...

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »

The bridges this time around were an interesting new gameplay mechanic. I was wondering when the "locked lanes" mechanic was going to make its appearance again.

Also, I'm curious: Do bombs have weight? Like, are moving bombs able to open up switches and such? I can't tell if that is what happened in my playthrough lol.

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »

The bridges this time around were an interesting new gameplay mechanic. I was wondering when the "locked lanes" mechanic was going to make its appearance again.

Also, I'm curious: Do bombs have weight? Like, are moving bombs able to open up switches and such? I can't tell if that is what happened in my playthrough lol.

1. You could upgrade the weapon before Level 3-1, and that will make the combats much easier!
2. The reason that the attack sometimes doesn't work after moving a hero with mouse is the cursor's still on the hero, so you have to move it off.
3. Almost everything has weight, so switch on the power of the Staff, don't waste it!
4. At the end of the level, the bombs were shown underneath the bridges, that was why you can't see them. It's fixed now Smiley
5. That slowdown voice you did on the bridge is GENIUS Cheesy

NinthPower
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2015, 08:27:03 PM »

This looks pretty cool Smiley Very cool mechanic.  Gomez

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 09:50:14 PM »

1. You could upgrade the weapon before Level 3-1, and that will make the combats much easier!
2. The reason that the attack sometimes doesn't work after moving a hero with mouse is the cursor's still on the hero, so you have to move it off.
3. Almost everything has weight, so switch on the power of the Staff, don't waste it!
4. At the end of the level, the bombs were shown underneath the bridges, that was why you can't see them. It's fixed now Smiley
5. That slowdown voice you did on the bridge is GENIUS Cheesy

I can't upgrade my weapons because I can't leave the item shop Sad(((

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 06:44:39 AM »

I can't upgrade my weapons because I can't leave the item shop Sad(((

Sorry... it's fixed and live now! With tons of improvement. Most importantly, all the dialogues had been rewritten! Hope you find more fun in the new version  Beer!

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2015, 12:06:08 PM »

Hey, all! I'm back!  I'm so incredibly excited for this update (0.5.0).  I just got done playing and the things it added/fixed really added to the Quality of Life of the game.

Here's the link to the video:

As far as my thoughts on what was added:

Story/Dialogue
I'm very happy with the direction the dialogue is taking. It seems much more polished and "dynamic" now. I think the quirky humor that is added now adds a certain level of depth to the game.  It meshes well with the games "feel".

Item Shop/Skill Upgrades
I'm so glad I can finally use these properly! Bought myself a ring to increase my health by 1 point, bought a new axe for the dwarf... and (not feature in this video) I upgraded my dwarf so that when he blocks, it blocks on all 3 lanes!

Cursor Auto-Follow Option
Being able to turn this off has really made this game much more fluid and enjoyable for me.

Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »

This game is progressing very nicely. The latest video ^ looks really polished! (Minus the train bug, haha, but hey, it's still in development. Smiley )
clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2015, 10:46:23 PM »

Update #20

We are developing a brand-new gameflow based on the feedback:

The first interface is hero selection, and the second one is the world map.

It seems that not every player is apt to "multitask". That is to say, they get nervous even before controlling three heroes at the same time... So I added a "single hero" mode as the default mode. But there's an option in the hero selection menu to toggle the "old" mode.

After selected a hero to play with, the other two heroes will be controlled by A.I. They are not very smart but have no problem with getting over most of the obstacles. The gameplay should be much easier that before, so I'm thinking to add more speed/enemies to make it feel less boring.

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2015, 02:15:26 PM »

Update #20

We are developing a brand-new gameflow based on the feedback:

The first interface is hero selection, and the second one is the world map.

It seems that not every player is apt to "multitask". That is to say, they get nervous even before controlling three heroes at the same time... So I added a "single hero" mode as the default mode. But there's an option in the hero selection menu to toggle the "old" mode.

After selected a hero to play with, the other two heroes will be controlled by A.I. They are not very smart but have no problem with getting over most of the obstacles. The gameplay should be much easier that before, so I'm thinking to add more speed/enemies to make it feel less boring.

Interesting. I like being thrown into crazy situations so I didn't mind controlling all 3, but it'd be nice for people who don't like it!

Also, I like that there's a world map now instead of just blindly going to the next stage.

m3xican
Level 1

si vis pacem para bellum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2015, 04:18:03 PM »

Cool and original concept, but I find quite frustrating the fact that you can't change lane when the mouse cursors is not on it.

Anyway, for now I only played the first level and a bit of the second, so this is just a first impression. I'll update my feedback after playing more.

Davide "m3xican" Coppola - Vindicta Games

Sim Betting Football, the only football betting simulation game
koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »

Cool and original concept, but I find quite frustrating the fact that you can't change lane when the mouse cursors is not on it.

Anyway, for now I only played the first level and a bit of the second, so this is just a first impression. I'll update my feedback after playing more.

I believe the reasoning for this is when you are controlling three characters simultaneously and they are all in different lanes, how would you convey to the game who you want to move (and to where)? 

clewcat
Level 0

clewcat on the fly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2015, 12:28:19 AM »

Exactly!

Bo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2015, 02:01:56 AM »

Thank a lot Koketsu for the videos!

Bo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2015, 04:59:15 AM »

I post today some early pics of the future levels, this is wip:

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:43:37 AM by Bo » Logged

koutetsusteel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2015, 01:09:08 PM »

Oh, cool! I like the depth that the foreground objects give the levels.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic