Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411803 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 11:56:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Lyle [DONE]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Lyle [DONE]  (Read 58919 times)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »

How would that work exactly? Like he just summons it and then throws it?

Maybe he could summon it in the air in front of him, and it drops down on people, imitating the game over screen? Shrug

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:45 PM »

I like how the Orange cube works. It just has a few little issues to clean up (its mask is too small, for example).

Btw, what about a kick attack, or something like that?
I think that would be good for his A attack, since right now his A and >A are somewhat redundant.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2009, 11:24:01 PM »

I imagined he would summon it and then smash it in front of him, making it a slow, powerful melee move with ok range. You should at least have pressing vS again do this instead of nothing. You could make vS do this for all items, he just smashes anyone in front of him with the object, doing more damage than normal.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »

Since his A and >A were a bit redundant, I'm replacing A with a Kick, which fits Lyle's background.

I can't believe I overlooked this before, but Lyle still needs a move tied to vA(ground). Reading through these threads again, the best suggestion I've seen is a punch based off of those angry purple enemies. But there might be better options. So... suggestions!  Beer!

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2009, 05:32:39 AM »

Since his A and >A were a bit redundant, I'm replacing A with a Kick, which fits Lyle's background.

I can't believe I overlooked this before, but Lyle still needs a move tied to vA(ground). Reading through these threads again, the best suggestion I've seen is a punch based off of those angry purple enemies. But there might be better options. So... suggestions!  Beer!

A kick attack for sure, in the game you only use Lyle's kick twice tops. What about a special attack where Lyle summons his kitty to run around and damage the opponent?

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2009, 06:21:01 AM »

a different strength shadow cube?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2009, 07:37:46 AM »

What I did was make his A a quick punch, and his vA a low, sliding kick.

shig
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2009, 08:39:15 AM »

...Sliding?
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2009, 10:19:46 AM »

To differentiate it from the punch.

shig
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2009, 10:06:56 AM »

Erm... I don't know.

I think we can find other ways to differentiate one from another without changing it so much from the original content. For starters -based on what I saw in the game - the punch is supposed to have bigger ending/starting lag, bounce off projectiles and have huge priority. I imagined it would be something really defensive and it would recquire predicting your target's movements.
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2009, 07:23:39 AM »

I don't know. You have the perfect setup already with Lyle's kitty IMO. Either summon it or maybe have him show up and use that "Kitty-Powered Psychowave" machine the big boss at the end uses to make Lyle a monstrous bad-ass the likes of the big boss's 2nd form.

And when he's in giant mode you'd also have another heavy fighter you're talking about needing in another thread for hit priorities and etc.  Beer!

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2009, 08:14:54 AM »

No transformative attacks. They require far too many animations for what they're worth.

Throwing a kitty is not true to the source material, and would not be appropriate for a standard attack anyway.

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 25, 2009, 06:24:21 AM »

Character portrait time!

Feel free to edit!

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 25, 2009, 06:44:22 AM »

I saw that and laughed.  That's very creative and that expression on his face it priceless.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2009, 06:53:14 AM »

Glad you like it - the expression actually isn't a creative liberty, but taken from the credits screen, so I can't really take credit for it. Wink

Clemens Scott
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2009, 07:41:44 AM »

Character portrait time!

Feel free to edit!

This is an awesome lookin pic. I like how hes holding the block

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2009, 08:33:49 AM »

i love that expression its great :D i just wanna fix up the hand+box very slightly.

i was a bit unsure of the stylized hand, but to be honest i think either is good. also de-3d'd the cube, it looked kinda awkward.
any better?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 08:46:42 AM by JMickle » Logged

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: December 25, 2009, 09:50:36 AM »

Looks good to me!  Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley

Clemens Scott
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 25, 2009, 01:20:27 PM »

yay  Grin

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2009, 03:34:47 PM »

That's Lyle, all right. Definitely captured his style.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Tiger

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic