Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412011 Posts in 69462 Topics- by 58494 Members - Latest Member: aeterponis

July 05, 2024, 03:29:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)3D thread
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 191
Print
Author Topic: 3D thread  (Read 945267 times)
Ashkin
« Reply #1620 on: June 26, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »

It means that it is TIME.
FOR.
TEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1621 on: June 26, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »

@Jackson31 - That's really well-modeled and textured. Nice job.
@Hawt Koffee - That's some great modeling and colors!

Hawt Koffee
Level 1

That's a wild fire.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1622 on: June 26, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »

It'll be over here:

cool images

(Damn, those are blurry)

Those are great, I really dig!

I made this to be a replacement for the courier in DoTA 2

I think it will probably get rejected by Valve, but I had fun making it
You made that?
I love everything about the model but uploading it to the workshop was probably the worst move you could have made, not just for licensing alone but it's just going to stir up controversy.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 26, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »

It'll be over here:

cool images

(Damn, those are blurry)

You made that?
I love everything about the model but uploading it to the workshop was probably the worst move you could have made, not just for licensing alone but it's just going to stir up controversy.

And controversy here.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1624 on: June 27, 2012, 01:39:33 AM »

It'll be over here:
cool images
(Damn, those are blurry)

You made that?

Wow, when I uploaded this I honestly thought it would be no big deal, thought it would just get ignored like everything, I'm still in disbelief about the amount of emotion people have for and against ponies

Ashkin
« Reply #1625 on: June 27, 2012, 01:47:15 AM »

Whoa WTF
Nix
« Reply #1626 on: June 27, 2012, 04:04:30 AM »

This isn't anything special, but it's exciting for me because I was able to make it in less than half an hour in Silo basically as my first real attempt at learning a 3D modeling tool. Silo is so awesome. I've been completely daunted by the UIs of every other 3D package I've looked at, but Silo is super intuitive.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1627 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:47 AM »

Cool. Silo seems pretty powerful. I'm a fan of Blender since it's free and cross-platform, but if you work better in Silo, then you probably should choose that.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1628 on: June 28, 2012, 01:20:03 AM »

Some spare time work on that island thing. Only 4 types of plant inthusfar (grass, leafy misc, banana palm and coconut palm) but for less than 8 hours combined work including shader dicking about and terrain blockout time, I'm happy enough with it. We'll see what comes of it in the next few months.

Water is placeholder, sky is default, some other textures are wip.

Shot's kinda dark because I haven't gone fullbrite with the shaders yet - I'm not sure if I should light everything or not, since I wont have access to shadows (no unity pro, not that invested in it yet) it'd really have the same effect as painted in lighting and would involve more hacking around with normals.

Reckon I can pull off this aesthetic with some more leafy plants, ground cover, lovable mudcrabs and lots of pewpew? It's likely gonna end up being more of an exercise in environment building than a game (KAG work...) but it's refreshing just building assets and putting them down.

Need to code an editor script to place and align a gameobject with terrain height and normal, as well as a few randomisers.
Anyone got any good links for building editors in unity? The stock docs are kinda shit wrt editors.

Halcyon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: June 28, 2012, 04:30:07 AM »

Awesome work as usual Geti, you have a great style.

I was reading through the low poly thread on Polycount and sort of got inspired to actually try and accomplish something of my own. So I had already modeled (During a previous moment of inspiration) a low poly car, which I though was pretty decent, but it was sorely in need of texturing which is definitely one of my weak points. Anyway I spent way too much time on this and it still isn't perfect but I am happily done with it.

And yes it has no side mirrors, I am a lazy person unfortunately.  Tongue
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1630 on: June 28, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

Looking good, but what am I looking at spec wise?

Wires look fairly clean, there are some places where I'd manually triangulate (such as on the corner of the bonnet/hood depending on where you're based) to avoid importing putting kinks in, and the lack of side mirror is INEXCUSABLE assuming you have at least 8x8 pixels left on your texture map and like 20 tris left in your poly budget Wink

Glad you like the shot - looks super dark in the white surrounds of TIGS though now that I look at it again!

Halcyon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »

Thanks for the feedback  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley.

If you are talking about the area I think you are (Rear lights/quarter), it is probably a bit brighter and burnt out then I initially thought after seeing it now with fresh eyes. Also that was the last part of the texture and was very rushed as I was pressed for time and eager to get a (semi)final result.

When I have some time I will go and work on it a little more, also I will clean up and finish my texture map a bit better as it is quite bad; I may even add some side mirrors after all.  Grin

Incase anyone is wondering it comes in at 272 poly's/464 tri's (The bottom isn't fully enclosed though) and uses a 512x512 texture map, which is probably too big.  Wink
Colon Semicolon
Level 2

GREAT WARLORD ATLUS SAN

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: June 28, 2012, 10:56:36 PM »

DINGLING DONGLE DORKS AGAIN ARE WE?
Halcyon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: June 29, 2012, 04:53:01 AM »

Ok, I spent some time finishing this, I even did the mirrors (which adds so much to it surprisingly).

Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1634 on: June 29, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »

Animation! (Still need to clean up a few things if you look frame-by-frame, though...)

DanFessler
Pixelhead
Level 3

aka Indigo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1635 on: June 29, 2012, 01:23:37 PM »

Those are quite the boobs. I'd prefer a bit smaller, but that's neither here nor there.  What I would suggest doing is loosen the shirt up a bit.  Her shirt is currently shrunk-wrapped to here breasts - tucking underneath them.  Shirts don't do that!

retrohelix
Level 1

Hip hop array

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1636 on: June 29, 2012, 02:10:46 PM »

dem BREAST COMPARTMENTS
Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1637 on: June 29, 2012, 03:36:14 PM »

Yeah, boobs don't quite work like that. Maybe you need to take a closer look at something before you model it! Tongue The sweater texture is really good, though.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1638 on: June 29, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »

Animation! (Still need to clean up a few things if you look frame-by-frame, though...)
Looks aight, would probably be good to have it at in-game perspective. Looks a little bit static of body at the moment, swinging such a large sword should really shift his balance more unless it's constructed of Styrofoam Wink

Ok, I spent some time finishing this, I even did the mirrors (which adds so much to it surprisingly).
Looking good, yeah the mirrors do add a lot Smiley
I'd say a 512 map is pretty large for such a low poly model, but I'm sure others would disagree.
One thing you should think about revising is your texturing process. You mentioned that you only "did" the back part of the car right at the end - I'd suggest blocking everything out from the start and trying to keep it at a similar level of detail. That way you get a good idea of the colours and details at a macroscopic level from the start before marching around adding details.

Having the bottom of the car unenclosed is pretty much standard for low spec 3d stuff if the car is never viewed from that side.

tl;dr: Consider using a smaller map if you can and block everything out in your texture first.

Obviously I'd call this one "done" and move on though Wink

Azure Lazuline
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1639 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:27 PM »

Looks aight, would probably be good to have it at in-game perspective. Looks a little bit static of body at the moment, swinging such a large sword should really shift his balance more unless it's constructed of Styrofoam Wink
That is the in-game perspective, since it's a side-scrolling game. The only difference in-game is that it would be smaller, the swing would have some particle effects on it, and there would be big flashes/explosions if one of the swings hits you. Being a super-robot holding a magical sword, weight wouldn't be too much of an issue (notice the reinforced shoulder joint to help support the weight), but I agree that it would probably make it seem more powerful if there was more hesitation and follow-through.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 191
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic