Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411999 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58490 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 03, 2024, 01:58:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioRecommend a program for making quick recordings?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recommend a program for making quick recordings?  (Read 544 times)
Díoltas
Level 0

https://soundcloud.com/dioltasmusic

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2015, 08:06:25 PM »

Wondering can anyone recommend any pieces of software that's lightweight and simple to use and set up for recording ideas and such. I find Cubase rather cumbersome to load up when I just want to get ideas down asap when I have them in my head and would like something that I can load up and record within seconds if possible. Looking for something for both MIDI and recording in some guitar stuff. Anyone use anything for "jotting down ideas" like this?

Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »

I would suggest that you stay with Cubase and just create a session template that contains all the things that you would need to record ideas so that you just load this session and are ready to go. I have one such template for each DAW I'm using (Reaper, Ableton Live, Renoise). In the end you probably want to refine your quick recordings in Cubase so there's probably no point in recording them in another tool?

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »

I'm using NanoStudio for getting ideas down or even full songs. Audacity comes in handy as well.

Díoltas
Level 0

https://soundcloud.com/dioltasmusic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:04:20 PM »

I'm using NanoStudio for getting ideas down or even full songs. Audacity comes in handy as well.

Audacity looks perfect (had heard the name before but never got around to checking it out thanks). Going to try Nanostudio too looks interesting thanks!

@Michael I find the problem when I start recording stuff in Cubase, even if it's only ideas, is that I invariably end up playing with too much other stuff and lose track of what I was doing. need something with no frills to just get the ideas down without too much messing about.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 04:10:29 PM by Díoltas » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic