Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:53:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLoot & Run
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Loot & Run  (Read 5396 times)
Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 11:27:14 PM »

That flying fish anim looks (and all the others) look ridiculously smooth. What tools are you using if I my ask?

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

GIRakaCHEEZER
Level 0

Shining Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 11:35:41 PM »

These are some nice pixels, it'll be interesting to see them in motion/in the game.

Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 07:49:44 AM »

For this game I started working with Graphics Gale but more recently I discovered Aseprite and I been polishing all animations there.
I'll release some in-game screenshots soon... I think (since I'm almost done with this stage of development).
Thanks!

Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 08:58:06 AM »

For this game I started working with Graphics Gale but more recently I discovered Aseprite and I been polishing all animations there.

Incredible! Got Asprite as well a while back. It's quite nice, but it doesn't help me suck less at pixelart Roll Eyes.

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

Bakuda
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 09:37:53 AM »

I love all the animations!  Great work!  Look like a fun little game.

Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »

Spring animation(this will look a lot better with sound fx and the character jumping on it)

Dragon animation process
1. Original design.
2. Basic shapes animation.
3. Added character details.
4. Color.
5. Shadows.
6. Polish.

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »

Nice art and cool idea! Nice intro track too - I think the sound/art match up very well Smiley

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »

Thanks

Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:45 AM »

I have been more busy with coding, that's why I haven't been able to update more often, but here is a screenshot of the actual gameplay.

TheArtistJiii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2016, 07:41:19 AM »

Its sort of refreshing seeing somebody give a great deal of effort towards their animation.Are you a solo developer? Do you have a background in animation? Also how long did each animation take?

"I'm Jiii" -Jiii
Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2016, 12:18:46 PM »

Hi, yeah, It's just me at the moment.
I don't really have much of a background on animation but I really wanted to focus on it for this game and I had a lot of fun.
I worked on different animations at the same time so it's hard to say, but I think now I could do one a week or less if it's simpler like the spring.

Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 10:50:05 AM »

Hi, I'm getting close to finished this, so over the next few posts I'll be able to give more detailed information about the game.

1st Comic Intro

This is really simple, and just introduces the first level.

Pre-level screen

As you can see from the bottom message, there is some limitations on where you can play the game. Next post I'll go into more detail about this.

Game frame

This isn't necessarily a mobile game but the frame is necessary to be able to play.

I already mentioned there is a twist for Loot & Run, for now I'll just say this is more like an experiment than an actual game, but it can still be enjoyed somehow. More information soon.

miguli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 11:09:19 AM »

So it will be a youtube video?
Pressing annotation jumps you to different part of video and so on?
wuuthrer
Level 0

I draw stuff, I make games, I like it dirty

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 11:08:14 PM »

I already mentioned there is a twist for Loot & Run, for now I'll just say this is more like an experiment than an actual game, but it can still be enjoyed somehow. More information soon.

You grabbed my interest with your lovely fine tuned crafted graphics, but now you got my full attention. I really want to know where you're going with this.

- Don't Kill Her -
  No choice is given, but the rest belongs to us.
Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 11:11:11 AM »

That's right, as some people have already guessed it, the game is inside a youtube video, the game skips to a different part of the video using the annotations as buttons, here is how it works:

Sorry for the choppy gif, and as you can see, unfortunately you would have to wait for some parts of the video to load.

As an interesing note, the first level it's about a 3 hours video containing over 15000 annotations:

It should be released soon, I just have to tweak a couple of details, I hope the next update is the released game link.
And thank you everybody following the development of this game/experiment.

Ninety
Level 1

turnip boy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 09:14:34 PM »

Damn. Really interesting and innovative idea. I don't know if it'll necessarily enhance the gameplay itself, but it's certainly a twist.

Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »

You can now play “Loot & Run”, just keep in mind, due to the huge ammount of annotations (around 15000) and some technical issues the game can feel kind of buggy, and this can vary alot depending on the browser(I had the more issues with firefox), but if you are curious I already proved it can be completed.
So here is the link:
https://goo.gl/WXxlkW
And here is how I beated:
https://goo.gl/Bgj0mk

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic