Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:13:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFae Tactics RELEASE July 31st!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Fae Tactics RELEASE July 31st!  (Read 23341 times)
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2016, 05:50:12 AM »

Thanks gimblll!
amanfr01 - we've thought of FAEtality. Just need Vandal Hearts levels of blood!!!

Just a quick update because I think it's cool.

Kyron is the pixel man and tile master. I don't have much experience with it and he's very quick. He can make them from the top of his head but since he's programming it's a lot of work already. So I've been making the concepts for isometric tiles.

This isn't a concept for a particular room in the game. It's just an illustration that brainstorms doodads for an interior themed tile set.

Here's the color up. Making tile concepts is one of my favorite things to do!

Here's a look at the editor. All the parts were translated (except the rug  Concerned) so, I remade the room in the new tileset!

All those parts will be used to make stages/locations as you might have figured.

Hope that was entertainin'! Back to work for me.

If the art style of Super Mario RPG, Golden Sun, and Bravely Default had a child, this would be it. Forgive me if that mix doesn't make sense, but I can't stop correlating them! This has a very distinct style to it. Although the concept/illustration might just be an experiment or a test, it's a solid success.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2016, 11:06:21 AM »

That update looks so sexy! <'3 I'm even more super excited now.

-snip-

If the art style of Super Mario RPG, Golden Sun, and Bravely Default had a child, this would be it. Forgive me if that mix doesn't make sense, but I can't stop correlating them! This has a very distinct style to it. Although the concept/illustration might just be an experiment or a test, it's a solid success.

Hey, can you remove the images from that quote? It's really not helpful.

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2016, 01:09:30 PM »

Its on a new page, its very helpful for people that missed the last page

Smiley  Hand Thumbs Up Left  Hand Metal Right

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2016, 02:11:15 PM »

Hey thanks everyone!
Amanfr01 - That's one crazy combo. I have Bravely Default but I have to get around to it. So many games I want to play ... sigh! Now I just got more in the mail... 0-0 Uncharted 4 but still having fun with streetfighter

Anyway, I am currently working on some face portrait drawings. But before I share that... In my last post I showed my tile set design drawing for a particular area. Here's the rest of the work I've done for other areas. DUMP!

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2016, 09:21:50 PM »

That is some seriously stunning artwork!

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2016, 02:39:02 PM »

Seriously though - it all looks so....delicious! It took me quite a while to find the right word here, and I'm sticking with that one. The art is very compelling Smiley

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
fingerman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2016, 03:06:37 PM »

The conversion from concept art to actual chipset is super!
Conker
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »

w-o-w
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2016, 11:17:38 AM »

Sorry for so many references, hahahah! You'll have to play Bravely Default and check out the art style.

This time around, I'm seeing some awesome Miyazaki-esque material. I think at this point, I've gone beyond the reference point; this game has its own artistic direction, which is incredible to come by these days. Truly unique progress, you two!

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2016, 04:17:07 PM »

Impressive drawings, they all feel so... cozy. I love it.
I'm just wondering why they're so small? Is it for the concepts only?
Tyrus Peace
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2016, 05:25:08 PM »

Very, very impressive! I really like the pixel art style and art design so far!

I really enjoyed Valdis Story and thought it was a beautiful looking game, but it's a lot easier for pixel art to look sharp and clean when upscaled than higher res 2D art. Thanks for sharing your workflow; it's cool to see a well designed art style and process Smiley.

Inspiring and exciting work; I'll definitely be watchin'!

mankoon
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 09:51:16 PM »

Hi guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the last posts!
@EddCoast: What do you mean by small? Like why is it a small portion of a concept? I'd like to answer your question, so let me know what you mean! I probably have an answer. Anyway glad you like the work.
@Tyrus Peace- Cool beans! You played Valdis Story!~ I agree, it's also less stressful and less time consuming to create a game lower res. Our process for Valdis Story sprites was very involved because of it's large scale. We went through a 3d pipeline and then brought our animations frames into photoshop for painting over. It was a fun challenge to do larger sprites but since we are exhausted by it, we're happy to go low res. Here's a fun fact, that game could have been a pixel art game. Here's an early work in progress screen mock up of Valdis Story:AC. https://i.imgur.com/6ipZMWv.jpg

So,It's been a long time since I posted anything here. I'm sure everyone goes through a faze of tunnel vision where they just want to focus on their work and not tell anyone about it  Waaagh! Anyway, you might know this already but its still big news!

We're extremely happy to tell you that Sam English is Fae Tactic's composer!  I'm kind of late in updating this thread about that- Mah bad! Sam's music is just Epileptic to my ears. It's a perfect match for what we envisioned FaeTactics to sound like.

Have a listen to the first track Hand Metal Right!!

https://soundcloud.com/sam-english-composer/fae-tactics-wasteland-battle

I'd like to thank everyone who sent us their portfolios. I enjoyed listening to everyone's stuff. Sorry I couldn't get back to everyone. I will get back to you soon, I had an email issue to deal with. I really appreciated the interest in our project, so again thanks everyone who contacted me. We are still on the look out for a sound FX designer.

Here's some new animated gifs of gameplay. 

I haven't really gone into talking about actual gameplay but at the start of matches, you can choose which units(summons, talismans) you will use in battle. Below is a rough look at this screen. Here, Aquatoise is being selected. He's a tanky healer type of unit.

Aquatoise doing his unique passive ability .

I wanted to gif some of his other abilities but my gif program wasn't having it, so that's all for now.

Thanks for stopping by! Coffee

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:57:53 PM by mankoon » Logged

Joh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »

Well, this looks really good!
all  monsters (fae?) look very lively with their animation and even Gui is animated and overkill! (why are the cards flipping!)
lots of info on the summon too, seems like it might be deep in terms of strategy.
looks interesting and fun! pretty cool track too!

keep it up!

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2016, 03:05:54 AM »

Congratulations to Sam! The first track is perfect. I'm so happy that you found the perfect match. His soundtrack is sure to help your game shine :D

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Graphicalgeek
Level 0

Explosive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2016, 09:04:50 AM »

This looks great!  Lovely art!

Working on Fantasy Conquest Tactics
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=53617.0
mankoon
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »

Hi there.  Coffee

Joh- Thanks:D Do you mean there's too much animation lol You should see the stat screen. Anyway Our Ui is still a bit placeholder.

ConkrMich- I will show more editor when I play with it more :3
Amanfr and Graphicalgeek- Thanks!

Here's what we been workin on lately~

One of my background tileset concept arts-
pencil

Random in progress colors

Finished-

Close up :

MAP STUFF
Kyron had a cool idea for how we do our map. He also made some pretty cool placeholder art that I will eventually paint over. Here's a video I shot on my phone. :3

Thanks fer look'n

ktep
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2016, 06:49:44 PM »

I noticed the initial sketch had a horse statue and now it's a classical female statue. While the horse is great, I'm down with the final direction you went with =D

I also love the lighting of the tiles at the entrance. I hope it translates well in pixel form!

Noyemi K
Level 0

[ * ] - we are all so hapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2016, 04:32:59 PM »

Still following your progress here, the shots I missed are appropriately juicy. Liking the look of the map editor!
Eluardian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2016, 06:54:30 PM »

That idea for the map is real neat. Super slick.

Yong
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2016, 02:15:02 AM »

Wow looks really great! Would like to see more of the combat system though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic