Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:38:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)How to turn a robot into a female (no bewbs)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: How to turn a robot into a female (no bewbs)  (Read 9325 times)
Rishav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »

at present I am trying to make a simple tech demo sort of stuff. a single level with some platforming, 3rd POV shooter thrown in. The theme will be the usual run of the mill Mario-save-princess. Of course the villain here will be that dastardly evil Nikola Tesla who came into the future in his time machine to harvest the technology of the future and use it to make his dastardly evil dark electric tower.  and oh, he will be shooting lazerz out of his monocles!

I plan to call the game "The shame of Tesla and the vagaries of war waged on sheep and small robots"
Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 12:10:17 PM »

You know if you call her 'Lua' then there is no other real need to make her female. Like small kids the only real indication of gender on the body is what clothes their parents dress them up with so go with that.
redoubtable troutbot
Level 2

The robot is your friend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

I suggest you name them after great robots from history, such as:

Tobor (it's robot spelled backwards, get it?)
Box
Robby
Kronos
Ro-Man
Torg
Robotto Keiji K

Man, robots rule.
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 01:10:44 PM »

You like lua, but want it to be robot-y? LU.4 , LU-4 or maybe LU4 ?
play on leetspeak  Giggle

I AM FREE!
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »

I suggest you name them after great robots from history, such as:

Tobor (it's robot spelled backwards, get it?)
Box
Robby
Kronos
Ro-Man
Torg
Robotto Keiji K

Man, robots rule.

The one that's an ape with a robot head is very odd Huh? Also the one you have in your avatar is great.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 12:49:28 AM »

Can't believe that no one mentioned the legs! They're too separated, so she looks boyish. Bring them closer, and make them not parallel; rather, have them be closer together by the feet. I'd do the same with the arms, as well, or as much as it's possible with that figure. The feet could also be more triangular, pointed toward the front.

Rishav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 03:28:42 AM »

Can't believe that no one mentioned the legs! They're too separated, so she looks boyish. Bring them closer, and make them not parallel; rather, have them be closer together by the feet. I'd do the same with the arms, as well, or as much as it's possible with that figure. The feet could also be more triangular, pointed toward the front.
hmmmm... sounds interesting. will give the feet a try when I go home. thanks.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 11:23:44 AM »

Your avatar scares me.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 11:38:55 AM »

Yeah, I too find it very intimidating.
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 03:11:55 AM »

Me too!

I AM FREE!
Rishav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:04 AM »

Me too!
Me Three!!!
raiten
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »

THE HETERO-NORMATIVE PARADGIM! THE HETERO-NORMATIVE PARADIGM! Look into the light!

Seriously though, have you considered not making them explicitly female and male?
Rishav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »

THE HETERO-NORMATIVE PARADGIM! THE HETERO-NORMATIVE PARADIGM! Look into the light!

Seriously though, have you considered not making them explicitly female and male?
Nothing explicit. just wanted to give the male and female vibes. of course a sexually dimorphant robot will be silly.
btw, awesome short. though I kept expecting a punchline towards the end.

btw folks, anyone here knows about Blender? My grand schemes of making stuff has failed miserably in the very first step.

As you can see from my problem, I am pretty new to blender. The problem is that if i try to unwrap a simple cube, the map comes out proper but when I try to unwrap a model I made (which is pretty much a cube anyway), it comes out with some faces squished and some elongated.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »

That is because the model is not a basic prim, faces and texures are handled differently in shapes and models, even though they look the same. You need to compensate by unwrapping the whole map and then map it onto a standard cube...

Who am I kidding, I don't even know what blender is, just tried to sound like I had a clue. It's that avatar of yours, it's freaking me out!
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 07:58:17 PM »

D:

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »

Are your robots going to have eyes? If so, long eyelashes should help make her looks more girly. And maybe add two ovals anime blush on her cheek. Something like this.

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2009, 03:46:55 PM »

Seriously can you please avoid eyelashes, pink, ribbons and shit. It's the same as adding boobs to me. : D Just saying.
JamesPopStar
Level 1

Agent California

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2009, 12:53:36 PM »

Seriously can you please avoid eyelashes, pink, ribbons and shit. It's the same as adding boobs to me. : D Just saying.

Ooh, I see what you're getting at! You think the female bot should carry a purse instead, don't you?

Rishav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »

no eyelashes. she has a glass face plate. also though I am using a bow, i might discard it as the torso proportion changes suggested by you guys does makes her look a lot more feminine. and small. currently trying to get started on the graphics engine. I will be using Horde 3D which looks fabulous for my use. tiny, cleanly written code. thats all i want. screw features and AAA graphics. give me a proper smooth code anyday.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »

What software are you using?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic