Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411983 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 16, 2024, 11:52:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsBIG: The Berlin Indie Game Jam
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: BIG: The Berlin Indie Game Jam  (Read 64777 times)
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2009, 04:32:55 AM »

Hey guys I'm gonna have to pull out as well I'm afraid  Sad - I'm getting married just after and have far too much to arrange...  If anyone needs a ticket I think Lord Metroid still has the one I was going to use.

Hopefully next time round, or definitely in the next UK Jam!

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2009, 04:37:13 AM »

Aww. too bad. Good luck with the wedding though! And congratulations!

I'm looking forward to next week, but it also co-incides with a milestone at work, so I have a feeling that I may be a little... drained. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2009, 04:55:53 AM »

I am seriously so PSYCHED about this! Can't believe it's only one week away! Hand Shake LeftMy Word!Hand Shake Right

Hey guys I'm gonna have to pull out as well I'm afraid

Aw Sad Understandable, though, with everything you've got going on.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »

I too am psyched.  Been away so long, though.  I'm afraid I'll be rather burnt out by the time of the jam.

Anyway, who wants to collaborate on what?  I'm feeling in a musicy mood, but I could get the BQ engine back to working order before BIG.  I wouldn't mind making something wild and weird with it.  If anyone has a solid, small game in mind, I could get the project files all set up beforehand...

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2009, 01:12:12 AM »

People: grave personal changes have occurred. I could only possibly jam with you on Monday the 3rd. If there are any last-minute takers who can play all weekend, I'd give away my ticket for free, else I'll attend for one day, but knowing myself I won't get much done in that time.

I will however still be in Berlin from Sunday night until Thursday noon, so I'd definitely love to meet all you lovely people, even if it's only for socializing. So I hope you can forgive me this lapse and still appreciate my presence.

UPDATE: Actually I'll be arriving Sunday noon, so I can do one and a half day of jamming. I feel better about that.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:20:42 AM by muku » Logged
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2009, 05:07:08 AM »

Sad to hear you won't be there for the full thing, muku. Looking forward to you on sunday then!

Also, here's my cell phone number in case you need some help upon arriving in Berlin or a warm voice to keep you going through a cold night: 0177 / 677264six (hopefully that will keep away spam crawlers).

(and as muku points out below: if you use a foreign (read: non-german) cell phone number, dial 0049 177 instead of 0177)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:05:11 AM by jstckr » Logged

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2009, 05:50:48 AM »

muku! Hope everything is / ends up ok. See you Sunday.

jasper too? good grief...

Is anyone bringing a video camera?

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2009, 06:04:09 AM »

Thanks for the phone number, jstckr, it's much appreciated. I guess I need to use +49 177 instead when calling from a foreign phone company, which may be interesting for other people too.

Thanks for the compassion too Alex; don't worry, it's all good. I'm perfectly fine Smiley

By the way, do we need some physical representation of our jammeur ticket, or is it enough to have paid?
Kekskiller
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2009, 07:08:30 AM »

By the way, do we need some physical representation of our jammeur ticket, or is it enough to have paid?

What? We need a ticket? HOLY SHIT I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT.

Also, I tried the link on the first page and it seems that you need a credit card/paypal thing. If I remember correctly: all tickets gone? If not: It isn't possible to pay without credit card, eh?

Damnit. And I don't even have a credit card. GAAAAH, life sucks.

Hm, OK... More time for making my game, I guess.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »

My ticket is available, Kekskiller.  You'll have to ask Lord Metroid, as I think he's the one who physically has it.

Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2009, 03:23:52 PM »

So, what's the large-scale timetable for the jam? Sorry if it's somewhere upthread and I've lost sight of it My Word!. I'm getting into Berlin Thursday evening and am currently booked for five nights, at a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy themed hostel which I hope isn't too far away. When are things expected to start and end at the cafe? Friday morning already?

Kekskiller
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2009, 04:01:53 PM »

My ticket is available, Kekskiller.  You'll have to ask Lord Metroid, as I think he's the one who physically has it.
I asked him but he just told me I have to buy it from the ticket page like everybody else. So it's impossible for me without a credit card. I just wonder why the fuck we need a ticket for it. It could be so simple.

Farewell, BIG. Maybe some day. I need to kill the guy who invented credit cards.
Jrsquee
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2009, 08:17:57 PM »

Is anyone bringing a video camera?

if you don't have a camera
a live camera
piping straight-up unfiltered bigjam 24/7
then
then
then...
I don't know, I'll do something rash
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »

I can bring a cheap 15€ Webcam I have lying around somewhere :D

I intended on bringing my regular camera, which can also make videos, but it's primary function are photos so it's probably not better at the video thing than the webcam.
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »

Kekskiller, you don't strictly need a credit card to pay. At paypal you can also create an account solely with your bank account number. You will need to transfer a small amount of money however, so it takes around two days to set up.
So not everything is lost!

And if that fails, I could buy the ticket and send it to you if you want.
At least there's someone around then I can blackmail. MWHA-MHWA-MWHA!

Muku, too bad you can't be around any longer, but if you just come by to hang around for a while that'd be cool too. See you on Sunday then!

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Petethegoat
Level 1

Pete Goodfellow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2009, 02:15:30 AM »

Hey guys, me and Wilson won't be able to attend due to lack of indie-priced hotels, and also due to travel arrangements, but as such two tickets are now up for grabs, so anyone who is interested should pm me or Wilson. Sorry that we won't be able to attend, but maybe next year, eh. Smiley Hope you guys have an awesome Jam anyhow!
C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2009, 02:29:32 AM »

I can bring a cheap 15€ Webcam I have lying around somewhere :D

Yes, yes! Do that!

Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2009, 02:41:35 AM »

Hokay, I'll just bring all recording related equipment I have lying around, cheap as it may be. I could also ask my father for a digi-camcorder. Maybe he still has an old one lying around. I know he had one once, but I haven't seen it in years so maybe he broke/lost/sold it.

I guess I'll also bring my Wacom Graphite4. I don't use it myself, since I can't draw, but maybe somebody else has use for it for the duration of the event (it's pretty small and easy to carry around).

Only thing I couldn't bring would be a projector. Thing we have is massive and weighs tons. Need an extra alu-coffer just to carry that thing around.

But yeh, if I can bring anything else that's not too big and/or heavy just holler and I'll see if I have something like that lying around.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2009, 02:41:54 AM »

I'll be bringing a webcam too. I was really wondering if anyone would be using a video camera to record the talks people will be doing.

Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2009, 02:43:46 AM »

We need to film the event from different angles and then cut it like an action movie with lots of slow motion and cgi explosions. And lensflares.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic