Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411979 Posts in 69438 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 07:28:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 155
Print
Author Topic: Game Name Clinic - I will rate your game's name  (Read 627547 times)
Kikekun
Level 0

Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2520 on: January 11, 2014, 08:59:39 AM »

Game Name : Oxygen

The basic premise of the game is that you are on a ship and the oxygen support systems have failed. However, there are small areas where oxygen is still available. You can only hold your breath for so long when you are outside of these zones. I came up with the name oxygen on the fly so it's not set in stone for now but would like your opinions/suggestions.

I like Oxygen.
One suggestion could be "Breathless".

Twitter: @SuperMegaTeam
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2521 on: January 12, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »

Hypoxia (condition in which the body or a region of the body is deprived of adequate oxygen supply)

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Joh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2522 on: January 23, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »

Hi there!
Id love to have suggestions for a better game name!
currently its called Cave Venturer
its a puzzle game in which you have to excavate (saw,blow,burn) yourself a path to each levels exit.
Since the goal is essentially to go as far as possible, you basically ''explore'' the cave (hence the venture part) but this is really generic, id love something better and more unique.

I quickly thought of Cave destroyer(not much better) and Pathscavator

but yeah Id love better ideas or feedback on those.

YetiSeekingYeti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 04, 2014, 06:34:11 PM »

What do you guys feel about a game called "Kind of Awesome"?

I love it. It sounds kind of... incomplete, maybe? I want to read it as "A Kind of Awesome" or something like that. Which would totally change the title's vibe, but the niggling feeling of something missing makes it stick in my head, at least, which is probably what you want from a title in the first place.

I want to see if anyone can think of a better name than Dive.

A game set on the top side of a flat, disc-shaped planet covered in desert, centred around a large, busy, dirty city. Holes are appearing in this planet and swallowing people/villages. Eventually the player will have to dive (Well, hello there!) down one of these holes and confront their source on the bottom side of the planet.

The action in the game will be pretty stealth-based, but I really want to get players invested in the world they're in, the setting's really going to be the star here. Ideas?
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2524 on: February 04, 2014, 09:15:29 PM »

"Do re me fa so la ti do" a game about living in a universe where everyone but you sings all the fucking time... you're the weird one.

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2525 on: February 04, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »

"Do re me fa so la ti do" a game about living in a universe where everyone but you sings all the fucking time... you're the weird one.

I think shorter would be better. "Do re mi"

Gilbo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 11, 2014, 08:21:25 AM »

"Knightfall", "Knightfalls", or Knightfallen"

The game is about a knight with a cursed suit of armor that constantly grows "fatter" whenever you aren't moving, you have to manage your weight to navigate the levels/fight enemies. The day changes to night throughout the course of the game. I will upload a piece of early artwork later to show the style we're aiming for.

Edit: Pic:
http://i.imgur.com/oRTgRT0.jpg
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:49:10 AM by Gilbo » Logged
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 11, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »

It looks like Gune of Cyberia.
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2528 on: February 11, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »

Trying to name my roguelike/tactics game. Tarog: Rogue Tactics (with or without either part of that, actually). I'm hoping to find a name that's elegant and memorable like "Tactics Ogre" but I'm drawing a blank. Alternatively, I could wait until I have a plot and name it after a plot element, but chances are that wouldn't emphasis the tactics nature of the game.

Ideas?

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2529 on: February 11, 2014, 03:23:55 PM »

I need something better than  Viking Brawl  WTF

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2530 on: February 11, 2014, 03:32:34 PM »

Trying to name my roguelike/tactics game. Tarog: Rogue Tactics (with or without either part of that, actually). I'm hoping to find a name that's elegant and memorable like "Tactics Ogre" but I'm drawing a blank. Alternatively, I could wait until I have a plot and name it after a plot element, but chances are that wouldn't emphasis the tactics nature of the game.
What about just "Rogue Tactics"?

Well what's your game about?

"Knightfall", "Knightfalls", or Knightfallen"

The game is about a knight with a cursed suit of armor that constantly grows "fatter" whenever you aren't moving, you have to manage your weight to navigate the levels/fight enemies. The day changes to night throughout the course of the game. I will upload a piece of early artwork later to show the style we're aiming for.
Atrophy

rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2531 on: February 11, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »

I need something better than  Viking Brawl  WTF

Well what's your game about?

Brawling vikings. But it's kind of a cheesy name.

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2532 on: February 11, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »

Brawling vikings. But it's kind of a cheesy name.
I kinda like Viking Brawl, but if you want it to be less cheesy you could name it "Vega" which is the Old Norse word for "to fight". Or you could use a different old norse word for war or battle or something.

Gilbo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: February 11, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »

[/quote]
Atrophy
[/quote]

I love it! I'll see what my other teammates say tomorrow, but right now myself and 1 other team member are digging it. Thank you!
Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2534 on: February 11, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »

Atrophy

I love it! I'll see what my other teammates say tomorrow, but right now myself and 1 other team member are digging it. Thank you!

No problem!

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: February 12, 2014, 08:56:53 AM »

Ideas?

Is Tarog the name of the character or the location or what? Not every game needs a name that includes the genre or primary mechanic...

'Tactics Ogre' is like being stabbed in the ears. It should have been 'Ogre Tactics'.

NORSMASH!
JUTLAND JAM!
uh... something with Valhalla?

(Please don't perpetuate the myth of horned helmets. They didn't exist.)
rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2536 on: February 12, 2014, 09:32:44 AM »

Ideas?

Is Tarog the name of the character or the location or what? Not every game needs a name that includes the genre or primary mechanic...

'Tactics Ogre' is like being stabbed in the ears. It should have been 'Ogre Tactics'.

I need something better than  Viking Brawl  WTF

NORSMASH!
JUTLAND JAM!
uh... something with Valhalla?

(Please don't perpetuate the myth of horned helmets. They didn't exist.)

Yes they did... But they are rare. There were also a few winged helmets, or helmets with spikes on. Most helmets are more like the style of rohan from lotr. But believe me, i've bin to enough musea.

Oh and norshmash sounds cool :p

Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2537 on: February 14, 2014, 02:47:21 PM »

I'm making a game which has you stranded in a desert and you have to walk home.
It's called Home Trail, and it's supposed to have a peaceful setting.

Here is a screenshot of a build with only placeholder textures and a world ment for debugging.

AirTime
Level 0

Not a glitch, just a misplaced curly brace.

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 23, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »

What would you guys think about "Caves"?

I try not to start a project unless I have a name for it, so I don't have to come up with it at the last second.

\"Nothin\'s gonna change my world..\", well at least until the next syntax error appears.
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2539 on: February 24, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

Farmageddon - farming in a nuclear winter

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 155
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic