Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411840 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 06:31:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBob Came in Piece
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Bob Came in Piece  (Read 6945 times)
FiaStarta
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »

What's wrong with WASD?

To start with, nothing as long as it doesn't use WSAD, but the keys that are at the same location. On an AZERTY keyboard, it blows that they're not grouped like arrows.

Then a lot of people just prefer to play all of their FPSes on arrow keys (numpad or arrow pad)

But you can actually re map your engines in the monkey wrenches

I see but how do you assign keys there?
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 01:03:14 PM »

wow this game is great! the ship movement could be more polished but the game itself is very very nice

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
HannesP
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 02:10:10 PM »

This is great! With the current trends of extreme low-fi and deliberate sloppiness, it's really good to see an elaborate and polished game like this. An irritating bug got me stuck in a passage due to the shape of my ship, so I had to end my session at that point since i couldn't get nor back nor forth, but until then it was a pleasant experience Smiley
Kappe
Level 0

www.ludosity.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 11:41:44 PM »

Thanks for the critz Smiley

You can respawn on the last activated shipbuilder if you hit R on your keyboard. In the ship builder you can also re map your keys if you remove and re attach they rockets. We have fixed most of the problems that has been brought up in this thread Smiley

Hopefully we will release a public discounted beta 11th of December if everything runs smooth. And of course, everybody that buys the beta will get the full version too Smiley

Hi! Currently starting our own game company called Ludosity Interactive. www.ludosity.com for more info Smiley
Kappe
Level 0

www.ludosity.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 10:05:27 AM »

Ok guys!
We have updated our homepage (completely reworked and new) with some info concerning Bob Came in Pieces:
http://ludosity.com/blog/

Hope you find it interesting Smiley

Hi! Currently starting our own game company called Ludosity Interactive. www.ludosity.com for more info Smiley
madflame991
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »

Pros:
+ nice dreamy music and atmosphere
+ the fact that it's a physics-puzzle-exploration game
+ visual effects, nice animated backgrounds
+ mechanical puzzles! gears!

Cons:
- the controls are a bit too responsive, and the camera makes me a bit dizzy because of the constantly zooming in and out
- it would have been nice if the ship would slide if I'd fire only the side thrusters
- I personally prefer the arrow keys for games who need only keyboard input, I think WASD should be used only in games involving the mouse too

I hope I'll play the full version of this someday
Cheers!

Kappe
Level 0

www.ludosity.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 01:06:33 AM »

Thanks for the input madflame991 Smiley

We have fixed so the arrow keys are default.
And you can slide on the ground with the side rockets Smiley
About the camera: we have gotten mixed opinions on that. Some are saying it is great as it is and some say like you do. We still dont know if we should change it or not. But of course, our intention is not to make you feel dizzy.

We are currently working on getting the deals done with Direct2Drive, Steam, Impulse and GamersGate.

Cheers!

Pros:
+ nice dreamy music and atmosphere
+ the fact that it's a physics-puzzle-exploration game
+ visual effects, nice animated backgrounds
+ mechanical puzzles! gears!

Cons:
- the controls are a bit too responsive, and the camera makes me a bit dizzy because of the constantly zooming in and out
- it would have been nice if the ship would slide if I'd fire only the side thrusters
- I personally prefer the arrow keys for games who need only keyboard input, I think WASD should be used only in games involving the mouse too

I hope I'll play the full version of this someday
Cheers!

FiaStarta
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »

We have fixed so the arrow keys are default.

is that online already? Because it's still WSAD here when I try.
Kappe
Level 0

www.ludosity.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 03:03:20 PM »

Wow! We got some pretty neat feedback on the trailer we released. We just need to make sure everything is working all right and release it. It is still scheduled for the 21st of December! Stay tuned!

Kappe
Level 0

www.ludosity.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »

You can now buy the game at:
www.ludosity.com/games/bob :D

Happy Holidays!

Kappe
Level 0

www.ludosity.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »

Bob Came in Steam!
Just wanted to tell you guys that our game Bob Came in Pieces will be available today on Steam! With 25% off first week! How about that? Smiley

The game has been updated with achievements, leaderboards, steam cloud and a lot of bug fixes!

The game will be for 9,99USD and like I said, the first week will be 25% off.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/46000/

With love,
Kappe

ChevyRay
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 01:39:43 AM »

Excellent job, man! Way to go with the Steam deal Grin   Hand Thumbs Up Right
deathtotheweird
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 01:58:56 AM »

Such a good deal. Congrats on the Steam release and looking forward to playing it  Hand Joystick
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic