Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:16:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 1Oddball's small offerings [FINAL]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Oddball's small offerings [FINAL]  (Read 98030 times)
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »

Yay, you're back! Good stuff!

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 10:42:12 AM »

Hurrah! Do you think you'll make some more 8x4 environment stuff? Any outdoor/overworld stuff?

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »

Yay, you're back! Good stuff!
Yep, and now with added elf.

From left to right; Elves(Civ M, Civ F, Civ M, Civ F, Archer M, Archer F, Archer M, Archer F, Warrior M, Warrior F, Warrior M, Warrior F, Elder M, Elder F, Elder M, Elder F, King, Queen, Scout), Dark Elves(Civ M, Civ F, Archer M, Archer F, Warrior M, Warrior F, Wizard, Sorceress, Prince, Princess, King, Queen, Assassin), Wild Elves(Male, Female)

Hurrah! Do you think you'll make some more 8x4 environment stuff? Any outdoor/overworld stuff?
Deffinately gonna do an outdoor set and expand the indoor tiles. Not sure about overworld stuff. I might add overwold icons to the icon set.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:35:17 AM by Oddball » Logged

Pixelfish
Level 0

A fish load of pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 04:47:56 PM »

My Word!

shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:19 PM »

Good stuff - nevermind about the overworld, just wondering. More dungeon furniture/types might be more practical.

Any chance you could do green elf royalty too? I mean, as visually distinctive as the evil ones.

I would make another suggestion, but, um, hey, interesting avatar you have

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »

Good stuff - nevermind about the overworld, just wondering. More dungeon furniture/types might be more practical.

Any chance you could do green elf royalty too? I mean, as visually distinctive as the evil ones.

I would make another suggestion, but, um, hey, interesting avatar you have
Furniture is really heard to get readable at this low res. but I am working on it. I didn't think elves would have a king/queen so just did the elders, but they'll be easy to add. If your hinting at a gooey blob at the end there I have a few blobs, slimes and oozes already done just need to compile and post them. In fact I have a lot more done than I've posted so far I just need to arrange and post them. In the mean time have some knights.

They are, in order; Knights(white, blue, red, lime, yellow, green, orange), Black knights(white, blue, red, lime, yellow, green, orange), Specials(Valkyrie, lord, king, evil lord, death knight, death lord, green knight, red knight, blue knight, Lancelot, paladin)

shrimp
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 02:24:45 AM »

Furniture is really heard to get readable at this low res. but I am working on it. I didn't think elves would have a king/queen so just did the elders, but they'll be easy to add.

Its purely the visual readability that I'm thinking of. They don't have to have crowns, could have distinctive robes or anything really, otherwise it might be difficult to use them effectively. Actually I've just noticed that there are some duplicates in the green elfs, so that might be a source of confusion which would not be present for the player.

If your hinting at a gooey blob at the end there

Yes Smiley I'll wait and see

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 09:39:49 AM »

I've added a king and queen to the elf set above. And here are the magic users.

The first 12 are wizards, the second 12 are sorceresses, and the remainder are, in order, Rincewind, Gandalf, druid, witch, necromancer, lich and lich-king.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 10:31:01 AM by Oddball » Logged

dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »

Rincewind!  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 01:35:04 PM »

Some dwarves and a hobbit.

And the roll call; Dwarves(male, female, blacksmith, swordsman/steel, swordsman/gold, swordsman/mythril, warhammer/steel, warhammer/gold, warhammer/mythril, cleric/steel, cleric/gold, cleric/mythril, axeman/steel, axeman/gold, king), Deep Dwarves(swordsman/steel, swordsman/adamantite, warhammer/steel, warhammer/adamantite, axeman/steel, axeman/adamantite, cleric/steel, cleric/adamantite, priest), Hobbit.

Ixis
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »

Do... Do those female dwarves have beards? Epileptic
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2009, 03:47:25 AM »

Do... Do those female dwarves have beards? Epileptic
Yep! Even the girlies have the face fungus.

Assorted humans this time.

And in order they are; Barbarian(male, female), Saracen, Assassin, Pirate(red, black), Ranger, Cleric(male, female), Priest, High Priest, Acolyte, Monk, Shaolin, Peasant(male, male, female, female), Farmer x2, Shopkeep x2, Blacksmith x2, Wench x2, Barkeep x2, Guardsman(white, green, blue, royal), Noble(male, female), Prince, Princess, King, Queen, Jester.

Let me know if I missed anyone.

skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2009, 04:42:34 AM »

Oddball: absolutely love your style, let us make babies?

Anyway, if you are going to extend the "original" worksheet with more indoor tiles, I'll probably turn it into an Android lofi rogue-like. Though don't have the time to do it for this competition since I'm busy with my uni stuff BUT I would love to work on a lo-fi android touch enabled rogue-like. Not like a full blown zangband/ADOM/DF-clone but something that would give out 5minutes of quick gameplay every time you start it. Speedy gameplay instead of pooping in the menus and figuring out items too much. Hurr hurr.

Gentleman

LazyWaffle
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2009, 08:08:23 PM »

SO CUTE Kiss

That's a pretty rad palette. Mind if I use it?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »

SO CUTE Kiss

That's a pretty rad palette. Mind if I use it?
I can't take credit for the excellent palette. As I mentioned briefly above it's by Arne. You can found out more here.

Assorted humanoids:

And they are; Goblin(sword, bow, spear), Hobgoblin(spear, sword, bow, axe), Orc(spear, sword, bow, axe), Ogre, Cyclops, Centaur, Satyr, Minotaur, Dragonman, Demon(fire, ice, shadow), Gargoyle, Troll(stone, cave, ice, snow), Birdman(hawk, parrot x2, raven, eagle, chief), Cthulet(pink/blue, pink/green, lime/blue, lime/red, blue/green, blue/red, albino)

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 04:58:02 AM »

Undead:

From left to right; Skeleton(sword, spear, axe), Zombie(complete, armless, headless), Mummy(basic, robed, face mask), Ghost, Fire Skull, Banshee(elf), Reaper, Banshee(dark elf), Reaper(hood down), Vampire(male, female)

Pixelfish
Level 0

A fish load of pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 06:05:44 AM »

The sheer amount of variety that is being supplied by you, Oryx, and Stargoat is only going to lead to truely amazing entries for this competition. I can not wait for the second part of the competition.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Wink

Stargoat
Level 2

Goat of the Stars

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2009, 06:28:11 AM »

Hah. This is worrying. I literally ripped "my" sprites from Geeze.

Oddball, your stuff is great.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:32:34 AM by Stargoat » Logged
Pixelfish
Level 0

A fish load of pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2009, 06:41:41 AM »

Woops! And Geeze. Sorry I hadn't seen his list before but it's quite impressive too. So excited!  Grin

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »

Animals:

L2R: Hen x2, Goose, Swan, Rat, Scorpion, Snake x2, Bat(Vampire, Fire), Pig, Sheep, Fox, Dog(Brown, Back), Cow, Bull, Horse(Pony, Chesnut, Black, White, Pagasus, Unicorn), Lion, Tiger, Bear(Kodiak, Polar, Panda), Baby Elephant

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic