Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:03:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSWOOOORDS! Colon Lords of the Sword [co-op dungeon-brawler]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SWOOOORDS! Colon Lords of the Sword [co-op dungeon-brawler]  (Read 983 times)
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:54:45 AM »

Wizard Web Version (Unity Webplayer) Wizard

Downloads

SWOOOORDS! Colon Lords of the Sword is a 4-player cooperative dungeon crawling action game made in Unity 3D, similar to games like Gauntlet, Golden Axe, Bastion, or Spiral Knights. It is intended to be played together with friends in the same physical space (“hotseat”), such as on an arcade machine, on a projector at videogame-themed events, or even just on a couch.

Features:
  • Delve deep into procedurally-generated dungeons, brutally defeating swarms of enemies
  • Challenging combat means you are always close to death, but skillful timing of attacks, dodges, blocks, counters, and other abilities will ensure your continued survival
  • Permanent death: Choose wisely, you only have one life to live!
  • Wield one of many swords, each with their own special abilities
  • Gamepad-enabled! Play locally with up to four friends
  • A brütäl heavy metal soundtrack by Pip Malt

It's taken me about 10 months, 8 of them actually working on the game in my spare time. I desperately hope I was successful in making a challenging, fair, and varied combat system that makes for an exciting and unique brawler.

SWOOOORDS! is basically the combat prototype for a much larger action RPG I'm calling Urverden. It will be an attempt at combining the brawler and roguelike genres to provide a unique experience, somewhere in between Dark Souls and Dwarf Fortress' Adventure Mode.

IndieDB Page:

Greenlight page
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:49:10 AM by nihilocrat » Logged

Shackhal
Level 9

Like a child with toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »

It is done?! Really?! Awesome!!

Congratulations for it!

Pages: [1]
Print