Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 10:52:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSPACE HYMNS - A Mini-LP
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: SPACE HYMNS - A Mini-LP  (Read 7540 times)
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2009, 02:34:15 PM »

I am very much down with that.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

TheDustin
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »

I just wanted to add that I'm playing this for the third grader's I'm substitute teaching for today and they're loving it.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »

Haha, that cracks me up. Kids can be cool sometimes because they haven't been told yet that this is "nerd music" or something like that and so they just like it for what it is.

Make them tell all their friends. Grin

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 08:44:38 AM »

A hi-fi, instrumentally expanded version of The Final Landing can be found here: http://8bitcollective.com/music/Brother+Android/The+Final+Landing/

Cheers!

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »

Haha, the guitar gives it this unexpected indie rock feel. I quite like this version, feels much fuller.

ACardboardRobot
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »

This is really good man.

Out of curiosity, what did you use to make this?
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 01:40:01 PM »

Beautiful...

Might I ask what you are using to make these? I'm currently in the set-up stages for a small project of my own, and so am looking around for good apps...
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 11:42:57 PM »

Evidently not...   Sad
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 02:35:35 PM »

Many apologies, I've been out of town with basically no internet access for the last week and a half.

I use Skale Tracker (probably just because I'm used to it; I think there are other trackers out there that are supposed to be better) for the composition aspects, and primarily DrPetter's excellent SFXR for the instruments, although some of them come from other places. I used to use the wavelab in Anvil Studio, but I wouldn't really recommend that to anyone. Though it can be a bit of fun.

I hope this is helpful, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I'm glad you enjoy the music.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 02:59:39 PM »

But really, you can make good music with almost any software. I personally use Ableton Live with mostly the built-in instruments and effects as well as some drum machine samples (and occasionally other samples too).
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 01:03:25 AM »

Hi Jabberwock!  Just wanted to let you know that I listened to the music that you linked.  I think my favorites were "Cold Planet" and "Eye of the Electromagnetic Storm" (cool title too).  You're pieces have a very mellow and yet mysterious feel to them... it might sound odd, but they reminded me a bit of "Cosmos" for some reason. 

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 04:13:01 PM »

Cosmos as in the science documentaries? Well, I'll consider that a compliment then. I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Smiley

still_life
Level 0

i strongly detest cavestory

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 03:13:23 PM »

sounds really good. is this considered chiptune? if so, I've never heard a better chiptune album. i rate this album 7.8/10
TheDustin
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »

I rate your rating an arbitrary 6.8763534241231.

Jabberwock, I forgot to mention that I put this album on CD for that class I taught a while back (along with some 6995) and they're still listening to and enjoying it. A bunch of the other elementary kids I've taught like it; one asked what video game that album was from.  Grin I've been teaching middle school lately and when I tried to play it for a couple classes they complained about it and asked if I had *insert pop song here*. I'm still a teen but I cringe at the musical tastes most people my age have.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 07:16:46 PM »

I'm still a teen but I cringe at the musical tastes most people my age have.
I know what you're talking about. When I was still in school (I'm 21 now), I was always "the guy who listens to weird music", but my tastes are so all over the place, nearly everyone I meet these days has one or two artists in common with me. In fact, I connect most easily to people via music talk.  Cheesy

Anyway, I think you should make a game with your music in it, Jabberwock, or at least allow someone else (not me, mind you) to use it. Everyone likes games with awesome soundtracks, plus there's too few games with music that doesn't rely on tired game music cliches.
Captain_404
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »

Anyway, I think you should make a game with your music in it, Jabberwock, or at least allow someone else (not me, mind you) to use it. Everyone likes games with awesome soundtracks, plus there's too few games with music that doesn't rely on tired game music cliches.

Oh man, I'd really love to see a game made based on this cd.

I normally hate chiptune music, but you use it very well here. I don't think I've said it yet, but I really love this cd.
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »

I never ever thought of encoding stuff at 24kbps to get a "warm" sound. Not at all "organic", but "warm".

Nice, ambient stuff. Makes me want to try my hand at more 'relaxed' and minimalist music like this.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic