Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:40:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralRedwall
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Redwall  (Read 5946 times)
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2008, 12:42:15 PM »

Redwall inspired me to learn what a stoat is.

They don't have them critters round here.

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »

Dude, I used to love the Redwall series! I started reading the Redwall books in 3rd or 4th grade, if I remember correctly. I spent way too much time reading those books--more than I spent studying, by a long shot. In fact, I think I still have an autographed, hardback copy of Salamandastron back in my old room in Nashville. It's funny that so many of the people on these forums liked them too, though maybe I shouldn't be surprised about that.

I have an autographed copy of Redwall somewhere... I totally forgot about that. I got to go to a reading/book signing with Brian Jacques once. As I recall it wasn't terribly exciting. The one thing I remember very clearly that I found mildly dissapointing was that he pronounced his last name (phonetically) Jakes, with a hard c. Rather then with a soft J and soft C, as though he were French rather than English. For some reason I found that very distressing.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2008, 01:42:54 AM »

I found that disappointing as well, and am still convinced that he says his own name wrong.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2008, 04:34:15 AM »

How many of you guys have read Redwall by Brian Jacques? I grew up on them, and they actually inspired me to learn to read. My dad was reading me Redwall before bed every night, but he wasn't going fast enough for me, so I would stay up with a flashlight slowly making progress myself.

Cute stories aside, I was just sorting through some old books and it got me to thinking that some game company should really jump on the Redwall IP. There are just so many ways that they could be turned into really awesome games. You could do a RTS that included all of the various epic battles and focused on tactics and strategy. You could do a kid-friendly Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon type game with Redwall abbey where you get to interact with cute woodland creatures and play in the gardens.  You could do a Elder Scrolls type sandbox RPG where you are a lone warrior in the Redwall universe and you have to wander around and have adventures and stuff. I dunno, I have a million more ideas, I'm not sure I want to give them all away.

If I had the time and the resources to make these games I totally would, but seeing as I don't, someone else should! It would make me so happy to play a well-made Redwall game, I hope I get to some day. Until then we can fantasize and brainstorm and maybe hope that Bethesda or Blizzard is snooping around the General forums for game ideas to steal.
(I hope that last sentence isn't the focus of any replies, because its really Redwall I want to talk about)

My friend Charbile loves the Redwall series, although I've never read it myself. I think it's part of the inspiration for his Sword of Jade game, although another part is that he's a furry.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic