Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411671 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 04:13:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1967992 times)
phenixyu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: July 13, 2012, 02:10:53 AM »

Hi, my name is Phenix Yu. I live in Taipei, Taiwan and work as a software engineer in game development for 8 years. These are some titles I contributed to.
golemshaper
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5501 on: July 13, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »

Hey guys! I'm Golemshaper. My real name is Brian Allanson. I am a graduate from the School of Visual Arts in New York. I've been a hobbyist game designer since I was 11. I've been lurking on this forms for a while now, but finally decided it was time to have a voice. So uh... yeah. 

Check out Two Brothers on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AckkStudios
And check out the DevLog here.
gobywan
Level 0

BEEP BOOP VIDEO GAMES MUSIC

View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm Matt Lawless, a musician/composer/producer from London, Ontario. I've been an avid gamer since I was about 6 (now 28) and now I'm looking to start composing music for games. I discovered these forums while reading up on the business side of video game music, and it looks like a friendly and informative community, so here I am.

EBrown
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: July 14, 2012, 08:13:34 AM »

Hey guys, my name is Elliott Brown, I came here mostly because a friend of mine (Ouren) was complaining that I don't spend enough time on a "real" Indie Developers Forum, so he said, "Go join TigSource! NOW!" Alas, I finally did this morning, and I am hoping to get to know you all quite well.

A little bit about me:
I am a college student taking Computer Engineering at Trine University in Angola, Indiana. (In the country of the United States) I have a fair amount of knowledge in several programming languages, including C#, VB.NET, C++, and several scripting languages, including Javascript and PHP. I have a fair amount of knowledge with HTML and CSS as well, and I hope to use my skills here to help out wherever I can.

I recently graduated High School from a secondary school, from a Computer Networking and Repair Class, essentially A+, N+ and CCNA training. (No I don't have my actual certifications yet, still working on getting enough cash to take the tests.) During my time in school I competed in a National Contest for Cisco Systems Administration for the club, BPA. (Business Professionals of America) I took first place at the Local, Regional, State and National levels in this contest as well.

I usually Aim-to-Please whenever I do things. (You can ask Ouren about that, he will tell you how long I have been at one particular community, merely because the Administrator wanted me to keep it from dying entirely.)

Some things I have worked on before, include my own from-scratch MORPG engine, not yet finished however. Written entirely in C# using XNA for Media, and an External Networking Library. I have also developed several Indie Games in 2D MORPG engines, mostly for the practice of creating good content.

If anyone wants any more information about me, I would be happy to oblige.

Thanks,
EBrown
irishcream
« Reply #5504 on: July 14, 2012, 08:42:13 AM »

Hello All,

My name is Brenton, I'm 27 years old and live in the lovely state of Vermont. Here's a picture of me:

I believe my first video game was Super Mario Bros when I was 8 years old. My second video game was a random shooter called Sky Shark and my third game was the Legend of Zelda; which I purchased used at a hobby store entirely on the merit that it had a gold cartridge. I honestly had no idea what the game was when I bought it; it was golden and had a shield on the front and that was enough for an 8 year old.

When I was 11 or 12 I  badly broke my leg badly learning how to play hockey. With nothing to do for 6 months but to lay in bed in a full length cast my dad brought home a massive NES game collection on loan from a friend.

I also got pretty heavily into PC gaming. I hail from the age when you just didn't have enough extended RAM to play the games. World of Warcraft (the original) was my first RTS. One of my first non-final fantasy RPGs was Ultima 6 (never did get to play Ultima 7 - not enough extended ram). I played lots of Doom and Doom 2 - my parents were cool and weren't ultra-religious about violent games. We didn't have a lot of money so as time passed on the games quickly exceeded my computer's ability to play them. I found myself quickly relegated to old games and the "indie" games of the time. I played lots of shareware titles. Getting games from the internet was interesting as we didn't have it at home. I had to go to the public library. Getting games from the internet to my home pc was an interesting process - it involved a file-splitter program and lots of floppies. I remember playing the Exile series back in the day.

I started to get into game development when I was about 15. It started when I was offered an introductory programming class in junior high. They had us making boring applications - I said screw that, I want to make a video game. Armed with some rudimentary programming knowledge I programmed my first game in Visual Basic; it was a puzzle game. I then moved on to try to make an RPG - of course I never finished it. I did end up making a partially functional tile editor. At this time I started making graphics for my RPG. Again, poor family so all I had was MS Paint so I made pixel art. I discovered that I had more fun making things look pretty than doing all the hard work of programming. This influenced my later decision to go to college for graphic design.

The graphic design program I was in was good and a lot of the art focused stuff was cool but ultimately it was about making print ads which just didn't interest me so I switched to computer science. I did some sporadic game development in college - nothing notable.

After graduating I connected with a programmer and we tried to establish a game dev company. We were inexperienced and of course unsuccessful. We have scores of incomplete/abandoned projects - lots of lessons learned.

I've been spending time refining my art skills and now we're going to take another stab at the whole game dev thing and see where it leads =)
The_Football_Playbook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: July 14, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »

Hi all,
We are a small team from London, UK. Emmanuel, Jay and Paul. We are really excited about releasing our first game soon( http://www.footballplaybk.com ). We love all games but especially old Atari and Amiga games. Current favourite games include Total War, Fifa and Football Manager. Love anders iliger tiny wings and any other great indie games like World Of Goo. Being indie developers is great!!

kiddRaddical
Level 0

ALT UNIVERSE SEGA SATURN DEV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5506 on: July 15, 2012, 02:57:38 PM »

Hey everybody! My name is Ethan Redd, and I'm a lone-wolf indie based in Buffalo, NY (for now!). I'm a self-taught 3D gfx artist, programmer wanna-be, with a passion for the design side of games.

I'm probably one of the younger TIGgers, so I don't remember half of the games you guys cite as your faves (The Legend of who now?  Giggle). The game that started everything for me was Sonic 3& Knuckles on an old Windows 98 machine(still my favorite game EVER). I actually wrote one of my admittance essays to college on the artistic merits of that game Cheesy After that, I was hooked. Started drawing crappy characters at 6, started programming at 9, and started 3D modeling around 11. I honestly believe in games as a medium, and hope to make stuff worth playing for years to come!

When I'm not making games, I like skateboarding and playing guitar! Oh, and I keep a blog every now and then (www.gotenrg.com)

posting (too) regularly on Twitter: @EthanRedd
EthanRedd.com
Nortrodamas
Level 0

Baconman's Henchman

View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: July 15, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »

Hi, My name is Marcus Mercado I'm 23, I like to be known as Nortrodamas. My first systems were a Atari 2600, NES, SNES and a N64, My all time favorite genres are Arcade Fighters and Role Playing Games.

I have been a super fan of "Indie Games" for the last 2 years, like Super Meat Boy,
The Binding of Issac, Dungeons of Dredmor and Terraria. I join tigsource to learn about making and testing games.
w01fram
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5508 on: July 15, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »

Greetings,

My name is Sebastian Wolfram and I am working on an indie game.

My background is mainly in software engineering, but I love all types of arts, especially painting. I grew up with C64, Amiga and DOS and love games like Populous, Dungeon Keeper, and Monkey Island. Some of the newer titles I like are Skyrim, Portal and Minecraft.

I currently live in the Bay area and can be found at meetups or at noisebridge sometimes. 

Wizard

Cheers!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/w01fram
ColeyWoley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5509 on: July 15, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »

Hi, I'm Nicole.  I'm worked in games for most of the last decade, here in Australia.  I started out animating surfers on Sunny Garcia Surfing.

I am so old that I didn't actually own a video game until I was in my late teens.  Sonic and Street Fighter were like religious experiences for me, and after Final Fantasy 7 I was a goner.

My hubby and I recently formed our own company and went Indie.  Its something we've always wanted to do but were too scared.  With good reason, OMG the stress of this lifestyle is killing me!  But I love it soooo much, its so great to make something that's all yours, something that you're proud of.

francisquino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: July 17, 2012, 04:49:52 AM »

Hllo. My name is Francis. I'm from Spain, sorry for my poor english. I'm a programmer, although at my actual work I'm dng every kind of things. I love everything relationed with art, specially drawing and painting.

I had a ZX Spectrum at the beginnings, and made some rude pixel art. Nowadays I'm working in a 2D platformer, with Game Maker. I'll send my work so you can help me improve.

I love Arne style and have discovered recently Locomalito who is from my country. Is a great inspiration.
RetsamugA
Level 0

indie game developer agumaster-games.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5511 on: July 17, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »

HELLO!my name is Agustin,i am a game developer from Argentina.Hardcore gamer specially fps games,drummer in a heavy metal band, heavy metal fanatic(death metal is the best for me  Evil ), and a big fan of game programming  Grin .I had developed a bunch of shooter games but i started over recently(because the low quality games i madw when i was very young),so in my webpage you can play my last 2 games that have great quality, and im going to release more games soon Wink
Here is a picture of me

You can check out my last games in agumaster-games.blogspot.com
My biggest influences in videogames are DOOM and QUAKE!

world is full of invisible beautiful things
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: July 18, 2012, 06:38:55 AM »

Awesome, you like death metal, subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sigvatrchannel
hazzen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5513 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:08 AM »

I'm Mikey and a hobbyist game dev in San Francisco. I've made a few games in 48h jams/comps, not finished an awful lot of other games, and finally started putting my work together and figuring out how to do that last 10% that takes 90% of the time - polish, menus, balance, etc. My day job is coding, so that helps.

I've been playing games forever, though my formative experiences were probably Worms 2, Warcraft II, Wing Commander II, and Diablo. I had a really slow computer and no qualms about pirating games when I was a teenager, so I played a lot of games I missed out on at the time - a bunch of SNES RPGs, X-Com, MOO2, System Shock, etc.
RetsamugA
Level 0

indie game developer agumaster-games.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5514 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:42 AM »

Awesome, you like death metal, subscribe to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sigvatrchannel
i have just suscribed Wink . You have great bands in your channel, im listening Cerebral Incubation from your channel right now XD . Awesome slamming  Smiley

world is full of invisible beautiful things
Dan 327
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5515 on: July 18, 2012, 06:48:30 PM »

Hello, I'm Daniel.

I live in Melbourne, Australia, and have only recently started making games. Been playing them and programming for many years now though. I'm primarily a Linux developer, which might be a bit unusual for a game dev.
Pelican71
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5516 on: July 19, 2012, 05:36:58 AM »

Obligatory, eh?

OK - Hello, I'm Dave and I've been reading TIGSource for a while, but apparently never got around to making an account (perhaps because I don't think I have much of interest to say). So, in the spirit of better-late-then-never, here goes ...

I've been making games since the bedroom coder days - my first games were published on the BBC Micro/Acorn Electron. I graduated to an Atari ST with the proceeds, and then moved onto the Amiga (well, a succession of Amigas). My published Amiga games are all free to download on my (minimal) website www.confused-pelican.com. They feature questionable graphics & audio, since I was doing it all myself (no refunds!).

Amiga Games

When I'd finished studying, I got a job programming in the industry ... and I've been doing that ever since. The nearest thing I have to a claim to fame is working on Dune 2000 for Westwood Studios (while I was working at Intelligent Games in 1998).

Dune 2000 PC

I've been playing games since my first computer (Acorn Electron), and used to visit arcades whenever I could, to marvel at the games.
I'm still playing games when I have the time, still attracted to old arcade games (and things of their ilk) like a stupid moth to a flame. More recently I've developed a Fallout 3 problem (never did play the 1 or 2), which then lured me into the similarly time-consuming worlds of Oblivion & New Vegas - Skyrim is still sitting untouched waiting for me to finish my current work contract (less than 2 weeks to go!).

I've continued to dabble in DIY games while working - my most recent effort got picked up by Sony and became Gravity Crash for the PS3.

(Gravity Crash PS3 - my games just keep getting bigger and bigger)

I'm currently working on a couple of games, one with Dugan Jackson (almost finished!) & one with Dugan and Rudolf (Eufloria) Kremers.

WIP game - might be called "Knighty Knight"

Some of my all time favourite games - Gauntlet, Bubble Bobble ... Fallout 3.

I really should get into some sort of writing about what I'm doing, this is the probably very place to do that.
maetheec
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: July 19, 2012, 08:10:45 AM »

Should have done this a long time ago... keep forgetting to introduce myself, sorry about that guys Gentleman

My name is Eddie, game programmer and The Guildhall alumni. I used to work in game studios in the US, until lay-offs got to me twice in three years. I had enough of moving around in the US, so I left the US, and for the past two years, I've been working for a small independent game studio in Bangkok called Novaleaf Software.

The indie game scene have gotten more and more of my attention recently, thanks to several modern game engine that made making games so easy, and the number of awesome indie games have exploded. So, I want to get more involved with the community and hopefully, with you guys help, my next game will be the next big indie hit Beer!
Bladko
Level 0

Bladko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5518 on: July 19, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »

Hi,

I am Tom, an mid age post-corpo worker and now fresh indie developer from wild east Smiley Just guess which country can be called "wild east" ha Wink There are gossips about white bears wondering in cities Smiley

I am currently working on few titles for mobile devices using Corona SDK and hope finding some good people to say something good about it Smiley Also i would like to find some artists to work with Smiley

In short: if i had a chance to choose my profession 20 years ago i would choose pixel art master Wink

Tom

Fun o\\\'mobile.
idunlop_oeFun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5519 on: July 19, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »

Hi - my name is Ian Dunlop. I've been making games since '81 (yep - I may be considered old). I've been playing games since that time too and have a fondness for all things pixel.

This is some of my past work:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,116267/

Currently I run a small indie company working on iOS games. This is what I'm up to now:

http://oefun.com

Some of my favorite games include Zelda (SNES), Gargoyles Quest (GB), Ghosts & Goblins, Bubble Bobble Series, Metal Slug and Viewpoint.

Cheers.

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic