Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411672 Posts in 69398 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 05:26:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1968216 times)
zerostasis
« Reply #5420 on: June 18, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »

Hi guys, I'm James age 22. I'm an aspiring game developer and I'm hoping one day be able to create my own studio. Currently right now I'm a IT Developer for an IT outsourcing company. I'm well versed at programming if not great. I have a tons of game ideas though not really sure if they are great ideas, but we all have to start somewhere. I have been playing video games since I was 5. And yes I have no freakin' experience at making video games. Sue me. But I would like to start somewhere. Even if I'm a little bit late I would like to still pursue this career and dream. I hope we could all get along and learn from you guys. Thanks and have a nice day.  Beer!
smilingjester
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »

I first started writing software programs when I was eight years old on the wonderful TRS-80.  I have since worked in Turbo Pascal, Visual Basic, Foxpro, and now C#.  I just started working with web design using ASP.NET with CSS with a MySQL backend.  I have written software professionally for 14 years.
shao
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: June 19, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »

Hello!  I'm Dylan, I'm 26 and I live in Orange County, CA.

I'm a designer by trade, and I've been working with my friends at Cadenza Interactive now for four years.  Every day is a learning experience, and I love making games.

If I'm not working, I'm probably doing something with eSports.  I play a bunch of Starcraft and League of Legends!  My latest eSports loot?  Got my work PC case signed by some of the KeSPA badasses at MLG Anaheim!

Orange County, if I remember correctly there is this company Orange County Choppers, I see in TV series.

getluky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5423 on: June 20, 2012, 03:10:09 PM »

Hi, I'm Gordon Luk, and I'm an indie game programmer in Los Angeles.

As far as games go, I'm mostly known so far for Beast Boxing 3D for iPhone/iPad, although I've been working on so much unreleased stuff lately that I've been feeling like a bum. A few things are coming out soon, though, including a huge port of BB3D to PC/Mac, and I'm making it a goal to get more active in the indie gaming community.

I don't know if any of you were real active in the early competitive/pro gaming community, but I used to go by K9-Gloucester when I played competitively in Quake 2/Quake 3. If you followed PGL or Quakecon, you might have run into me at some point. I used to be pretty serious about all that, and i wouldn't be surprised if there were a few other Q2/Q3 lurkers hiding out there in Tigsource as well! Recently, I don't have much time for the 5-6 hours of practice a day it used to take, and nowadays dedicate that towards game dev and family time. Smiley

Eniko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5424 on: June 21, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »

Hi! I'm Emma, from the Netherlands. I've been teaching myself to make games since I was like 15 (now 29), because my older brother and dad got fed up with trying to teach me when I refused to make a snake clone.

... I mean srsly, snake. Lips Sealed

I grew up with games like Ultima 4-8, Wolfenstein, DOOM, SMB, Zelda, and stuff like Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, etc. So I have experience with a pretty broad set of games, but my favourite is RPGs. Particularly immersive open world ones.

I spent a long time learning how to do pixel art and programming in VB6. Eventually I got pretty decent at pixel art after hanging out at the Pixelation forums. I also graduated from VB6 to more respectable languages like C, Python, and C#. Nowadays I've graduated to 3D as well and enjoy perpetually tweaking the various shaders I write.

Despite all that I've only finished one game, called Marine, and that barely runs on modern hardware anymore. Nonetheless I'm working seriously on a project now for the first time in my life with planning and milestones and all that good structured stuff called Project Drake. And with that my self introduction ends. Have a screenshot!

Götz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5425 on: June 21, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »

Hi! I've been lurking the forums for a while now, so I thought it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Santi and I'm a 3d artist from Spain. I used to work at a motion graphics studio until I decided to follow my passion for games and get into the games industry. So right now I'm looking for a job while I try to improve my skills at game art.

I really like art direction and the concept stage, so I spend a lot of time thinking of possible new projects, that I never tryied to materialise due to a fear to programming... but now I'm starting to work more seriously to achieve this goal and develop little projects by myself or in collaboration with other devs.

If I had to say wich ones are my favourite games, I would say the Castlevania series and the snes rpg Secret of Gaia/Time.

Nerdysimmer
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: June 21, 2012, 10:40:24 PM »

Guten abend. My name's Bill. I'm a 22 year old game designer / audio producer.

I've been interested in the aspects of game design since the early days of elementary school when I played around with Clickteam's Klik & Play, and the toolset for Neverwinter Nights. I've made several games throughout these years, though I have yet to finish one, though I'm not stopping to ponder about it and just continue to work with it.

I've been exposed to mostly action/adventure and role playing games in my youth, mostly Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, and Doom, though I'm capable of adapting to almost any game, and I'm able analyze a variety of aspects of each game to the point where I decipher what makes a game fun to play, what doesn't, what kind of experience is the player getting out of it, etc. The game authoring software I use include Unity3D and Multimedia Fusion 2.

I'm also an amateur graphic designer with a digital multimedia background, I'm profecient with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash, as well as Premier and After Effects. The only programming languages I've dabbled into are Java, C++, and C#. I unfortunately don't find it fun to do unless I'm doing something practical for the project, and I only know some of the basic aspects of C++, which isn't practical enough to develop a game. I am trying my best to overcome that block. I use Mixcraft and Reaper for audio design.

My favorite game is Metroid Prime, though I like many other games for a variety of reasons.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:55:13 PM by Nerdysimmer » Logged
impulse9
« Reply #5427 on: June 22, 2012, 08:12:07 AM »

Hi everyone. I am Danijel and I'm from Slovenia. I am 24 years old, currently studying computer science and working as a programmer/web-designer.

My main interests include science, programming, maths, drawing, writing and music. I'm an aspiring game developer. I don't have much to show (other than countless unfinished projects), I am however working on a personal game project and will hopefully have something worth showing in the next few months.

I absolutely adore pixel art, it is also something that I am trying to get good at. I am a big fan of most old DOS games. To name just a few that made a huge impression on me as a youngster: Leisure Suit Larry, Titus the Fox, Prehistorik 2, Prince of Persia 1/2, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Sim City 2000, Transport Tycoon, Duke Nukem 1/2/3D (also Blood and Redneck Rampage, which were based on Duke3D engine), Lost Vikings, SCUMM adventures, Jones in the Fast Lane, Heroes of Might&Magic II, C&C series, Warcraft series, Worms, Commander Keen, Civilization II, Diablo, Fallout 1/2, ... (I could probably go on forever). My all time favourite game is Quake 1, which also explains the nickname (impulse 9 is a cheat code in quake to get all weapons, ammo and keys).

I am also a self-taught guitar player and an amateur composer, I love making music of all sorts. It is my evil plan to someday be proficient enough in all these skills to make a game which would be entirely created by me (programming, art, music and levels). All in good fun of course. The more distant plan is to get myself involved in a gamedev group and hopefully make a buck or two out of it.

Anyways, that's about it for now.
TaftsBathtub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: June 22, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »

Hi, my name is Sam and I'm 22.  I'm from South Carolina, in the United States.  I just earned a BS in Computer Science and will begin working on a master's in the Fall.  I've dabbled in game development since 2003, when I started trying to make Morrowind mods.  I've never completed a game other than a Pong clone on my TI-86 calculator.  Some of my favorite games are Morrowind, Civilization 4, Quake Live (Quake 3), and Halo.
    I'm currently working on a game for XBLIG called Zephyr.  I'm actually gonna release this one, I hope.  I'm kind of a jack of all trades when it comes to game creation.  I'm ok at coding, musical composition, and art.  I don't have a real website yet, but I do have a tumblr blog: http://clandestinestudios.tumblr.com/
voodoomaster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: June 22, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »

Hi,

I'm Stefan from Hamburg, Germany.
Usually I work as business software developer, but I took a break from that and am currently developing my first game ever. As being part of the Commodore 64 generation, it is no surprise that the game has its roots in those days.
Because Java has been the main programming language for business stuff, it was a natural choice for game programming as well.
Califer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: June 22, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »

Hello, My name is Curtis Mirci and I'm from Utah, United States.  I used to work at Sensory Sweep until they stopped paying us and I've been doing indie games on the side ever since.  I'm currently working on three games, March to the Moon, Siphon Spirit and Califer's Japanese Class: Hiragana.
OnionBlaze
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5431 on: June 22, 2012, 10:43:48 PM »

Finally learned how to change my avatar so I guess I need to introduce myself now...  Who, Me?

Gomez Hi! I'm Arwyn and I'm from the Philippines. I don't have a lot of solo pictures of myself so no pictures for you (hah!).

I got interested in making games when I was 11 or 12. From what I remember, I think I've made 2 crappy, unfinished games at that time. Can't find them anymore though, past me probably got really frustrated and deleted them all. Durr...? After a few years, I realized that making games is for me, so I got back into making them. I've made a few jam games so far and I'm currently making a bigger one. I'll make a thread about it when it's ready. For now, have a very, very, very, very, very early picture of it:

I'm also into pixel art. I made emoticons on deviantART before I decided to make other kinds of cool stuff.

I'll probably try PS1 style 3D models in the future too. Anyways, games that I played and loved were Crash Team Racing, Chrono Cross, FF Tactics, Patapon and, of course, good ol' Pokemon. Never played PS2/3 & XBox games since we never had one. Sad Gonna download NES and C64 emulators sometime later so I can play those classic games. Grin

This is getting a bit longer that I expected, so I guess I'll end it here. You can find me on Tumblr, on Twitter and on this forum, of course. Grin

Really glad I joined this community. Coffee

gupta_shvm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: June 23, 2012, 04:58:31 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Shivam from India and I only recently got into making indie games. I've only made a few copies of classic games so far to learn. I haven't really completed anything original yet. Right now I'm working on something that I'm really, really into. I might post about it when it's actually playable

Some of my favorite games are Final Fantasy V, Portal 1/2, Super Meat Boy, The binding of Isaac, Braid, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, Pokemon and of course Super Mario Bros. Hobbies of mine include programming, art, music and anime/manga.

Really glad to be part of the TIGSource community. That's it for now.
DeMayunn
TIGBaby

The Man! (not really)

View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: June 23, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »

Hey, i'm Liron "DeMayunn" Hermoni.
Since i was 8 i always knew what my dream job would be, designing Video Games.
Now over a decade later i'm finally getting close to my goal,
With a pretty serious game currently being worked on.
It's all thanks to communities like you guys who help young aspiring
Individuals like myself into pursuing our dreams! <3

The only way to truly be happy, is to believe that you are.
FibonacciSpaghetti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: June 24, 2012, 05:01:18 AM »

Hello, I am Travis.

I used to want to make video games, then comics, then be an author. Instead, I became a web developer. I guess I'm back to video games for a bit now.
grandseiken
Level 0

hah ha ha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5435 on: June 24, 2012, 09:12:03 AM »

Yo. I'm Stuart. I'm 23. I'm from Scotland.

Here are my favourite games: Secret of Mana. Starcraft. Super Meat Boy.

Here is what I do:

and

timmah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: June 25, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »

Greetings,

My name is Tim Spaninks, I'm a student game design & development at the Utrecht School of Arts in the Netherlands. Besides school projects I'm also working on some games in my spare time. Right now I'm working on an indie game called Metal Mayhem (http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26795.0)
I'm also still working on the game Shadowpuppets of Java at the moment.

TIGSource seems like a great community, so I'll be sticking around Smiley

Cheers!
TheWildGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5437 on: June 27, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »

Hi,

I'm Michael Mavros, aka NamInUz.

After 10 years working on games such as The Gladiators: Galactic Circus Game, Act of War: Direct Action, Act of War High: Treason, “R.U.S.E.” and Wargame: European Escalation I've decided to leave my company to create my own indie game company: The Wild Games.

I do pretty much everything, except for music, in the game. And my First game Chickens Soccer has just been released (http://www.thewildgames.com/chickensoccer/).

I hope to launch more and more ambitious games in the future and will gratefully take all feedbacks that you could provide ^^

Have a nice sunny day.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5438 on: June 27, 2012, 08:20:54 AM »

I do pretty much everything, except for music, in the game. And my First game Chickens Soccer has just been released (http://www.thewildgames.com/chickensoccer/).
Welcome to the forum but your link doesn't work.

kcone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: June 27, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Nice thread all!

My name is Ken and I love games of all kinds: card games, board games, video games, etc...  I taught myself programming when I was twelve, and have been wanting to publish video games ever since.  So, 30 years later, I'm almost there.  My buddy and I started www.Coneware.com earlier this year and we are going to make XBLIGs in our spare time.
My day job is with the same company I started with 20 years ago, where I've done everything from write software in FORTH, C, Assy to design single board computers and business processes.  Bored yet?  If so, visit us on www.Facebook.com/Coneware.  It will soon be much more interesting.   Wink
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic