Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 10:36:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The grumpy old programmer room
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 295
Print
Author Topic: The grumpy old programmer room  (Read 740276 times)
RedKnight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: October 29, 2012, 09:38:51 AM »

Somehow Anim8or (well you hate me  Tongue..) or any 3d modeling doesn't click to me
or the 3d design process doesn't feel right since I've spend so many time on codes.

anyone who can recommend me or have experience with 3d artist?

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: October 31, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »

There's a URI class and there's a Uri class  Lips Sealed
R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3682 on: October 31, 2012, 04:36:23 AM »

In which language oO

impulse9
« Reply #3683 on: November 01, 2012, 05:47:55 AM »

Spend the last few days fixing a bug that wasn't there. Apoplectic Damn compilers and their sea of options.
zez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »

... my ISP decided too blacklist my PHP server well Im working on a web game... I can still access it through a proxy, but now I need too either change all calls too the server in game too use a proxy, find a new php server, or assume that everyone with the same ISP as me will run the game through a proxy....
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 01, 2012, 07:45:20 PM »

In which language oO

Java does URI. Android, which uses Java does Uri. I guess it's to separate the two, but they should've called it something visually different like URI2. Or used the exact same name if they were not meant to be used side-by-side. Not really a serious problem, but makes me Lips Sealed
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 01, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

Eclipse... That is all

IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 01, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »

Eclipse... That is all
I... don't understand. Eclipse has been the best IDE I've ever used. Will it soon betray me? Am I unaware of the hell my life is soon to become?

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: November 01, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »

c++ is better than c#
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: November 01, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »

Eclipse... That is all
I... don't understand. Eclipse has been the best IDE I've ever used. Will it soon betray me? Am I unaware of the hell my life is soon to become?

It's certainly very good, but there are a hell lot of infuriating things about it. For more details: http://ihateeclipse.com/

I spent half of wednesday just trying to get Eclipse to run faster. It's got a lot of features, but sometimes those features get in the way.
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: November 01, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »

I started using eclipse, and apparently one bug that caused the model vertices to be loaded wrong which caused me to rewrite the whole obj loader and then notice that it's just the wrong formatting of the obj file (which I fixed while trying to solve this problem)

also it freaks out when it tries to get the methods or variables of a class when I put a dot after it

I miss Netbeans but Eclipse is more portable and makes some stuffs easier

gaaah
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »

Eclipse... That is all

I dont HATE it but it is certainly my least favorite IDE. Here's a couple things that annoy me.

1)When I start it up and then use the dot operator to get a class method. The intellisense has taken up to 30 seconds to build.

2)When I hold ctrl it goes into some kind of link mode so when I'm copying and pasting text (usually building a shape in OGL for testing) 1/3 times my mouse is hovering over the instance and I end up going into that class and pasting the code somewhere in there.

3)Perspectives. I'm working in python and java in cclipse right now. Sometimes I forget to change teh perspective.

4)The debg perspective.

5)The default size of the code window. I'm constantly closing panels to see more code.

Anyways as I said. I dont hate it but I would prefer to use almost anything else.

impulse9
« Reply #3692 on: November 02, 2012, 05:28:38 AM »

Don't forget about the messy project/solution system. Try to remove a project from your solution. Oh, that's right, you can't! You need to _delete_ it. And even though the files stay on the disk, it still makes sense to call the operation delete, right? Try to open a project. Something that is absolutely essential in any sensible IDE, it takes a group of rocket scientists to pull it off in Eclipse. The whole thing is messy beyond repair. Whoever was in charge of UX when they were making this thing, well I hope he got fired. Not that it helps, anyway. The damage is already done.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: November 02, 2012, 05:33:03 AM »

Also for some reason eclipse SVN flat out wont acknowledge the existance of obj models. It will however happily commit their accompanying mtl files.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 02, 2012, 05:34:06 AM »

last one. I promise. Sometimes it randomly breaks in debug mode because an exception is thrown but there is no indication of it in the log. It just looks like it's breaking for no reason :/

zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3695 on: November 02, 2012, 05:36:19 AM »

Also for some reason eclipse SVN flat out wont acknowledge the existance of obj models. It will however happily commit their accompanying mtl files.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Probably thinks they're object files (like .o)

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 02, 2012, 05:37:04 AM »

So, if using Eclipse to code is like having to play Dark Souls to code, why does everyone use it?  Do you just like being angry? Tongue
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: November 02, 2012, 05:45:37 AM »

I dont use it personally but the company I work for uses it. If I were programming in Java I would use Netbeans over Eclipse. Or notepad.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3698 on: November 02, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »

So, if using Eclipse to code is like having to play Dark Souls to code, why does everyone use it?

GOOD QUESTION.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 02, 2012, 09:02:19 AM »

Because dark souls is somehow fun
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 295
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic