Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 10:20:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWARBITS - Classic Turn-Based Strategy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: WARBITS - Classic Turn-Based Strategy  (Read 69512 times)
Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »

Also, I just realized the map above is shaped like Texas. Giggle
Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2014, 11:05:08 PM »

I like the look of the map and icons a lot.

I am not sure about the airport icon though. This could be easier to identify. Maybe add some radar dish or something?

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2014, 12:28:55 AM »

As small as these will be on the phone, the structures really need to pop off the terrain.

A white square with rounded corners behind them would make them stand out even more..
Sorta like an app icon.

The airfield really needs a tower or something heavily associated with airports.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2014, 07:03:05 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

If you look at the old icon set, you'll see it's much more traditional. Airports, cities, and factories all look like what you would expect. As Photon pointed out, the old icons didn't reflect what is actually in our game.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »

Yeah I makes more sense that way, but it's still problematic if you can't easily recognize the airport as an airport.

Maybe the issue is really that all the buildings sorta make the same silhouette, like a shoe, although the airport might be a slipper :D.

Vanhail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »

Well it will be recognizable as a Warbits airport. Now back away from the icons! Wink They look good!

Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »

The airport reminds me of a helipad, actually. Maybe that motif could make its way in there?

Well it will be recognizable as a Warbits airport. Now back away from the icons! Wink They look good!

No.  No No NO

Kicking butt through gentle criticism is what I do best, hm?
Vanhail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »

I'm currently grappling with the Support Module of our AI. This covers the logic required for transporting and resupplying units. This is one of the more complicated modules as it involves a lot of cooperation between different types of units. I ended up putting together a flow chart to help wrap my head around it. This may also just be a clever way for me to procrastinate.

Vanhail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2014, 09:40:19 AM »

AI in GIF form.

HughSJ
Level 1

'allo there

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2014, 06:15:08 PM »

Hey guys-- really enjoying the work you've shown on the game so far. I've got a lot of buddies with Advance Wars shaped holes in their hearts, so I'm sure there's plenty of excitement for this one.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

If you look at the old icon set, you'll see it's much more traditional. Airports, cities, and factories all look like what you would expect. As Photon pointed out, the old icons didn't reflect what is actually in our game.

Just wanted to add that I really appreciate all the work and careful consideration you've been putting into the UI and iconography for the game. It's one of those things which, while not 'mission critical' per se, goes a loooong way toward making players more comfortable playing your game. You guys have a great sense of craft, just wanted to throw that out there
 Gentleman

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2014, 08:23:22 AM »

Thanks, that really means a lot! I obsess over this kinda stuff, which can make it hard on Joe and myself (mostly Joe).
We could have launched this game with the "good enough" mentality ages ago.
On the flip side I need to get better at recognizing "good enough" or else I sit there spinning my tires.

In other news, the unit info is now in game.

Needs a few tweaks but I'm pretty happy with it.

Here's a screenshot because that gif kinda looks like ass.

Readability on the terrain info will be better once we upgrade to Cocos 2.1 and can desaturate the area behind the pull out drawers.

laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »

I absolutely cannot wait to buy this game.  Hand Money Left Addicted Hand Money Right

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
StCredZero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2014, 02:17:48 PM »

It's like I can RTS on the Toejam & Earl Earth!
Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »

Poke.
tieTYT
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »

I love the graphics.  How does the temperature come into play?

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! Were still plugging away, just haven't had many visual updates lately. Y'know how it goes.

@ tieTYT, currently the temperature just sits up there and looks pretty. Eventually it will shift and give you a hint that there might be a weather change in the next few turns.

So in other news, I reworked the campaign map because I wanted to go with a more classic map approach instead of the angry birds style list of levels. Here's what the full map looks like at the moment. (Not every star will be a mission)

And here's an in game mockup. Gonna mess with that bottom bar some more, I haven't had a chance to revisit it yet.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2014, 09:32:21 AM »

I just wanted to chime in and say how awesome this is looking! Also I wanted to comment so I could follow progress.

I really love TBS, is this something you're considering bringing to desktop too? Sorry if you've been asked and answered that earlier

Newin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2014, 09:38:45 AM »

Omg omg omg omg !!!
It's so cool !!! You are an artistic sense so f***** awesome ! Gentleman
Every image is a delight! Don't stop ahah !

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2014, 10:31:58 AM »

@triplevisiongames, thanks! No plans to bring this to PC currently. We have had a lot of interest in android support though, so that's something we may consider after we launch on iOS.

@Newin, thanks! Means a lot! I've been enjoying your progress on DumbWarrior. I think we have similar aesthetic tastes.

Also, I've uploaded a couple iPhone 5 backgrounds to our tumblr if anyone is interested.

http://riskygames.tumblr.com/post/91371535865/iphone-5-wallpapers

spinaljack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »

Love the cute graphics, reminds me of advance wars.
Keep up the good work.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic