Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:24:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)We need a programmer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: We need a programmer  (Read 28377 times)
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »

You're actively pushing those guys, aren't you? Tongue

I'm still holding my breath for the precise moment at which this turns into the "best indie game ever". I wonder if they will use that as their title...
Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2008, 08:21:46 PM »

As much shit as JForce gets (and deserves), this game might end up being a semi-fun diversion.  I think games like this are a good argument for free ware on community arcade.  If JForce was making a free flash game of this quality it could have a decent amount of plays.  I doubt many people will actually buy it for even $2.50.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »

I think the videos are pretty entertaining and fun to watch.  Does nobody else get the fact that they aren't serious about it being the best indie game ever?  I thought their sarcasm was pretty obvious .  Impossible, I don't see how you can judge how much people will pay for it since we have no idea what its going to be like.  Right now they only have a very basic framework, most games at the very core look something like this.

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »

Impossible, I don't see how you can judge how much people will pay for it since we have no idea what its going to be like.  Right now they only have a very basic framework, most games at the very core look something like this.
It was a somewhat negative post, although probably more positive than most that are JForce related Smiley.  My comment wasn't based on their current demos\early development. I'm extrapolating what the final game will look like (if it gets done...) based on a combination of these early demos, the team's experience and skill level and the planned features and design they've posted on their website and on various forums.  Who knows, maybe these dudes will surprise us all?  I doubt it though. 
Zaphos
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2008, 10:41:54 PM »

If people want to follow a regular series, they can do that on their own.  No need to pointlessly revive this thread every week.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2008, 02:12:46 AM »

Thanks rinkuhero Smiley

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2008, 02:56:27 AM »

If people want to follow a regular series, they can do that on their own.  No need to pointlessly revive this thread every week.

It's not pointless if people are still discussing it (this is a forum, no?). Besides, if it bothers you, couldn't you just not read the thread?

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2008, 06:40:04 AM »

It was a somewhat negative post, although probably more positive than most that are JForce related Smiley.  My comment wasn't based on their current demos\early development. I'm extrapolating what the final game will look like (if it gets done...) based on a combination of these early demos, the team's experience and skill level and the planned features and design they've posted on their website and on various forums.  Who knows, maybe these dudes will surprise us all?  I doubt it though. 

Oh okay yeah, I see what you mean I share the similar feelings as well.  While it doesn't look like we will see anything really innovative or new it at least seems that they'll at least end up with a playable game and if not at least they created some good entertainment along the way. Thanks for posting up the updates rinkuhero. I think the title screen looks pretty good especially for just starting it.  Well see how the rest of the game goes.

Zaphos
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2008, 11:28:53 AM »

It's not pointless if people are still discussing it (this is a forum, no?). Besides, if it bothers you, couldn't you just not read the thread?
It just seemed odd to have a human rss feed ... sorry, I guess there's no problem with it.  Carry on  Embarrassed
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »

Understandable. I'll try to make a comment on each video if I update this again.

About episode four -- I found it funny that they ripped Halo 3 art for it, when they could easily have used placeholders or had their artist come up with something...

Also, this series makes me wish the people I work on games with lived near each other, so we could create a video like this. It seems fun.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2008, 12:40:40 PM »

Also, this series makes me wish the people I work on games with lived near each other, so we could create a video like this. It seems fun.

Agreed. I wouldn't even want to make a video, but just sitting in the same room, bouncing ideas off each other and jamming on a game... that must be very nice.

Actually I had that several years ago when I made a game with my brother. Thinking about it, that must have been some 7 years ago already Shocked Unfortunately that was the last such endeavor...
mewse
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2008, 04:52:03 PM »

About episode four -- I found it funny that they ripped Halo 3 art for it, when they could easily have used placeholders or had their artist come up with something...

Interesting.  They rip Halo 3 art, then video their game footage which uses that ripped art, then upload that video to the Internet as an advertisement for themselves and their game.

Wonder if anybody's ever explained the concept of copyrights to them.
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2008, 05:40:32 PM »

Interesting.  They rip Halo 3 art, then video their game footage which uses that ripped art, then upload that video to the Internet as an advertisement for themselves and their game.

You're taking them seriously.

Don't.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2008, 12:44:16 AM »

mainly they're a bunch of guys that act like teenagers, it's just good to make a laugh watching how bad their game is  Grin Wink

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
JFizzleisBACK
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2008, 02:30:50 AM »

I don't really feel comfortable posting here since I'm supposed to be "bant," but I want to respond to some of these comments.

Part of me agrees with this sentiment, though of course I certainly appreciate Rinku posting the updates. Just as long as nobody thinks I'm secretly paying him under the table. Shocked

This was just something Jonny did on his own. Definitely wasn't necessary, but I guess he just wanted his prototype to look good when he showed it off to us.

Oh c'mon. I could go email this video, along with a plea to be sued, to all of Bungie & Microsoft staff and I guarantee you absolutely no litigation would take place. But hey, prove me wrong. I WANT to be sued. That'll be good for publicity.  Grin

I'm still holding my breath for the precise moment at which this turns into the "best indie game ever". I wonder if they will use that as their title...
Just wait, it's coming. Perhaps it will be at the 2010 IGF. And actually I have thought about that being the title of our game. Either that or "Unforgettable Warriors of Ultimate Destruction" or "13 Ways to Kick Ass" ...(there's 13 characters).

it's just good to make a laugh watching how bad their game is
OUR GAME IS GONNA BE EXTREMELY AWESOME AND EXTREME.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 02:42:48 AM by JFizzleisBACK » Logged
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2008, 02:39:08 AM »

I WANT to be sued.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2008, 02:55:09 AM »

I really cannot understand why people are still being dicks towards these guys.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2008, 05:46:36 AM »

I don't understand why people aer still talking about these guys. They don't deserve all that buzz.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
cmspice
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2008, 09:17:20 AM »

but this thread is funny.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »

I don't understand why people aer still talking about these guys. They don't deserve all that buzz.

Perhaps that guy does in fact know something about marketing after all Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic