Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 07:28:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Eitr - [ Action RPG ] [E3 Trailer released!]  (Read 166472 times)
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2014, 11:20:56 AM »

Ah cool, we made some adjustments to the background this morning I'm guessing the problem was at the bottom of the screen?
Yup, that was it and it's fixed now. Keep it up, guys!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2014, 02:23:29 PM »

Just saw the vid.
You guys win at gamedev. Looks great so far.
Very tense and calculated combat. I'm excited to play it

Thanks Fervir! I actually got a moment today to try out your game, I'll write what I thought about it in your thread in a sec!

Really great feedback today we've had on Eitr, PC Gamer picked up on our game and wrote about us (link) and we've got word from a certain other well known game site who will also be doing an article on Eitr. Wink

Super psyched!!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:38:46 PM by Derity » Logged

Ninja Dodo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2014, 05:46:33 AM »

Gorgeous looking game. Curious to see more.

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »

Going to attempt to be making GIF's much more often now to both post to our website and here, we've got a much better pipeline of making them now compared to what we were doing before. We're also edging towards 10K views on youtube which is pretty good I think! If you haven't looked at our site yet, heres a sample of how our cutscenes are going to look!

Think it might be time to get back to work on that snow map I was working on before...   Screamy

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2014, 04:34:23 PM »

Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 01, 2014, 11:51:16 PM »

Stress testing the amount of allowed mobs in the game until frame rate starts to drop. Helped pin point a problem  Waaagh!

There's actually a lot more than you can see in that gif  Well, hello there!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:17:01 AM by Aedous » Logged

Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2014, 12:51:18 AM »

I think this looks really awesome! The only issue I can think of is that some of the enemies seem to have tons of hp, which might be a bit dull in the long run.

Also, this kind of game would require very good controls indeed, but I imagine you got that covered. Looking forward to it!
atmos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2014, 01:28:55 AM »

Your pixel art looks really impressive. Is there a playable version?

gsengine
Level 0

Project GoldScript - Inspired by the D&D Goldbox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2014, 01:35:07 AM »

Yeah, this looks fantastic.

Reallllly hoping you have a quality composer to do music for your game, because it's going to add SO much to the already amazing atmosphere.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2014, 05:12:35 AM »

Love everything about this, and I second the sentiments in the above comment, soundtrack is key but you've created such a gripping dark world already, I think it'll be easy to be inspired, whoever composes for this.

Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2014, 05:45:01 AM »

Damn those are some skinny ass skeleton long legs. Full of blood.  Evil

Will the game have coop? Magic? Bigger and different weapons?
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2014, 07:24:49 AM »

I think this looks really awesome! The only issue I can think of is that some of the enemies seem to have tons of hp, which might be a bit dull in the long run.

Also, this kind of game would require very good controls indeed, but I imagine you got that covered. Looking forward to it!

Yeah we agree with the HP thing and we're going to be making adjustments, we haven't touched too much on things like enemy stat balancing yet, but we definitely will be. As you can see with the GIF above, the enemies die much faster, and we're stress testing having a lot more enemies in the game so we can revisit our plans for combat flow.

The game controls suprisingly well, I hope everyone feels the same when they play it, our friends and family sure do. Wink

Yeah, this looks fantastic.

Reallllly hoping you have a quality composer to do music for your game, because it's going to add SO much to the already amazing atmosphere.

Thank you Smiley. All sounds in the game right now are temporary - I made them myself and I'm no sound guru haha. We're in talks with a few composers at the moment and are still reviewing our options. I agree it could add so much, what we really want is a strong ambience and great boss / environmental music in all it's Norse goriness.

Damn those are some skinny ass skeleton long legs. Full of blood.  Evil

Will the game have coop? Magic? Bigger and different weapons?

As things develop we're listening to feedback and requests and the things you have asked are actually some of our most common questions. There will absolutely be a variety of Weapons available in the game, but as for Co-op and magic (alternate classes is one of the other very common requests) this is something we're considering but I can't give a firm answer on right now.

---

Made a new version of our Bonfire GIF as it seems to be the one everyone is linking, but the original was super old.

Will probably revisit some of those combat GIF's in the original post too soon as they're pretty old too.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 07:30:07 AM by Derity » Logged

Mattie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2014, 08:17:29 AM »

Are there going to be any other character classes or just this Shield Maiden? Don't get me wrong, she is more than awesome. But I think it'd be cool to see other characters as well especially if you're going to make Co-op for this. Some kind of barbarian maybe (Rollo?) or a Seer?  Wink
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2014, 03:34:59 PM »

Are there going to be any other character classes or just this Shield Maiden? Don't get me wrong, she is more than awesome. But I think it'd be cool to see other characters as well especially if you're going to make Co-op for this. Some kind of barbarian maybe (Rollo?) or a Seer?  Wink

*cough* *cough*

Wink

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2014, 04:15:05 PM »

just watched the new video and I LOVE it! this gets me so excited. few games nail the soulsiness more than this one.

what has kept me nervous about doing an isometric game is the challenge of animating the combat moves from so many angles, but it looks like maybe I was wrong -- this seems to work well and from whta I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) your attack animations are only done from the side. But it works beautifully.

This makes me want to take on this style of game myself!

Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2014, 07:56:01 PM »

just watched the new video and I LOVE it! this gets me so excited. few games nail the soulsiness more than this one.

what has kept me nervous about doing an isometric game is the challenge of animating the combat moves from so many angles, but it looks like maybe I was wrong -- this seems to work well and from whta I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) your attack animations are only done from the side. But it works beautifully.

This makes me want to take on this style of game myself!

Pete! Thank you! Honestly, I personally have been keeping an eye on Ghost Song, it's on my radar as a day one must have. It's awesome to hear that you like what we're doing with Eitr. Crazy

When we started making Eitr, I was worried too about the amount of animations we thought we were going to have to have and originally we were going to go for side scrolling like Golden Axe / Streets of Rage style map layout. However when we started our first map like that, it quickly became evident how it didn't tie with the game design we had in mind, we wanted at least to have some exploration, hidden paths, side content, etc...

So we decided to just test an isometric map to see how it felt, I was anticipating that it would feel completely off, having 2 directional combat with 8 directional movement (we already had the basics of our combat system built at this point) but to our complete suprise it just worked so we never looked back.

With this said, what we've found is that when the player has plenty of space to move around, it really doesn't matter which direction the map is leading them, although we are going to steer clear from vertical paths for obvious reason, in favor of more horizontal ones.

- Notice the lack of vertical paths

Just started following you on Twitter via our EitrTheGame account, will be sure to send a shout out about Ghost Song asap. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:02:08 PM by Derity » Logged

Savick
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2014, 08:03:27 PM »

You were featured today! Just thought you should know.
http://www.destructoid.com/eitr-looks-gorgeous-soulsian-in-2d-283391.phtml
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/11/03/eitr-trailer/
Derity
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2014, 12:56:56 AM »

Yeah it's really awesome the coverage we've recieved so far..  Epileptic

dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2014, 01:56:33 AM »

that trailer does look proper hot, tho. good to see the world loves this as well!
pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2014, 06:00:36 AM »

You definitely deserve it though; that trailer is just awesomesauce!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic