Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 10:29:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: ENYO - Arcade ==! FREE ON STEAM !== [2D Action] v1.4  (Read 30064 times)
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »

This is how I survive hard times during development:

Why don't I 'do a kickstarter campaign'?
Because I'd rather do it without. Things aren't always as they seem to be and taking money for unfinished work doesn't feel right to me. I want to make this game happen without pressure - the way it should be. But I still do need your support! In order to get greenlit I need your help to spread the word. Start discussions via your social networks, tell your favorite uTubers, bloggers or just tell a friend who could like it. Thanks!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2014, 03:31:56 AM »

Some jetting that I am working on:

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2014, 11:43:59 PM »

Just another day struggle... performing music without permission caught on German television.

Guess I can call myself: 'Known through German television' now...  Tired

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 06:01:16 AM »

Went through the thread. Wow, a lot of fire because of the nudity. Seems you took care of that on you site, which is nice. Not that I mind nudity. I think erotica has a very important place in human creation, but a very hot and much needed debate is taking place about gender roles and biases of all sorts and it's very hard to keep it sexy and respectful. Mostly because the dominant idea of what respectful is is kinda anachronistic to say the least. 

Apart from that I think it has a lot of atmosphere and will leave the tab open so I can play this when I stop working. If it plays as good as it looks I'm in for a treat.

Oh, and never stop posting. Sometimes we just get that little bit of energy we need to press on from a stranger's comment online. Smiley

On STEAM ยป
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2014, 06:41:58 AM »

Went through the thread. Wow, a lot of fire because of the nudity. Seems you took care of that on you site, which is nice. Not that I mind nudity. I think erotica has a very important place in human creation, but a very hot and much needed debate is taking place about gender roles and biases of all sorts and it's very hard to keep it sexy and respectful. Mostly because the dominant idea of what respectful is is kinda anachronistic to say the least.

Seriously. I get good feedback from my girlfriend, she might even pose for the game. That's all that is important to me.

Idealizing women is an issue too. Why can't girls be nasty and dirty too? Wink

Apart from that I think it has a lot of atmosphere and will leave the tab open so I can play this when I stop working. If it plays as good as it looks I'm in for a treat.

Oh, and never stop posting. Sometimes we just get that little bit of energy we need to press on from a stranger's comment online. Smiley

Thank you! Be aware that the demo is rather old, but it can hand out a feel and grasp of the gameplay (and solidness). I'm currently pulling it all together, inserting story elements and joyrides.

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 12:33:59 AM »

Aaight, I had a dream about pooping toys tonight. I think that may be a cool sign, so I'll try to update the demo for the weekend.

Current task: setting up a framework to trigger the explosions and a countdown timer to rush you through the first level. Hope that can help create some tension and relief.

Have to sort out the story levels too...

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »

Demo tested a bit, nice mood and design Smiley. Is It the game slow? or just my computer???
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2014, 01:28:51 AM »

Demo tested a bit, nice mood and design Smiley. Is It the game slow? or just my computer???

Thank you! What's your system? I am aiming for 60Hz on mid-range consumer notebooks as minimum.

The demo had some fuckups in the code (too many updates and the software mouse), but it should be better with the next version. (But also a bit more demanding since I've implemented a few full screen pixel shaders now.)

I've recently redesigned the background tiles and haven't shown that yet so:

And the countdown is now working as intended:

Next explosion triggers... *bOOm*

skittlefuck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2014, 01:35:53 AM »

Whoaaaa, those are some crazy awesome tiles! Already digging the feel for the game that these screen shots are showing.

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 02:09:05 AM »

Whoaaaa, those are some crazy awesome tiles! Already digging the feel for the game that these screen shots are showing.

Thanks! I can't wait to thrust you all through these places I've built and expect some driving minimalistic electronic beats at ~ 120bpm in some parts as well als some great synth Drones/Stabs/AudioFeedback...

Here is the Boombastic'a'Setup:

Should work... just all pretty messy...
I prepared an instance for explosions Containing: AudioX2(so doubble explosions don't overlap)/Particles/SreenShake and triggerNext(if linked) at level start, then I can just trigger as many of them as I want by just passing x/y coordinates to that class to trigger them... using stereo proximity with the audio btw... Wink

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »

Heya, I've just updated the demo with a whole lot of new stuff...

I would love to know how it performs on your systems. Since I have added some fullscreen shader fx and have not yet quite optimized the whole thing.

http://www.dev-zoo.net/ZoO/index.php/projects/5-enyo-arcade

how does it feel?

Thank you!

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2014, 12:52:31 AM »

There is a demo testing thread over here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=37432.0 to help keep the feedback sorted.

They seem to have found some cake in the game, give it a shot! Wink

And I've still got a ton of work to do once I get back home. Tired

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2014, 12:24:39 AM »

Back to making some audio. Any suggestions on what you would like to hear driving the game? My plan is to use ambient soundscapes with some synth-stabs and pound im some minimal electronic 120bpm beats for certain action scenes maybe with a little *wop*wop* ... still using the Operator-1 portable synthesizer for this Wink

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2014, 03:49:10 AM »

Thank you! What's your system? I am aiming for 60Hz on mid-range consumer notebooks as minimum.

The demo had some fuckups in the code (too many updates and the software mouse), but it should be better with the next version. (But also a bit more demanding since I've implemented a few full screen pixel shaders now.)

AMD Athlon X2 6000+, GForce GT 630, 5GB DDR2

Yep, directly from the past hardware (except the graphic card Tongue). Maybe the processor is the bottleneck?  But seriously, I don't know if you want to provide a slow gameplay feeling, maybe It's just my subjetive opinion and no an optimization problem Smiley
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2014, 10:49:49 AM »

AMD Athlon X2 6000+, GForce GT 630, 5GB DDR2

Yep, directly from the past hardware (except the graphic card Tongue). Maybe the processor is the bottleneck?  But seriously, I don't know if you want to provide a slow gameplay feeling, maybe It's just my subjetive opinion and no an optimization problem Smiley

It should not feel slow. Do you have the same problem with the newer version of the demo?
would be nice to know, if you have the time! Because it should run at 60fps on your machine and pretty fast moves... =/

Johnman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »

Nice graphics and very interesting sound design. I didn't want to install Air, but what the hell Hand Metal Right

Anyway, the control scheme is kind of weird. I'd rather use the arrow keys.

Well keep an eye on this!
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2014, 11:57:28 AM »

Nice graphics and very interesting sound design. I didn't want to install Air, but what the hell Hand Metal Right

Anyway, the control scheme is kind of weird. I'd rather use the arrow keys.

Well keep an eye on this!

I'd rather go without air too... I've read somewhere that I could bundle a working version of Air with a captive runtime or something... I wonder if and how that works?! Anyone know about that?

Ow, and glad you liked it, I'll be doing my best to keep that level and make it better. And I will put in a few more controls, currenty I'm ignoring left handed players =(

I think I may have to take out the pixelbender shaders again too since they slow down the drawtime like hell on notebooks, but work fine on my workstation Cry

Hope the performance was good for you otherwise... seriously wondering what would be my next engine of choice. I thought about porting this game a few times but in the end I choose to finish what I started and try to make the most out of what I've got. Allready half insane from this...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 12:03:11 PM by c023-DeV » Logged

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »

a sweet little review on the demo:

http://www.alphabetagamer.com/enyo-arcade-pre-alpha-demo/

thanks!

EverydayDreamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »

Honestly, regarding the character design, I think you should go with what you want. I think it's good for ppl to share their feedback and such, but it really depends on the kinda world u wanna go for. As long as you are aware of the impression it makes, and have a purpose for it, id say do what ya want. People like and hate different things, so there's only so much point in listening to ppl saying "change this". In your teaser with the practically naked chick, i was just curious about the vibe more than focused on her near-nakedness, personally. That isnt a selling point for me so I ended up focusing on the tone. It's hard to place, but something about it reminded me of those MTV animated show worlds like the Max,or Aeon Flux n Spicy City. Like the world is just a dirty place. That could be a reason in itself.

I guess all im sayin is developers should be completely free to do as they wish, and while people can suggest freely, it seems wrong for people to just demand changes. Different folks different visions

c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2014, 11:45:36 PM »

Honestly, regarding the character design, I think you should go with what you want. I think it's good for ppl to share their feedback and such, but it really depends on the kinda world u wanna go for. As long as you are aware of the impression it makes, and have a purpose for it, id say do what ya want. People like and hate different things, so there's only so much point in listening to ppl saying "change this". In your teaser with the practically naked chick, i was just curious about the vibe more than focused on her near-nakedness, personally. That isnt a selling point for me so I ended up focusing on the tone. It's hard to place, but something about it reminded me of those MTV animated show worlds like the Max,or Aeon Flux n Spicy City. Like the world is just a dirty place. That could be a reason in itself.

I guess all im sayin is developers should be completely free to do as they wish, and while people can suggest freely, it seems wrong for people to just demand changes. Different folks different visions

Very accurate! Thank you, you nailed it! And yes Aeon Flux is a great inspiration! I grew up in dirt and don't mind harsh opinions since our dirt, dust and rust are only temporary. It's the trees I look for when I move through this world. And this game deals with a lot of topics beneath it's simple surface. I won't blame anyone for not wanting to look at the ugly but their nightmares won't stop me from moving either.  Beer!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic