Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411653 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:33:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject gnh20. English letsplay added
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23
Print
Author Topic: Project gnh20. English letsplay added  (Read 91064 times)
Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »

This looks beautiful. I actually read a devlog for once and it seems like you have some nice design to back it up. I'll definitely be following this intently Smiley

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2012, 05:25:45 AM »

toast_trip, good ideas! Not all can be implemented, but the direction to think about you prompted to me.

The idea of ​​these scrolls including the fact that the player did not immediately notice the changes. But then he comes back, and there ohh!

Ohh!

None of my ideas are practical, ever. I just prompt directions. Ideas are bland. Directions can grow.
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »

Pemanent
Gentleman  Coffee

-------------

Today has significantly improved shadows and lighting.

The picture became clearer. If you do not see the difference, look at the roots. There is a difference more noticeable.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »

Really like the shadow and lighting on the ladder.

You planning on updating the test build again?

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2012, 02:35:10 AM »

Really like the shadow and lighting on the ladder.

You planning on updating the test build again?
Thank you.

Of course, planning.
But not soon, I want to accumulate a lot of changes.

-------------

To all.

I am sad that there is no feedback on the gameplay. Although the topic here has been a significant time.

Perhaps, seeing the screenshots, the visitors think: yeah, this is another sandbox. What is there may be interesting? Craft and construction?

No, gentlemen, craft and construction are present in the game. But they are not the basis of the gameplay.

In general, I am down that no one has tried the gameplay.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2012, 07:15:54 AM »

The graphics are great, and I like the block physics so far. I think I like the feel of the entire game world only moving when you do, but It's a bit tough to play because of the stilted movement. It's pretty easy to die from a fall, which forces you to restart, which makes it a bit harder to explore and look around. I think you should keep falling damage, but maybe only fairly large distances should kill you?

Anyway, it's pretty good so far!

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »

SolarLune, I was just about it and said: no one was playing. Run, drive half a minute, shut down.

Your experience - it's not a playing.

I'm very interested to hear even one who has played for several hours.

But anyway, thank you for your feedback.  Beer!
waxx
Level 1

head to the right

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

Where can I find the best build? I would totally play this.

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2012, 01:35:57 PM »

Here is a fresh build: http://rghost.net/39033162

Here is a brief list of the features of this build:

Living things:
1. Dwarfs are building underground mines under the earth, the treasury, portals and the houses.
2. They extracted the ores, powder, marble and malachite, create artifacts. All of this store.
3. The sect of underground scientists, fire bombs, not friendly.
4. Other living beings, and peace, and warlike. Lizards, spiders, bunnies.
5. Living clots of lava and water oozy. There may be a useful and dangerous.
6. Rare stone live octopus. They have tentacles, composed of stone.
7. Walking trees on the surface.
8. Different demons, devils, called by dwarfs. Including the Named Lords of demons.
9. Lords of the demons in his free time engaged in underground gardening. The trees are planted.

Natural phenomena:
10. Volcanoes. Deep under the earth, they give rise to the stones and bursting with lava flows.
11. Floods. Often fatal to those who fear the water creatures.
12. Earthquakes, which create fissures in the rock, changing terrain.
13. Trees of different species. Grow, multiply the seeds, and die.
14. The build-up and collapse of unstable objects, the aging of different materials.
15. The formation pressure and temperature of ore. Different, depending on conditions.

The protagonist features and magic:
16. The player can build a furnace, forge, grinding machine.
17. Build houses, stairs and doors. Use wood, brick, marble and malachite.
18. Create a teleporter in the map.
19. Create a teleporter out to the next map.
20. Player can plant and cut trees, dig up the ground and can be sandstone.
21. There is a craft. Picks, swords and so on.
22. Mined with picks rare solid materials, chest cracking.
23. Equipped with the sword hero fighting with the enemies.
24. Shoes allow the player to jumping.
25. The player can create a large drill that can drill deep.
26. The player can create a resonator, which would bring down the soil and rock.
27. There is a recipe for creating a staff, which surrounds the enemies of rabbits, giving the player time to escape.
28. If the player has the Unpredictable Scrolls, he will be able to read them. The effect is slightly predictable. This transformation of beings, and the transformation of materials, and teleportation, and the movement of volcanoes, and other ominous changes in the world.
29. Underground dwarfs, if they have these scrolls can read them before the fight.
30. Almost all of the creatures can multiply and die of old age, and events.
31. Being under certain conditions, increase the level and become stronger. Infants thus always zero.
32. Writing, saving the game requires a special items, these items run out, so save game less often. Those items can be found in the dwarfs chests.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:42:16 PM by sb3dgraph » Logged
waxx
Level 1

head to the right

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »

Okay, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
I tried playing the build from few days ago (first page), however constant FPS lag even on my high-end PC and the fact that my character was bugged [?] and displayed as an orange box AND that the envirovment kept loading in during my movement made me exit the game quite quickly. Hopefully new build will actually let me play and rate the gameplay :/

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »

waxx, if you interested in graphics, you can do not even download the new build. Because interest is not will be more or less from the fact that the protagonist is no longer the orange square.

Similarly, it makes no sense to expect smooth graphics or cancellation stepping mode.

Again, the interest in this project will NOT in graphics and not in the animation. So do not wait for them and do not download game for it.
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2012, 06:57:19 PM »

Okay, I tried the latest build, and like everyone else has said, the graphics and lighting are really great, but the inventory doesn't look that good.  I know that it is probably temporary, like the hero's death sprite.  It could also be more organized.  For example, all the create options could be together, and all the use options could be in another place, maybe different tabs and stuff, because now they are just in one big list.

I also think getting wood was a too easy, because I only cut down a few trees and had a couple thousand.

What this game needs is a good tutorial or a wiki, it would help a lot.  I tried to get started, but got stuck because I don't know how to get stone blocks, and I couldn't mine the limestone.  This game looks very promising, so I want to give it another try, but can't until I figure out how to get stone.  Limited saves is a very cool idea too.

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2012, 01:17:54 AM »

Pixelulsar, thank you for your feedback.

List of action really is not ideal. But agree that you are not so often used it.

Limestone is really not possible to dig by hand. But why do you dig it? This game is not about digging. But about investigation of caves. But the limestone is possible to dig with a pick.

Tutorial course would help. But if I am adding a new feature to the game will make its description in the tutorial - I'll be adding this feature twice as long. This means that in the game will half less the features.
Is this a good solution?

I do not want to offend you, but you probably picked up the queen, pawn, looked the other figures. But you do not play chess.
In other words, you do not feel the gameplay of this project.

But anyway thank you for your feedback.  Gentleman
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2012, 06:45:38 AM »

Tutorial course would help. But if I am adding a new feature to the game will make its description in the tutorial - I'll be adding this feature twice as long. This means that in the game will half less the features.
Is this a good solution?

No, you are right a tutorial will take too much time.  Still, I want to play the game, so how do you get stone?  Do you find it in caves?

By the way, my laptop is not that good, and the game preformed fine on it other then when saving and loading.

Edit:
Found out how to get stone, and I like the idea that you are forced to go into caves, and you can't just mine straight down.  It makes the game more fun.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:30:47 AM by Pixelulsar » Logged

sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »

Pixelulsar, for a normal game you're right: a tutorial - it is always good. But in this project I really want to do a lot of the mechanics of the world and features. So here is the solution: the player perceives the world from their own experience. And not through the tutorial.

And yes, I am happy, that finally can achieve good performance. Tears of Joy If you ran the previous version, you could see, how slowly the game working.

Added:
If you play long enough in the project, I am very interested to hear a description of your adventures.

What have you met in the caves? What are the difficulties encountered?

To all.
Gentlemen, I think about to create dialogue in the game.
Do you have any thoughts on this?

1. Trying to do a generation of quests?
2. Or make a set of hand-made, high-quality quests?
3. Or not to do quests? May be you think they not needed in the genre of "Explore and survive"?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:20:47 AM by sb3dgraph » Logged
sk2k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »

Ok, this looks interesting. I will try it on the weekend and report back.
Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »

If you play long enough in the project, I am very interested to hear a description of your adventures.

What have you met in the caves? What are the difficulties encountered?

I really love the danger bombs underground.  I blocked one off so it wouldn't hurt me, and when it exploded into lava, I didn't get hit.  It caused a cave in, so I was stuck in a tiny cave, and didn't have a pickaxe, so I had to load my save.

The only things I've seen in caves so far are; lava, water, lizards, and danger bombs.  Trying to find enough copper to make a pickaxe.

Edit:
Wow, you only get a few uses out of a pickaxe.  That is a good idea because it stops people from mining and forces them to explore caves, like you wanted.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:51:34 AM by Pixelulsar » Logged

sk2k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2012, 11:43:40 AM »

To all.
Gentlemen, I think about to create dialogue in the game.
Do you have any thoughts on this?

1. Trying to do a generation of quests?
2. Or make a set of hand-made, high-quality quests?
3. Or not to do quests? May be you think they not needed in the genre of "Explore and survive"?

I think it needs some goals/quests (generated?) to keep it interesting in the long run. How about artifacts in the caves you have to find? How about other lone explorers in the caves, some of them friendly or hostile? So many possibilities. Smiley
sb3dgraph
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »

Ok, this looks interesting. I will try it on the weekend and report back.
Thank you. I will wait with interest your experience.

How about artifacts in the caves you have to find? How about other lone explorers in the caves, some of them friendly or hostile? So many possibilities. Smiley
That is, in the final game you would like to see the quests? Ok!

I'll be glad to hear your opinion once again, if you try the game.
Because when you're better understanding of what and how in the game, you can better see, what is need in the project.

Beer!

Pixelulsar, now that's a real gaming experience! Thank you!

So, you yourself understand what and how to obtain, understand the craft and construction. Cool!

If you would desire to play again, and descend into the cave, then write a description of what happened with you.

Thank you!

I really do not have enough eye on the part! Therefore, and this is the word to all, a description of your gaming experience I need!

Of course, the important long and serious gaming experience. Describe the experience like "walk, do not understand, fell and died," not worth it. Smiley
Recs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2012, 01:07:42 AM »

I know you won't really like my experience, but I did just walk, die some times from falling and explored some caves.

I played for a little bit, maybe 20-30 minutes. and I will play again.

but my first impression was:

-the first resources (wood, some coal, clay) are very easy to get, but other resources either I couldn't find them or couldn't collect (stone and such). so I think the game needs some explanation to begin with or a wiki to show what your first steps should be. a quest system might help with the first quests being a sort of tutorial ("build a pick", "find resource x", and so on). if you plan on adding dialogue/friendly npcs, maybe you can start in a friendly village that gives tutorial quests (optional) and when you are done you move on to explore the worlds on you own.

-some of the dirt and rocks fell and some didn't. some also fell even if I had connected them by building wooden planks. is there a way to understand what is going to fall or is it ompletely random? my last death was because the bridge I built fell while I was on it.

-is there a way to check health? do you have to eat? there should be a way to check the status of the hero if it is relevant, otherwise it is fine as it is (if there is no hunger and no hitpoints, only one-hit deaths).

-since you ask why players dig even if it's not what you intended, it's because other games trained us to dig to get resources and explore. if that isn't what we are supposed to do, there should be a way to point us in the right direction.

-the interface for the inventory and actions needs some work, but I think you already know this. maybe you can hide the actions we don't have the requisites for (missing materials and so on) and reorganize the menu.

that's about it for now, I only saw bunnies as other lifeforms, the caves seem pretty empty for now, I don't know how deep I should go, after a few minutes of "more of the same" I climbed back up to the surface. a ladder would be a nice alternative to the wood planks making cave exploration less clunky. maybe a rope ladder that requires some other resource and not wood so that you would need to explore the surface first and then go in the caves. the graphics are really nice and only need some polish from a few glitches, I liked that the game is turn based, not a problem except for the falling stones (it is easy for now to step on things that are about to fall and not have a turn to run away).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic