Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 06:14:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
Print
Author Topic: TIGSTWG VII: Annihilation [GAME OVER: HUMANS AND THIEF WIN] - Killville Vol. 8  (Read 88800 times)
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 27, 2008, 12:29:33 AM »

cyber95: What's that made from, Seer-dough? Wink
Gainsworthy's hair, actually. I noticed this effect when he came in for some pie after a shave next door and a bit of hair fell onto the bagel I was going to eat. Luckily I ate it AFTER he left.  Started taking Gainsworthy's hair whenever he got a shave after that.

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: July 27, 2008, 12:38:13 AM »

cyber95: Would hate to see what would have happened if my character's hair had fallen into the dough. I can imagine it now:

You have eaten one of cyber95's pastries. It was delicious. It makes you want to sing. And talk. Talk at great, great length. And make up crazy-ass theories about where the monsters in the town are.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 27, 2008, 12:44:23 AM »

Shocked

You were eating my hair? You were making bagels with my hair? Is that why you've always been so nice to me? Who else has been using my stuff as a resource? And are you all as crazy as I am?
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 27, 2008, 12:55:29 AM »

Haha, the hair dough is crazy but an excellent idea. I think the map is really an enormous improvement and hope it will be used in future games.

The turrets really need to be streamlined to speed up the voting on the design - maybe a grid based map would help.

increpare
« Reply #624 on: July 27, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »

gg guys  Evil
increpare
« Reply #625 on: July 27, 2008, 01:17:49 AM »

- Important that when someone uses a special (eg. Martyr, Medium, item use), the host posts the effects every time, so that you know that what someone claims is happening, is actually happening.
There is historical precedent for this not being the case; I think two-to-three games ago (maybe four even... I can't recall) terry tried this out.  I wasn't a fan of it at first, but now I am okay with it. 
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: July 27, 2008, 01:43:37 AM »

hroon: Yeah, the map was pretty cool wasn't it. Smiley I could never do such a thing myself, I don't have mad pixel skillz. Wink Grid-based turrets could make it easier. I also described a simple turret ruleset earlier (post-game-end), it might interest you.

increpare: I can't quite follow what you're saying? Re special use: You disagree, Terry tried out always announcing, you didn't like it but now you do? Or did I misunderstand?

chutup: So what were your ninja abilties?

increpare
« Reply #627 on: July 27, 2008, 01:50:02 AM »

increpare: I can't quite follow what you're saying? Re special use: You disagree, Terry tried out always announcing, you didn't like it but now you do? Or did I misunderstand?
I meant that terry falsely claimed to be a seer a while ago (using bold text and everything).  Tricked some people, but got lynched very shortly after.  I wasn't too sure what I thought of that at the time (up until then, I always thought of bold text within a werewolf game as being incorruptible and generally sacred), but I'm used to it now.  Does that make any more sense?
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #628 on: July 27, 2008, 03:31:45 AM »

Good game. Gentleman

I'd like to point out that Xion didn't wait for us wolves to make a kill on one night Sad

It's totally OK, but you know, we'da probably won otherwise :D

It's time for Beer!, everyone. To the pub!

olücæbelel
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: July 27, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »

increpare: Yes, I read the transcript on that one, more than once actually. Smiley It was an interesting mix of luck and skill. Particularly impressive though was when he persuaded the real Seer they may not be legitimate. Smiley

The way I've taken it (having played in only this one but read a couple of dozen) is that you can claim pretty-much anything you like, as long as it's within the rules and you don't let it get personal. You only know things are real when the host says they are. Hence my suggestion. One thing I'm thinking of is earlier in the game when I was told by the "Seer" that Xotes was a vampire, then Xotes suddenly said "I'm the Medium" followed by something like "oh, I can't contact them at the moment". Under the circumstances, I first thought he was bluffing.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 27, 2008, 03:39:19 AM »

chutup: So what were your ninja abilties?

I could kill anyone I pleased once per night. Like a serial killer who's on the human team. It could have been pretty powerful but I'm usually pretty indecisive (such as when I was vigilante last game) so I probably wouldn't have used the power to its full potential.

Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: July 27, 2008, 03:52:43 AM »

I could kill anyone I pleased once per night. Like a serial killer who's on the human team. It could have been pretty powerful but I'm usually pretty indecisive (such as when I was vigilante last game) so I probably wouldn't have used the power to its full potential.

Holy crap, that is powerful. If you survived and the Seer found you, they could feed you names daily without either of you needing to reveal publicly. Heck, one tactic could have been to say, on day one: "Hi. I'm a ninja who gets one kill a night. Guardian, protect me. Seer, view me to verify my story." Of course, that assumes there was a GA and Seer, and they believed you enough to give you the benefit on day one.

It seems you were an auto-fire night vigilante. Smiley

Still can't believe our loss on the first day!
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 27, 2008, 04:02:11 AM »

Good thing I didn't find you first. After getting over my fear of contacting you (like when I thought Garthy was processing the werewolve's kills as food   Shocked), it pretty much would involve me telling Chutup to kill EVERYBODY, then wondering why the villians became good guys overnight. 

I meant that terry falsely claimed to be a seer a while ago (using bold text and everything).  Tricked some people, but got lynched very shortly after.  I wasn't too sure what I thought of that at the time (up until then, I always thought of bold text within a werewolf game as being incorruptible and generally sacred), but I'm used to it now.  Does that make any more sense?

That was a boss showdown. Only took a few hours, but wow. Terry almost pulled it off, too. Then Robotacon killed him.
increpare
« Reply #633 on: July 27, 2008, 04:29:15 AM »

I'd like to point out that Xion didn't wait for us wolves to make a kill on one night Sad
Something similar happened for us vamps one night. Didn't affect the enjoyment of the game too much though, so.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 27, 2008, 05:49:48 AM »

"Ahh, victory is sweet," generalvalter said as he looked over the remnants of the town. "But then again, my victory was nearly assured from the start! Say, garthy. I left a present for you under your bed. Feel free to take a look, if you want.

"Oh right! Guess I won't be needing this spiked gauntlet anymore. Here you go, Cheater. It really is a pity it never saw any use."

Woo! Thief wins! Sorry I didn't post earlier, I had to, y'know, sleep.

I was actually growing safer with every turn. I had another bomb planted in garthy's house, since, I didn't know what he was. I had Cheater's Spiked Gauntlet, and had also learned from this that he was human. I was making a gun for tomorrow. If the game had lasted another round, I could have basically killed everybody else off and been the sole survivor  Evil

In fact, the first night I had stolen Annabelle's jail keys. My initial goal had actually been to get myself purposefully caught, and then continue operating from in jail.

One more thing: Cheater, did you know who I was? I feel like Captain Catton may have pm'd you with increpare's identity just before his death, which led to you slicing increpare. And if Catton had sent you increpare's identity, I thought he could have sent you mine as well.
increpare
« Reply #635 on: July 27, 2008, 05:54:19 AM »

One more thing: Cheater, did you know who I was? I feel like Captain Catton may have pm'd you with increpare's identity just before his death, which led to you slicing increpare. And if Catton had sent you increpare's identity, I thought he could have sent you mine as well.
I had something of an alliance going with CC.  He just told me that you were a human.  I don't know if he knew anything more than that.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 27, 2008, 06:03:09 AM »

chutup: Your power probably explains the rather odd (to me) power balance between good and evil. I was really confused  by why there were so many "Evil" people, and so few "good". We had something like four werewolves, a serial killer, 3 vamps, a zombie (if not for me! Muwahahaha!), and a thief, all loitering around this tiny village. I hadn't the faintest clue how likely our chances of survival were.

Also, the vamp/werewolf tactics confused me. They had a good run on the first night, but I feel like they would have benefited more from targeting the roles that they knew were dangerous. I had the power to make a kill a day, with my bombs and guns. Cheater could also make kills, and he could come up with handy protective armor. I had loved the idea of playing a gunsmith, but I was almost certain I would die on the first night. I was shocked that I didn't, really. Tongue
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: July 27, 2008, 06:12:27 AM »

You might not have got a chance to use that bomb GeneralValter- if neither turret was hot I probably would have gone on halberdy on you instead (I suspected you more than cyber95 until that last night). Bear in mind you suggested a turret configuration the previous day that would have opened you up to several people, and whilst I didn't comment on it, I did notice it...

Having said that, you played pretty well I think. Smiley Looks like it may have been your game if it lasted one more turn. Had you really planted a bomb in my residence? I thought perhaps you could only strike at night. If the game didn't end with cyber95, and I had voted for you, could you have pressed a button and removed my vote permanently?
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 27, 2008, 06:15:54 AM »

Nope, actually. The bombs are planted in houses. I can't very well strap a bomb to you and call it a day, can I? Basically, I plant the bomb, wait 'till night, and then blow it sky high.  Mitchard, and nearly Gainsworthy got it this way.

At some point around day 3, I had been considering blowing up the clock tower in the middle of town, just for yuks. I hadn't had any serious suspicions at that time, and I just wanted to stir up more trouble Tongue
Garthy
Level 9

Quack, verily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: July 27, 2008, 06:17:23 AM »

GeneralValter: I for one didn't realise you had the ability to make a bomb a day. My sole ability was equivalent to one of Cheater's suits of armour, except restricted to myself. :}

I thought McAndrews demolished one house, artillery another, and I didn't know who did the third. Not until the end of the game. They didn't have your name on it, and it wasn't clear who could make useful things, and who couldn't.

Re the clock tower, that would have been outstanding. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic