Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 06:59:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKerfuffle
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43
Print
Author Topic: Kerfuffle  (Read 97212 times)
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 11, 2015, 07:05:05 AM »

I don't have two controllers available so I just messed around with the demo. Will say the controls felt really nice. Excellent work there, even on a keyboard it felt very tight.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: April 11, 2015, 08:01:20 AM »

Played it for like 5 minutes when I had a chance, here's what I got for now:

- Is the dodge meant to be variable? I found a quick press did a smaller than a long press.
- Also the dodge range is HUGE, is this intentional?
- Is the special button not working?

the dash is not variable. theres no difference between a tap and long press. or, at least, there shouldnt be.
dash range is a little high, yeah.
there is no special button, and the special attacks are not in this build.

Rilem
Level 1

Pirate King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: April 11, 2015, 12:29:53 PM »

Just played vs a living opponent.

I'm going to open the floodgates, I know you can handle the feedback.

1 hit KO is a shame. Momo is a fast attacker, but when it all boils down to a 1 hit kill, I never get to rip someone up with a nice combo. But the character design begs for it!

When both players attack at the same time, one of them just gets priority and the other dies. Don't know if this is planned to change, but I'd like to see some clash of blades there. Something to make head to head duels more interesting then 'who pressed the button first'.

Maybe dashing can be 1 button + directional input, ala towerfall/smashbros?

I dont know what the intended dashing behavior is for kerfuffle. But I use it primarily to go in on the offense with a dash followed up by an attack and then quickly getting out again. I agree the dash has too much range and I think it would be alot more interesting if it would be a short dash in wich you would also be immume to attacks (smash bros again :p).

Animation feels really good with all of the movements, top notch.

We had a lot of fun playing anyway, this game is going to be amazing. Can't wait for all the characters. Smiley

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: April 11, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »

1 hit KO is a shame. Momo is a fast attacker, but when it all boils down to a 1 hit kill, I never get to rip someone up with a nice combo. But the character design begs for it!

1 hit ko as the core game wont change, but there are game modes with extra HP. So you'd have to get hit 3-5 times to die.

When both players attack at the same time, one of them just gets priority and the other dies. Don't know if this is planned to change, but I'd like to see some clash of blades there. Something to make head to head duels more interesting then 'who pressed the button first'.

there will be clashing if you both attack at the same time. just havent added it in yet.

Maybe dashing can be 1 button + directional input, ala towerfall/smashbros?

thats a possibility. im not sold on the button to dash scheme in general. i prefer double tap to dash but its just a matter of testing over and over to see what people like.

I dont know what the intended dashing behavior is for kerfuffle. But I use it primarily to go in on the offense with a dash followed up by an attack and then quickly getting out again. I agree the dash has too much range and I think it would be alot more interesting if it would be a short dash in wich you would also be immume to attacks (smash bros again :p).

there will be back dashes that have invincibility frames, but forward dashing will not. it makes the shield redundant if thats the case and removes all risk from a free offensive movement on your enemy. however, you WILL be able to cancel your forward dash into an attack. considering up/down dashes but eh. not sure about that yet.

right now, since its so long range, its way to easy to get in and get out safely. thats gotta change.

Animation feels really good with all of the movements, top notch.

We had a lot of fun playing anyway, this game is going to be amazing. Can't wait for all the characters. Smiley

thanks for the input. i have a lot of stuff to work on over this next week. in a perfect world id like to do weekly test builds but idk how possible that is.

i have started prototyping lizard sword man. Wink

Rilem
Level 1

Pirate King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: April 11, 2015, 01:50:21 PM »

Awesome, any art by miascugh? :p

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: April 11, 2015, 02:16:06 PM »

what happened to super smash ball that game looked dope
Thanks. I managed to find an artist, but he turned out to be too busy. In the meanwhile smashball ended up somewhere in a corner.
If you feel on collaborating, you know who to call  Cool

I played the build, and the attacks felt really tight. Here's my feedback;
- I'm really missing more control in my jump, where the jump height increases by holding the button.
- The physics feel just a little bit too floaty
- Maximum falling velocity is too high

Other than that it looks very promising, good job.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: April 11, 2015, 02:47:54 PM »

Awesome, any art by miascugh? :p

not yet! still have some stuff to do on momo.
what happened to super smash ball that game looked dope
Thanks. I managed to find an artist, but he turned out to be too busy. In the meanwhile smashball ended up somewhere in a corner.
If you feel on collaborating, you know who to call  Cool

I played the build, and the attacks felt really tight. Here's my feedback;
- I'm really missing more control in my jump, where the jump height increases by holding the button.
- The physics feel just a little bit too floaty
- Maximum falling velocity is too high

Other than that it looks very promising, good job.

psh my art is trash bud. you wouldnt need my help.

variable jump height has been requested a lot. i will be adding it in the next build.
momo is floaty. its character specific.
falling velocity is WAY too high lol.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 11, 2015, 05:17:02 PM »

Criticism
My brother and I played both the old and new Kerfuffle today, and we had a blast! Here are some points which we found regarding the newest one:

-Player two will sometimes loose the ability to create hit boxes, which renders her attacks useless.
-Dashing is op, both defensively and offensively
-shield knock-back is entertaining
-The game feel is amazing to the both of us
-Personal observation: The combination of instant death and instant attacks seems to make it so that getting killed feels unfair or random sometimes, especially in situations where both players clearly attacked at the same time
-Kerfuffle broken AF edition is named appropriately

//End of criticism  Toast Right

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: April 11, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »

Criticism
My brother and I played both the old and new Kerfuffle today, and we had a blast! Here are some points which we found regarding the newest one:

-Player two will sometimes loose the ability to create hit boxes, which renders her attacks useless.
-Dashing is op, both defensively and offensively
-shield knock-back is entertaining
-The game feel is amazing to the both of us
-Personal observation: The combination of instant death and instant attacks seems to make it so that getting killed feels unfair or random sometimes, especially in situations where both players clearly attacked at the same time
-Kerfuffle broken AF edition is named appropriately

//End of criticism  Toast Right

thats an odd bug. but i think i know what causes it, thanks for pointing that out.

im going to nerf dashing pretty hard, and add a backdash. i will also make forward dash cancelable. and, potentially, change the forward dash to a run while on the ground.

attacks arent instant, but the start up is extremely fast. i should shorten it a bit. its a hard thing to test with only one character really, because others (like Croc) are much slower but have a longer reach/bigger hitbox.

in the future attacks will clash and have knockback like the shield, and the shield will function a bit differently. this should alleviate the "fuck you i attacked first this game is bullshit" factor. although, i want to say player 1 has a 1 frame advantage which really shouldnt ever be noticeable since its 1/60th of a second.

im glad that people are mostly enjoying it, despite it being buggy and shitty.

Canned Turkey
« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2015, 11:00:19 AM »

im glad that people are mostly enjoying it, despite it being buggy and shitty.
FTFY
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: April 12, 2015, 11:51:11 AM »

what does that mean

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 12, 2015, 11:58:01 AM »

"fixed that for you" ?
hes saying ur game is not shitty
yea
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 12, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »

Subtle compliment is subtle. But yeah we like your game :D

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: April 12, 2015, 01:02:55 PM »

thanks

i just had no idea what FTFY meant

Donutttt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »

Make it 5v5 and you got yourself a game...

Jk but really I'd like to see how this works if it was team based, just out of interest. Looks awesome though will give it a try when I can.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »

how many players can the ps4 support at one time? it will at least be 2v2, or 4 man ffa.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »

Apparently the PS3 supported 8 controllers. I doubt they'd reduce the limit, so there's that.

Edit: nvm, it only supports 4.

Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 13, 2015, 12:20:13 PM »

Hand Money Left Shocked Hand Money Right
I am going to totally buy the full version.
Where are you planning to release this?

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
siskavard
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »

hey I haven't read anyone else's feedback so sorry if i am repeating anything, but i just played it with a warm body & i really love the floaty ness of her movement. its really fun to sort of float then press down to shoot downward quickly after timing it just right .

the only issue is that none of the hits seems to connect & it feels random.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2015, 08:10:54 AM »

none of the hits seem to connect? what do you mean?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic