Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 10:25:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsValchion - 3D GBC-Styled Zelda-like - Win / Mac / Linux Demo #2
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Valchion - 3D GBC-Styled Zelda-like - Win / Mac / Linux Demo #2  (Read 94853 times)
Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:42 AM »

The graphics of the background and the character link together a lot better :D
It is looking like a brilliant game  Smiley

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »

Thanks, thatsDanSharman.

Well, I finally got past my idiocy and figured out that I could use a Linux Live CD to run Linux to test my games out on, and I'm impressed by how Soldier Of ran. It seemed like it ran at 60 FPS, which is great - joystick worked out of the box, as well, if I recall. Smiley

Forgot to bring the font over with the project, though. Tongue

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2012, 03:40:24 PM »

Hey. So I created a BandCamp page where I'm selling some tracks. You can get 'Aqueduct' from Soldier Of there. You can preview it there, as well.

Happy Shabby Games
Level 8

msmymo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »

I love the music so far. I'll buy the whole ost when you release it.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »

@Seasons - Thanks.

Okay, well a minor update. I'm back to working on this (instead of working on yet another game project ;p). I really want to finish something, so I want to pour on the afterburner fuel and get this finished.

I've been working on the AI a bit, as well as working on the maps. I want to release something soon, too - after all, if I release a demo and people think it doesn't work very well, then I can retool it and fix the problems. That's a lot harder to do after a release.

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »

Okay, well a minor update. I'm back to working on this (instead of working on yet another game project ;p). I really want to finish something, so I want to pour on the afterburner fuel and get this finished.
Much respect. Coming back to a project after starting a new one is something I need to learn how to do. Well, I probably should learn how to not start new projects without finishing the one I'm working on. Smiley

Still looking forward to the game.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »

Thanks, IRock.

So, I'm working on this a bit - drawing up a turret. I like the way this one looks. It's still WIP, though.

I also want to release a demo, so I'll probably do that relatively soon.

EDIT: Oh, and I have a Twitter now. @SolarLune (Is that right?)

Chris Pavia
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »

I also want to release a demo, so I'll probably do that relatively soon.

Can't wait!
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »

Looking forward to the demo.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2012, 05:17:24 AM »

Hey. So a small update - I'm laying the foundation of the Grenade item. You use grenades as a sub-item, basically (not really as a 'real' weapon). Grenades will be highly destructive, as well as very dangerous, both to enemies as well as allies. You've got to be careful of where you throw it to ensure that you don't hurt yourself. You can also use grenades to open hidden passageways, as they will destroy breakable walls and rocks, allowing you to access areas that you couldn't access before. Smiley Updated the IndieDB page with more detailed news, but it won't be up for awhile.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2012, 08:53:18 PM »

Man, I'm surprised at how much I did today. I sat down and wanted to work on this, and forced myself to work more on it than I wanted, spending a few hours. I finished the grenades - right now, they have a timer (based on the amount of time it takes for the sprite animation to elapse) and explode. Whatever's near the explosion with an 'hp' variable gets damaged severely.

Been working on some new areas. Still WIP.

This (below) will be the park exit and the outside of a coffee shop, when it's done.

The inside of a battle-scarred building. I wonder what would damage the insides of buildings this much...?

Well, that's it for this minor update. Follow me on my YouTube channel or my Twitter page, if you so desire. Thanks very much for watching and reading. Have fun!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:05:07 PM by SolarLune » Logged

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »

I wonder what would damage the insides of buildings this much...?
Damn kids.

Awesome job, can't wait to play and listen to the ost!  Grin
knotty spine
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:26 AM »

Why do your trees look like ice cream?  Concerned

Animating something like this >> Outraged << would take hours, maybe even days of work.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2012, 06:20:12 AM »

That's the better of the trees I've made. Although...

Even official games had trees that looked like jellyfish or trees that looked like... A flower? Huh?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:23:46 AM by SolarLune » Logged

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »

Why don't yours?  Noir
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2012, 06:25:05 PM »

So, I've implemented little exclamation points above soldiers when you get close enough. It adds a surprising amount to the feel of the game. I've also made the ammo counter visible all of the time (though I'll probably make it so that you can hide it if you want). I will probably end up adding an 'HP' display there next to the displays, too.

"He's over there!" Cheesy

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2012, 08:47:06 PM »

Okay, so I added the ability for the guards to alert each other.

If one guard gets shot or sees you, he'll alert all other guards on the same map. Still have to make them react to grenades.

This can make stealthy situations particularly hard to traverse. Not sure if guards go down too quickly right now, though, so I might need to tinker with it. I also want to add some more interesting environments - simple streets and buildings aren't doing the job. At least, not all of it. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:41:26 PM by SolarLune » Logged

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:57 PM »

Yes stealth!  Grin
Are there going to be obstacles to hide behind?
Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2012, 04:03:54 AM »

Those trees are my favorite graphic!  Smiley

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2012, 05:33:16 PM »

Yes stealth!  Grin
Are there going to be obstacles to hide behind?

There should be, now that I think about it. Guards immediately are aware of you if you get close to them, but if you're behind an object, they won't see you. So, I think that cover would be a good idea, and definitely should be implemented.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic