Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411671 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 04:16:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1968027 times)
Anthono220
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: July 25, 2023, 11:22:48 PM »

Hey all,

I’m Anthono220! I am an 18 year old autistic guy who likes music and who has been developing solo games for quite a while now.

I got my first taste of an internet community with Scratch when I was an elementary schooler, where I made quite a few projects and friends, including my most popular work there (for some reason), a simple remix of an Angry Birds Scene Creator. I never made any actual games though, I just couldn’t click (heh) with the programming language and the limitations where I could make anything substantial. I believe it was also my first ever forum experience as well, though I don’t like to remember those old posts lmao

My first dips into game development have been with RPG Maker VX Ace and Unity, though I never managed to make any actual games there either. I wanted to make games then, though I could not end up going far without just starting new projects again and again.

On a random night in January of 2019, I decided to check out a program called GameMaker (which I still use today) and I followed a tutorial to make what would eventually become a cartoonish top-down shooter called Gooter. I actually got pretty far with this game, being my main game project for about 3 years before I cancelled it late last year.

Along with Gooter, I also made several other smaller games with GameMaker:
  • Running Duck of The Summer - A finite runner starring Stretches, a duck that can stretch his legs while running
  • PhysicsPlace - Basically just a physics sandbox game with colorful blocks that represent elements
  • CAVEFACE - a dark top-down hybrid minecraft-ish/pet game set inside, well, a cave
  • Gooter: VIRTUAL MONSTER (current project, will talk more about it here soon) - Fast-paced top-down shooter set in a virtual reality. Spinoff/alternate take on Gooter

In terms of other skills, I actually believe that my best skill is in making music, though of course (what I consider to be) my best songs are for my games. I have released some music outside of games, though.

In terms of interest, the games/game franchises that I’m most excited about right now are Minecraft, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Friday Night Funkin’. For music, I consider myself a fan of loads of different music genres and artists, from Patrick O’ Hearn to 2 Mello and a BUNCH of others both in between and out.

Now, why am I here? First and most simply, I guess I just wanted a change and to find a new community. Second, I wanted to find a place where I can share my projects and get feedback and reactions. I’m hoping that the TIGForums here can offer me some motivation and help in growing as a game developer and to find more people who can enjoy what I make. Third, since I have been making games alone all this time, I am hoping that I could find some opportunities here to collaborate on cool projects and teams. I would mostly assist with creating the soundtrack, though maybe I could sprinkle some help on some small things wherever I may know what I’m doing.

If you would like to know more about me, here are my socials:

Talk to you soon, hope we can be friends!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 04:53:59 PM by Anthono220 » Logged

Anthono220 (pronounced Anthono-two-twenty)
Suboli
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: July 26, 2023, 11:05:19 AM »

Hey there! I'm Suboli. I'm relatively new to development and starting a bit later. My first job is as a paramedic for the past 12 years, but I'm looking to do something more creative. I've messed around with GMS2 and made what was basically just the first level of a metroidvania game. Since then I've learn a lot more and have expanded the idea a good bit. I'm working in unity now and likely the unknowing victim of scope creep, but I'm enjoying it. Hopefully something will come of it.
SteppeMortus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: July 27, 2023, 11:10:59 AM »

Hello everyone. For about 10 years, I have been involved in the development of small games and programs. I started my journey with Construct Classic, where I mainly created prototypes and small games. Then I switched to Construct 2 and used it to develop my first complete game for Android.

After my experience with Construct 2, I learned the C++ programming language and created a simple arcade runner. After that, I took a break of about two years when I focused on microelectronics and computer repairs, achieving decent results in those fields. However, the desire to create games always remained, so I decided to learn Unity.

My first debut project in Unity was a remake of a game I had previously created in Construct 2. I released this game on Google Play, but it didn't become particularly popular since I didn't support it. Nevertheless, this project was a learning experience for me and helped me master Unity.

After that, I spent a considerable amount of time seeking inspiration for my next project and created many prototypes. Finally, last summer, I had an idea for a new game and a clear vision of its concept. Currently, I am working on the development of my second commercial project called "HIDEOUT." The game already has its page on Steam, and the project is in an active development stage.
TomTaTomTomTom
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: July 30, 2023, 05:58:06 PM »

Hi, as you probably guessed, my name is Tom. I am looking for a forum to talk and get motivated about working on a side project, anyone's side project. I have a CS degree and I work in Unreal a tiny bit at work. Hopefully I'll get more into it very soon since they just hired people to take away my more mundane responsibilities.

I don't have anything I am really motivated to work on right now so if you need any help let me know. Keep it small, though. I already have a full time job and family.
pash_xx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: August 01, 2023, 08:01:46 AM »

Hi,

I'm Samantha Cohen - I'm a trans woman and an experienced software engineer professionally. I've been making games on the side for over half my life and I am really hoping to be able to start taking it seriously at some point soon. I have many many unfinished projects and one that is actually available to play on my itch.io page. I won't link since I'm not sure if that counts as advertising.

Looking forward to seeing what this forum has to offer

Sammie
HWinsen
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11905 on: August 02, 2023, 01:59:25 AM »

Hi!

I am Harryanto Winsen, a solo game developer.

My first exposure to game development is not video game development but board game development. I am very grateful and was very fortunate to get asked by my friends to design a board game together. We released the board game in 2019!

From that experience, I decided to create video games because I craved the mixed feeling of fun and stress from the challenges of developing a game, and I love video games more. Today, I've developed some small video games and currently trying to create my first commercial game!

Nice to meet you all!

I create exciting and memorable games for as many as possible! Follow @HWinsenGames on Twitter for updates!
rpgplayerrobin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11906 on: August 02, 2023, 01:07:05 PM »

Hello everyone! Smiley

My name is Robin and I have had the passion to make games ever since I was 13 years old (using games factory).

I have an education in game programming but right now I am only programming games on my spare time as doing it as a passion is what I am after.

I love a lot of different games, but mostly older games, like:
Age of Empires 2
Dota 2 (only bot games, too toxic otherwise)
Counter-Strike: Source
Unreal Tournament 2000
Minecraft
Territorial
Chess

I found this community since I am almost finished with a passion project of mine, and this community seems to be perfect to learn and to help each other.

Check out my game: https://imagindar.com/
personnamedjames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: August 04, 2023, 04:01:02 PM »

Hello all. My name is James, and I make games.

Keen to be here and see what everyone else is creating. My favourite games are a mix, but over the years it's went from Animal Crossing: Wild World, to the Professor Layton series, to VVVVVV, to Shovel Knight, to Hollow Knight, to Franken RPG.
I'm also a fan of the Famous Five novels. I like cooking as well!

Thank you all Smiley
Hakam Parmar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: August 05, 2023, 10:04:41 PM »

I am a gamer, programmer and helper. I make gamming videos for my Youtube channel.

Thats there all of it.

I respect tigsource rules and i follow it.
kscav
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11909 on: August 06, 2023, 01:22:20 AM »

I'm an artist and I can code in GMS2 a bit. Worked on games like FatesOfOrt and VoidScrappers. Also I paint with acrylics and live in Latvia.  Smiley
www.karliszabers.com
Juulian711
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11910 on: August 08, 2023, 06:50:00 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Julian, and currently, I'm studying Game Design. This semester, our focus is on Unity, after having worked with Godot in the previous semester.

Have fun :D
Bezenyo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: August 09, 2023, 04:44:21 PM »

Heyo! I'm John a solo indie dev. I have been working and studying game dev while running my game startup called Bezenyo!

Some of my favorite games are RPGs, JRPGs, ARGs and Platformers. Some particular faves include FF series and ER (obvious, I know!).

I'm here to share some details about my game development updates as I struggle in this over-saturated game dev landscape. Looking forward to learning and connecting with ppl here!
dvy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: August 11, 2023, 06:36:48 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Dennis. I'm a professional programmer. Recently I've been getting into game development as a hobby. I spent the last two years working on a project in Unity, but scope creep got to the point where I had to put it aside -- it was getting way too stressful.

Right now I'm making a tiny game in HTML/JS and it's a real breath of fresh air. I'll probably make a devlog for it soon so I can get some feedback.

Looking forward to checking out everyone's cool projects.
HakJak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: August 14, 2023, 01:12:36 PM »

Hello!  My name is Jed, aka "HakJak".  I work with a bunch of amazingly talented folks at HakJak Studios. 

At the time of this post, our current project is Pigeon Simulator, a game about genetically-modified, time-traveling pigeons trying to save the universe.

Here's a couple of WWW's related to the above for ya:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jed-steen-6969182/
https://www.hakjak.com/
https://www.pigeonsimulator.com/
1000h
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: August 20, 2023, 07:10:35 PM »

Hello, this is my self introduction to TIGForums.

At the time of writing I've been tinkering with video game development for about 9 years.  I've been developing a fantasy inspired game.  I have spent the time using Blender and Godot, but my knowledge and use of the software has narrowed significantly as I've worked out designs.  I enjoy and know some things about music and music software.

Specifically I am introducing myself here in order to follow the guidelines of the devlog forum so that I might begin a devlog of my own.

I have always found something admirable about people candidly sharing their incomplete work, thoughts, and their process, especially in nicely arranged behind-the-scenes interviews.

Game development sections on platforms accommodating more broad interests seem to be unfortunately more dilute.  At the time of writing the forum seems especially inactive, and yet, still seems to offer a compelling opportunity to communicate.

Thank you

Marthian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: August 20, 2023, 11:13:51 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Martijn and after being a software engineer for a long time I'm now starting to get into game development. Currently I use Unity for developing games because it uses C# .Net, a programming language I'm very proficient in. I hope to learn a lot here and try to help where I can.

I'm currently working on a 2D tower defense games themed around a hospital where you have to protect patients from becoming infected with bacteria. I have a prototype version live here for anyone interested:
https://sharemygame.com/@Marthian80/hospitaldefender
Gameface
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: August 21, 2023, 09:20:23 AM »

Hey, I’m Nick, otherwise known as Ragenade or Gameface. I’m a content creator and a musician who’s wanted to make games for over a decade. And now I’m finally starting to do it!
I’ve wanted to make games for a long time because I love playing games and I always just thought it would be cool and fun to make my own! My favorite genres are Horror, Survival and Roguelike, and I’m currently working on a project that will combine all 3. I’m making the game currently completely solo and developing it in Godot.
I was planning on starting a small devlog on the forums to keep myself motivated on working on the project, because I’m kind of designing this game to fail, as it goes against a lot of popular things in the genres I mentioned, especially horror games. Right now I’m focusing on what I want the game to play like and the main mechanics before getting into the meat of development.

Thank you for reading!
spiregg
TIGBaby

spiregg or spire gg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11917 on: August 24, 2023, 06:36:56 PM »

Hello, I'm just another hopeful attempting to make indie games.  I have made a few smaller Steam games with a couple of different friends from college in the past that didn't get much attention since I suck at marketing.  Working on some bigger things and will post about them here soon.

Love and Peace.

Super Cat Lady - my team's current project
Find Us - solo programmer project for myself
TDArcher - last project with other teammates
Infusion.games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: August 28, 2023, 09:40:53 AM »

Hey, everyone!  Smiley
We're Infusion.Games. We make games and explore new technologies. We're based in Tallinn. We're working on games and want to know what you think.
We've got projects:
ARENA HEROES (available on Google Play in some countries)
If you're into battles and strategy, this is for you. There are cartoonish battles and cool adventures. Build a team, fight, and show your skills. Anyone can be a hero!
CYBER WARS (coming soon!)
Soon there'll be cyberpunk, shooters, and flying machines - CYBER WARS. It's a unique adventure, in the works! Get ready for battles, flights, and great graphics!
We're a team that:
Loves entertainment - we make games for fun.
Supports cool ideas and teamwork.
Puts heart into making games.
Infusion Games: We make games for memories. Join in and help make them better!
Games will also be on web platforms. We want to know what you think. Write it as it is. Thanks if you've read this!
MiniStumpy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: August 29, 2023, 10:56:02 AM »

Hi, I am MiniStumpy, a Czech autistic guy with Tourette's and ADHD, who likes creating pieces of music (it's the hobby that gets the most attention from me), and programming! That's including game dev.

What got me into video games was the fact, that I had access to the computer from a very young age. I got into Portal, when I was around 8 years old. I should also mention, that as a young kid in the early 2010s, I wanted to play Minecraft real bad. And I did!

Now, my hobbies are music, and programming, as stated above. I have one big, ambitious project, that I realize I might never finish, in the works. It's a game called Freedom of Life, and I have a dedicated YouTube channel for it, and a not-yet published itch.io page for the game.

It's gonna be a 2D Top-Down factory / automation game made in the Godot game engine, that is inspired a lot by other games, like Factorio, Stardew Valley, Minecraft, and also a Minecraft modpack called "Nomifactory".

Here are the links to my stuff:
Main YouTube channel (mainly music): https://www.youtube.com/@MiniStumpy/featured
FoL Youtube Channel (the game I am developing): https://www.youtube.com/@FreedomofLifeMS
My itch.io page (There's nothing there yet, but trust me, there will be): https://ministumpy.itch.io

MiniStumpy
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic