Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 11:22:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGames you can't remember the names of
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 96
Print
Author Topic: Games you can't remember the names of  (Read 387533 times)
rabidbaboy
Level 1

LeleleleMAXIMUM!

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: October 11, 2013, 07:48:42 PM »

Here is a list of about 5.000 dos games, most of them having a screenshot:
Game Classification DOS games list (screenshots)

Hope that helps! Smiley
searching through games starting from 1990 (i'm at 1995 now)

didn't find the game i was looking for, but i found some others i played as a kid that i completely forgot about:

Ken's Labyrinth
In Search of Dr. Riptide
Daedalus Encounter (didnt know this was DOS)

and it's saturday, so you know what this means. thanks for the link.

Spatzerny
« Reply #1201 on: October 12, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »

Firstly: Hi guys.  Beer!

Secondly:
RTS top-down, no perspective (late '80- early '90), most likely DOS. Everything on a regular rectangular grid.

First level (PROBABLY)
I remember some kind of 3x3 building that you could enter from 'south' that altered your unit in some way. Can't shake the color pink out of my head when it comes to the building.

Second or Third level (again PROBABLY)
Lot's of snow, some weird beast that probably were neutrals.

That's probably all I've got. Spark of memory anyone?
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1202 on: October 16, 2013, 07:21:49 AM »

Here is a list of about 5.000 dos games, most of them having a screenshot:
Game Classification DOS games list (screenshots)

Hope that helps! Smiley
searching through games starting from 1990 (i'm at 1995 now)

didn't find the game i was looking for, but i found some others i played as a kid that i completely forgot about:

Ken's Labyrinth
In Search of Dr. Riptide
Daedalus Encounter (didnt know this was DOS)

and it's saturday, so you know what this means. thanks for the link.

Maybe you'll have more luck in the windows games (13000 titles):
Game Classification Windows games list (screenshots)

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1203 on: October 16, 2013, 08:06:27 AM »

There was a flash game on JayIsGames, that I really enjoyed a few years back. It was a 2D puzzle platformer, from Japan. You controled a little green pixel guy and had a gun that would cause you to swap places with these special blocks that you shot. It had a sequel too

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1204 on: October 17, 2013, 09:53:07 AM »

There was a flash game on JayIsGames, that I really enjoyed a few years back. It was a 2D puzzle platformer, from Japan. You controled a little green pixel guy and had a gun that would cause you to swap places with these special blocks that you shot. It had a sequel too

How about Transmover and its sequel?

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1205 on: October 17, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »

First level (PROBABLY)
I remember some kind of 3x3 building that you could enter from 'south' that altered your unit in some way. Can't shake the color pink out of my head when it comes to the building.

The entering building mechanic reminds me of Z

And Last Mission was extremely frustrating as a kid, it was HARD (the video makes it look easy, really). A screenshot for memory's sake:

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Iso
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 18, 2013, 02:54:21 AM »

It reminded me of Z too but I didn't bother posting as his description sounds even older.

But hnrrrggg, do I love Z.

Crown
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1207 on: October 18, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »

Ok, I have a tough one!!  It was a game for Apple II that I played in 1985 or 86.  In the game there were lady bugs with patterns on their back.  I can't remember exactly what the objective was but you could combine or breed beetles and I think you were trying to breed bugs to match the pattern of a specific beetle.  I'm not exactly sure if that's what the objective was.  Anyway, I can't find a single piece of information about this game.  Any ideas?

Check out my turn-based grand-strategy game: Sunset Over Lievnos.  www.sunsetoverlievnos.com
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1208 on: October 20, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »

How about Transmover and its sequel?

Awesome! Those are the games. Don't know why I thought it was Japanese and your guy was green. Thanks

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 02, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »

Okay, I honestly don't have enough to go on with this, but I'm looking for a Kickstarter game. I thought Indiegames had done a piece on it, but either they didn't tag it properly, or it got deleted, or I don't know-oh wait nevermind, it was Radio the Universe.
Carry on.
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1210 on: November 14, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »

There was this famicom game that looked like River City Ransom but was a track and field theme.  No idea what it was called but I absolutely loved it.

VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1211 on: November 14, 2013, 11:51:31 PM »

There was this famicom game that looked like River City Ransom but was a track and field theme.  No idea what it was called but I absolutely loved it.
Crash 'N' The Boys: Street Challenge. River City Ransom is actually part of a relatively large series called the Kunio-kun series in Japan, and that game is also part of that series.

EDIT: Noticed you said Famicom, not NES. Then it could also be its only-released-in-Japan prequel, Downtown Nekketsu Kōshinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundōkai.
ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1212 on: November 16, 2013, 05:45:26 AM »

OMG VDZ you are the best!  You have no idea how long I've been trying to figure out what that game is.  Yeah I know that there's a series of them, i could just never figure out how to google it.

Looking at screenshots it'd definitely "Downtown".  Oh man I'm almost tearing up looking at those screenshots!

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1213 on: December 06, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »

I remember playing a game of monster wrestling. It was absolutely horrible! A really terrible game. But what I liked about it is that after every N fights you could choose one of the opponents you beat to merge with. I kept trying to play that hideous game just to see what combinations could be achieved.

edit: I think it was on the mega drive.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: December 07, 2013, 12:20:37 AM »

Sounds a lot like Beast Wrestler.
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1215 on: December 08, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »

This is going to be a tricky one, since the memory is pretty vague;

-Japanese game
-N64
-2D Side scroller
-Played pretty similar to Metal Slug
-Protagonist was a female with rabbit ears? (I'm still not sure about this one)
-Occasionally you could drive a mech which had much more firepower but less melee abilities and mobility (like I said, similar to metal slug)

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1216 on: December 08, 2013, 05:37:18 AM »

I've never played Mischief Makers and barely seen videos of it but it sounds like that could be it?

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 08, 2013, 05:57:15 AM »

considering there were only like 5 sidescrollers on the n64, that's probably it, yeah.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 08, 2013, 08:47:29 AM »

That does sound like a pretty good description of Mischief Makers (which is a really good game).
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1219 on: December 08, 2013, 02:41:07 PM »

Yes! Mischief Makers! that was it!
Great work guys

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic