Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 08:01:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 906548 times)
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3080 on: May 30, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »

Downloading Oracle of Season on my 3DS. I have played very little of it a long time ago and I'm curious how it compares to Link's Awakening. I have heard Seasons is often preferred over Ages, what do you think?

I did enjoy Seasons a bit more than Ages, but they're pretty close. Both well worth a play! I don't know how I'd compare them to Link's Awakening, exactly... Better in some ways, not better in others. They're quite a bit different.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 30, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »

Seasons and Ages both are a little more linear than Link's Awakening, but not by a whole lot. I thought the plots of both games were comparable to Awakening, and I really liked that they went with original villains instead of just Ganon again. The crossover elements were mediocre, though. Not bad, but they could have been more interesting and less cumbersome (going to talk to an NPC for a password to bring back).

Also, the inclusion of Rings was neat because it adds a layer of player customization to the game. Some rings give varied bonuses to help you play the game, and others are purely for amusement or decoration. I wish they had come up with a better system of finding them than just randomly earning them from minigames, though.

I felt like they were very worthy sequels and releasing them at the same time encouraged Capcom strongly to differentiate them with more dungeon puzzles and clever equipment. The Switch Hook and the Magnetic Gloves were two of the more clever tools in Link's Arsenal, especially since they managed to serve the purpose of the hookshot without just being the hookshot.
forwardresent
« Reply #3082 on: May 30, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »

I preferred Ages over Seasons, but not as much I loved Link's Awakening. I didn't like the stories as much, but I liked the dungeons and bosses and I really liked the ring system.

Currently playing the Gunpoint press release. Really enjoyable so far. Now I want jeans that launch me up buildings.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: May 30, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »

i last played these games when they were new so i'm probably not the best source here, but i remember the dungeons in ages being kind of dull. that's why i said seasons is better lol.
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3084 on: May 30, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »

I just wrapped up Bioshock Infinite. While I said in an earlier post it seemed like another ho-hum AAA FPS game, it really took me in. I guess I was a sucker for the game's atmosphere!

Not sure what's next up on my list.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3085 on: May 30, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »

Seasons was designed for fans of LttP and the original more (hence why it's the funner one to play); where Ages was designed more around the Oracle-and-beyond, so it has a stronger focus on plot but far more simplistic and linear gameplay.

I loved Seasons, probably even more than Awakening; because it kinda did tap into that classic LoZ feel a bit more. I liked what they did with the Gacha Nuts/Trees and fertile soil stashes, they were like secrets you could rediscover with new surprises!

And animal buddies you could ride around on? EFFING WIN.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3086 on: May 30, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »

Save the Date.... FUCK. What a good game.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: May 31, 2013, 02:49:35 AM »

The story of Seasons is way less intriguing than Awakening, it's a damsel plot without Zelda. It seems like they wanted to do more with the limited scope, on the other hand Link's Awakening was perfect for what it was. The Dungeons have been fun so far but I don't like the camera following the player instead of scrolling once you reach the end of the screen. It's so much fun to play another GB Zelda game. The gameplay is still intact and solid.

bitserum
« Reply #3088 on: May 31, 2013, 03:26:17 AM »

Gameplay wise, seasons and ages are pretty cool. It's been a while since I played them, but I very much liked playing with time/weather conditions, and the boomerang was much cooler than in Link's Awakening in one (or both?) of them.

I love Awakening, that was my first Zelda game, and I remember being stuck in 7th/8th dungeon for years (before learning English properly, heh).
However neither Seasons nor Ages re-ignited the awe that Awakening left for me. Majora's Mask did though...
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: May 31, 2013, 03:28:47 AM »

I love Awakening, that was my first Zelda game, and I remember being stuck in 7th/8th dungeon for years (before learning English properly, heh).
However neither Seasons nor Ages re-ignited the awe that Awakening left for me. Majora's Mask did though...

I'm eagerly waiting for Majora's Mask to be released on the 3DS.

aptanor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: May 31, 2013, 06:39:03 AM »

I'm eagerly waiting for Majora's Mask to be released on the 3DS.
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda, followed by links awakening. For some reason the quirkier entries tend to click with me more.
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3091 on: May 31, 2013, 11:31:34 AM »

Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda, followed by links awakening. For some reason the quirkier entries tend to click with me more.

I tend to bounce between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker as my favorite. Can't go wrong with Awakening either.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:48:09 PM by ericmbernier » Logged

bitserum
« Reply #3092 on: May 31, 2013, 12:28:47 PM »

I really need to get/play Wind Waker. Twilight princess didn't sit well with me for some reason, something about it felt alienish, not Zelda-like. (Maybe because OOT is the only classical "save princess Zelda" I lived for played?)
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3093 on: May 31, 2013, 12:51:29 PM »

Wind Waker was super frustrating for me. It had so much going for it, but then the story just kind of peters out toward the end. Difficulty was woefully inadequate, too - I never died once except at the final boss, and I had a fairy in a bottle so it didn't even count. It's an incredibly beautiful game that seemed to have a huge amount of potential, but it ruined itself for me with a few fatal flaws. Somehow that's much more infuriating than a game that's mediocre the whole way through.

Majora's Mask is pure awesome though. Everything about it is impeccable.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: May 31, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

wind waker has nice graphics (a bit too twee for my taste but whatever) but is otherwise not that great imo.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: May 31, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »

Fanboying out and watching frames with Injustice.  It was a birthday gift that was unexpected and quite delicious.

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
ProggleRock
Level 0

My milk is delicious.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3096 on: May 31, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »

Trying to finish up Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD. Pretty much screwed myself by not leaving anything for Chris. Been scraping by with whatever pistol and shotgun ammo I can find.

Just got the new Tomb Raider, too. Can't wait to start that once I finish RE.

Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3097 on: May 31, 2013, 09:26:16 PM »

Im playing GRID2, It's at least as fun as GRID 1 but it doesn't have it's multiplayer servers switched off! Smiley

ProggleRock
Level 0

My milk is delicious.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3098 on: June 01, 2013, 06:09:40 AM »

Im playing GRID2, It's at least as fun as GRID 1 but it doesn't have it's multiplayer servers switched off! Smiley

Wait, really? They shut down Grid 1 servers the day Grid 2 came out?

saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3099 on: June 01, 2013, 01:44:14 PM »

Back at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I am trying to figure out how to sneak around the main floor of the police station.

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic