Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411640 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 12:29:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 906576 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: June 02, 2013, 02:53:39 AM »

Back at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I am trying to figure out how to sneak around the main floor of the police station.
I got in through the main entrance (after talking to that depressed guy at the counter) and then when I needed to hack things inside the station I just stacked boxes around myself until no one could see what I was doing. Durr...?

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3101 on: June 02, 2013, 04:20:24 AM »

Im playing GRID2, It's at least as fun as GRID 1 but it doesn't have it's multiplayer servers switched off! Smiley

Wait, really? They shut down Grid 1 servers the day Grid 2 came out?

Nah, that would be pretty horrible, the servers have been down for like a year or more already

forwardresent
« Reply #3102 on: June 02, 2013, 05:48:12 AM »

Xenonauts. Very promising so far. Already like it more than XCOM EU.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3103 on: June 02, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »

Back at Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I am trying to figure out how to sneak around the main floor of the police station.
I got in through the main entrance (after talking to that depressed guy at the counter) and then when I needed to hack things inside the station I just stacked boxes around myself until no one could see what I was doing. Durr...?
Yeah, I couldn't get passed Eeyore at the front, so I'm sneaking around.

Praying Mantis
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 02, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »

I've been building in Terraria, yo.
http://imgur.com/a/LfaLv
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3105 on: June 03, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »

Ran through Primordia yesterday. Pretty nice adventure like you'd expect from Dave Gilbert, but kind of abrupt with its ending (the whole thing kind of felt like it was all moving too fast sometimes).

Playing Thomas Was Alone now and the narration is awesome. It could have just been a fairly good puzzle platformer but the atmosphere really makes it amazing.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3106 on: June 03, 2013, 10:20:58 AM »

I've been building in Terraria, yo.
http://imgur.com/a/LfaLv

Looks amazing! I never quite had the inspiration to take on such a huge building project in Terraria, but I can tell a lot of time went into that. Very cool.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: June 03, 2013, 11:02:19 AM »

i've been on soul hackers for a bit. i'm liking the game a lot. doesn't feel grindy which is what i was expecting to have to deal with with it being a remastering of an old 90s game. in fact, it doesn't feel dated at all. there's a secret building masked as a hotel which you can mess around in to find and recruit demons you might've missed for the 100%ers. some in-game info is gathered through forums and a second life-ish mmo world complete with side activities to waste time in. the game world and context just feel holistically worked out.

if there's anything that i don't like, it's how long these kids stay out without heading home to sleep or anything. your in-game mother complains about your sibling not studying if you even choose to pay a quick visit, but at the same time, you're never home doing anything normal yourself. i would've liked to see some sort of activity to tie you down to the house for the sake of context. i guess it shows atlus' progress towards the newer persona games.

Ran through Primordia yesterday. Pretty nice adventure like you'd expect from Dave Gilbert, but kind of abrupt with its ending (the whole thing kind of felt like it was all moving too fast sometimes).

Playing Thomas Was Alone now and the narration is awesome. It could have just been a fairly good puzzle platformer but the atmosphere really makes it amazing.

i was playing these games recently too. primordia is alright. i was actually liking it though it fell by the wayside when i moved. i should get back into it. thomas was alone hit me in the opposite way haha. it could have been a ok puzzle platformer, but the atmosphere is way too romantic and precious.
WafflePilot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3108 on: June 03, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »

I finally started getting into planscape torment, I'm going at it slowly this time and really enjoying it!
Mittens
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3109 on: June 03, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »

I gave Proteus a go, it's kinda nice, eventually tho I stopped finding anything interesting and gave up. I liked it, but are the developers planning on adding more to it? am I missing something?

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3110 on: June 03, 2013, 10:02:21 PM »

@Jackson31:

I'm pretty sure that's all there is to proteus. You wander around. It's the equivalent of walking in the park. There is no objective, save what you tell yourself to do. However, if you play around 30 minutes or so, the game will end.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3111 on: June 04, 2013, 05:21:33 AM »

There is a definite progression to Proteus.

Kekskiller
« Reply #3112 on: June 04, 2013, 05:27:42 AM »

Currently playing Metro: Last Light.

I loved the atmosphere and presentation of the first part but Last Light sort of doesn't work this way. There are ridiculously awesome gun updates (four-barreled shotguns! laser pointer, scopes and silencers for all weapongs etc) and more stealth in general. But I miss the "spiritual" aspect of the first game, Last Light has less philosophic stuff in general.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: June 04, 2013, 06:01:21 AM »

1 puzzle away from finishing The Swapper.  I love the art style.  It feels like some sort of mix of found art, claymation, and the macrophotography of The Fountain. 

It makes me think of an alternate universe where Solaris got a tie-in game a la the 80's and 90's when any movie could become a game (Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Lawnmower Man, Platoon, etc.)
Wigriff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3114 on: June 04, 2013, 06:45:27 AM »

1 puzzle away from finishing The Swapper.  I love the art style.  It feels like some sort of mix of found art, claymation, and the macrophotography of The Fountain. 

It makes me think of an alternate universe where Solaris got a tie-in game a la the 80's and 90's when any movie could become a game (Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Lawnmower Man, Platoon, etc.)

I really want to play The Swapper, but I haven't had time yet. It looks pretty exceptional.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3115 on: June 04, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »

Currently playing Metro: Last Light.

I loved the atmosphere and presentation of the first part but Last Light sort of doesn't work this way. There are ridiculously awesome gun updates (four-barreled shotguns! laser pointer, scopes and silencers for all weapongs etc) and more stealth in general. But I miss the "spiritual" aspect of the first game, Last Light has less philosophic stuff in general.

I started watching an LP of Last Light, and it got me intrigued. Started on 2033. Really interesting game series.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: June 04, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »

Just got the best ending of 999.

Holy crap.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Kekskiller
« Reply #3117 on: June 04, 2013, 03:10:41 PM »

I take everything back about Metro: Last Light. There IS the crap ton of philosophy, they just packed in the last third of the game or so. Still a shame because you're sort of getting bombarded with hocuspocus that never happened before. Atleast me prefers to blow brains for a change until the next story bite kicks in. Wish they made it a bit more mixed.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3118 on: June 04, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »

Last night I played and completed Save the Date. I really liked it!

I've been playing Spelunky and Pacman CE DX on my girlfriend's Xbox, since the fraternity one can't hook up to the internet to verify my files. I haven't played either in months and it feels GREAT. Got to Ice Caves on my second try, and Pacman plays as great as it ever did. Man, I love those games.

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3119 on: June 04, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »

I'm about 3-4 hours into Anodyne. I'm a big Zelda fan, so I'm eating this game up right now. I lurked its devlog for a bit too, so I've been interested in it for quite some time. I have run into the occasional bug, but nothing game-breaking so far.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic