Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 02:21:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsUniKnowledge Unity contest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UniKnowledge Unity contest  (Read 1817 times)
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »

UniKnowledge 2 is very similar to the last UniKnowledge. The concept is the same: develop a sample game project and document the development. You can comment the code, create a tutorial, record videos and video-tutorials... it's up to you. The best entry wins, and by best entry we mean the entry that teaches most. However, UniKnowledge 2 has a theme. The sample game must be a vehicle-oriented game, meaning that you can teach people how to make a good kart racing game, or a dogfight game, or a motocross game... etc.

How it works
This contest consists of, basically, building an easy-to-understand and well-documented sample game project for Unity users. You don't need to worry about media, you can just use primitives and/or prototype media. The important thing is that you finish the game prototype and teach well: from brainstorming, to game logic and programming. The objective here is to develop the best sample project, not the best game.

http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=37533&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There's a contest in the Unity community for a sample/tutorial project for a vehicle based game. They have some prizes, such as Cheetah3D and Modo licenses. Now that Unity is free, it should be fairly easy for anyone to take a shot at this.

twitter: @docky
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »

Sounds like a great contest, and right up my alley, seeing as how I make vechicle-based games since I haven't yet got the gumption to try and animate humanoid things.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic